X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Life on Other Planets AKA Johns
    Are you Kidding me??
    • Oct 2005

Chloe Harris CD

Got this info from another board. Chloe care to tell us more with a tracklist please and release date

"Most people know Chloe Harris for the time she has spent on the decks recently with DJs such as John Digweed, and many others , but she has been pushing the limits of the electronic music scene for years. With her show B-Sides on Proton Radio, Chloe has introduced many to sounds that are not the mainstream, and has been cultivating a following of listeners for over 6 years now. It is no wonder that Proton Ltd, Protons new offshoot label, has asked Chloe to mix their first compilation.

The concept is simple: to present a collection of tracks and remixes by Chloe and other artists that will challenge the way our music is thought of in the electronic music culture today, and where it will go in the future. With her vast knowledge of various genres and sounds, Chloe will no doubt deliver an astounding product. Proton Ltd. is very happy to be involved in this experiment.

Chloes B-Sides show has consistently delivered the best experimental music for over 6 years on Proton Radio. It has been a leader of championing the sides of the music that many are unfamiliar with."

• AntonyM
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • Oct 2004

Re: Chloe Harris CD

Pretty sure she has mention something about accepting track submission here on MS, imagine has something to do with that comp, either, should be a good one.
    Originally posted by Shpira
    So came back last night...
    Sven Vath was amazing...he played a god damn killer set...ended up going to that and came to at like 10 am in some whore house in south Amsterdam...no idea how I ended up there...friday was a bit of a blur got really drunk and visited several parties can't remember a whole lot to be honest hehe...saturday was probably the best day that I recall...started up in the nearest coffee shop and going from party to party...beautiful woman, beer and weed...finished the night by taking some shrooms and listening to an amazing elke kleijn set...sunday...i met a nice girl who worked at one of the coffee shops and ended up talking to her for like 6 hours...was supposed to meet her at some DnB party...but instead went for a steak and walked around red light district bars drinking and smoking...monday took it easy went to a coffee shop and took a taxi to airport....

All in all...I think I will be going back there some time soon
    Originally posted by Illuminate
    Let me get this straight.

So white-middle class Americans have been told by their Television sets to be fearful of:

1. Mexicans/Latinos from the South bringing drugs and killings n' shit.
    2. African Americans cause mos def they are raging a race war and want to occupy America like how the plebs occupied Wall St.
    3. Iranians/Afghans/Any one of middle eastern origin to be quite frank, cause you know Islam...
    4. North Koreans/Chinese cause you know everything...

Am I close here?

Comment

• simonr
      Transitionator
      • Jun 2004

I believe she's humping pillows on the cover artwork too

Should be a good'un !
      sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• DancingQueen
        AVB FanClub | President
        • Oct 2005

Looking forward to hearing this.
        Rock on chicky!!
        sigpic
        RIP Steve "Jibs" James - Your footprint is forever on my soul and in my heart xoxo
        RIP Jeff Shewchuk aka DJ Jeff Taylor (day_for_night) - You will live on in my heart forever xoxo

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Comment

• Life on Other Planets AKA Johns
          Are you Kidding me??
          • Oct 2005

Bump in case Chloe logs in

Comment

• ddr
            DUDERZ get a life!!!
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by AntonyM
            Pretty sure she has mention something about accepting track submission here on MS, imagine has something to do with that comp, either, should be a good one.
            looking forward to that!

2 cds i hope?
            "pics or stfu" - R.I.P. Steve "Jibgolly" James

Comment

• papa_giorgio
              Addiction started
              • Jun 2004

<3 chloe's work since i saw her play in Miami few years ago. would like to know bout this as well

Comment

• Dhar_2
                meat and potatoes
                • Jun 2004

nice one Chlo!!!

Comment

• chloe harris
                  Platinum Poster
                  • Jun 2004

just one cd i'm afraid.

its going to be a mostly afterhours sort of mix. so far there's deep house, tech house, techno, downtempo, minimal, ambient, breaks and some idm'ish stuff on it. its very layered and i hope people like it.

i'll have a tracklist soonish for everyone. and you'll get a good dose of the type of music coming out on my label 'further'. i have new artists mostly like this awesome kid called dennis white who makes fantastic deepy techy prog house, scd who wrote a lovely tune, and then a couple cool legends, including voyager.

i'm hope you guys like it!
                  pillow humping rules.

Comment

• Haziel
                    Likes a finger upthere
                    • Jan 2007

Go Chloe

Comment

• runningman
                      Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
                      • Jun 2004

Papa Giorgio!!! the man with the best avatar and never posts..

Hell I will even give it a listen.

Comment

• i!!ustrious
                        I got some N64 Games Yo!!
                        • Mar 2008

fuck yes Chloe, i will for sure give this a deep listen, it looks to be very interesting as always.

voyager
                        (((( }-d|-__-|b-{ ))))

Comment

• papa_giorgio
                          Addiction started
                          • Jun 2004

haha im a very busy man in the restaurant as a sous chef but im still around

Comment

• feather
                            Shanghai ooompa loompa
                            • Jul 2004

If he posts more, [ms] would grind to a halt.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
                            a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
                            Originally posted by m1sT3rL
                            Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• bobjuice
                              Banned
                              • May 2008

Originally posted by feather
                              If he posts more, [ms] would grind to a halt.
                              yeah it just did this end

lookin forward to the cd

Comment

Working...