Mercuryserver 7th birthday (2009)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TomTom
    Paging Doctor Weeds...we have a shortage on 1st St.
    • May 2002

[ms] birthday
    Mercuryserver 7th birthday (2009)

Yet another year has passed and we are still here as you can see. The last year was like a rollercoaster with both awesome and sad moments. We broke several records and now have over 30,000 registered members, more than 700,000 postings and an average of 9,000,000 hits per month on MercuryServer. New members have introduced themselves to our community and decided to stay, others have left and some came back after a longer absence. We have also added new members to run and maintain MercuryServer and MCast to ensure you have a good time visiting our websites.

My personal highlight of the last Year was to finally meet my brother and website partner Kamal in person. Members from [ms] staff, good friends from the website and also of course the FSM crew and their friends have met in Pensacola in Florida for a party that lasted several days which was the best time of the Year for me. I have also met Steve James in the USA for the first time which leads me to the saddest moment of 2008. The loss of Steve “Jibgolly” James, who has decided to leave this Life in November last Year has ripped a hole in a lot of hearts in and outside of our community and caused wounds that still need to heal. R.I.P Steve, you will never be forgotten.

Thanks to the [ms] community for giving us the reason to continue with what we do and special thanks to everybody on Team Mercuryserver and MCast for the work and dedication you put into our websites to make them unique. So let’s stand together for this moment and just celebrate ourselves because…We are Mercuryserver.
    Last edited by TomTom; May 2, 2009, 01:49:26 AM.
  • Kamal
    Administrator
    • May 2002

Re: Mercuryserver 7th birthday

There's so much to say that I don't know where to start but more importantly, all of those who have made [ms] such a close knit community already know / have shared / felt the whirlwind of emotions that our community has experienced / gone through over the last several years. From crashes to resurrections, new found friendships and those that have been cemented for life, there's so much that comes to mind and heart when I want to write this post and it's difficult where I would like to start.

Our 7 years has been an accomplishment in itself and without the motivation of my mentor Tom, I doubt I would have managed to make it so far by myself. Making it even more of an incredible thing was getting to meet him in person last year, along with so many "e-friends" who are now buddies for life. MercuryServer has been a life changing establishment for me on so many levels.

Without making this a novel, I would like to thank every one of you who have made this place so special, for being in our midst and uniting to make what MercuryServer has always stood to represent as a community.

Happy 7th to all
    Last edited by Kamal; May 2, 2009, 07:53:40 AM.
    www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
    he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
    Originally posted by ace_dl
    Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
    I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• TomTom
      Paging Doctor Weeds...we have a shortage on 1st St.
      • May 2002

Re: Mercuryserver 7th birthday

Of course there is Music included when Mercuryserver is celebrating another successful year so it is now time to introduce the 2009 lineup of our community's birthday.

Hernan Cattaneo (Argentina)

Download Hernan's Mercuryserver 7th anniversary mix here:

I knew we would get a mix from Hernan for our birthday since some time already and I had to bite my lips not to tease or spoil the news after reading the threads where people were already starving and wondered when they will hear something new from him.

The day is May 2nd 2009 and it happens on Mercuryserver's 7th birthday.

Hernan has given us a two hour long mix recorded live on April 24, 2009 when he played in the Venue club in Athens, Greece and it is our exceptional pleasure to offer it to his fans as the first web site world wide. A part of this mix will also be used for his Renaissance promo mix later on. Many thanks to Hernan for this incredible birthday gift.

John Graham (Quivver) (UK)

Download John's Mercuryserver 7th anniversary mix here: Click me

What can I say about John Graham, a producer and DJ who is in business since over a decade and known under so many monikers. Skanna, Tilt, Space Manoeuvres and of course Quivver, are the few that come instantly to my mind. The man is a legend, either when he is performing/creating alone or together with his partners, he has influenced more than one Genre in the EDM scene with his productions.

His birthday gift to the Mercuryserver community is special because of two reasons. It is the very first time we are featuring a mix from John Graham and we are pleased to announce another world wide premiere. Mercuryserver is the first website where you can download Quivver's recent Dirty Nails & Vapour Trails album including all tracks mixed from John Graham himself for free.

Thanks to John for this fantastic opportunity and special thanks to Crystal and Jimmy from jackhammermovement.com for the cooperation.

Tracklist:

01 - Intro [Mixed]
      02 - Surin [Mixed]
      03 - Chasin a Feeling [Mixed]
      04 - What's Not Going On [Mixed]
      05 - Tick Tick [Mixed]
      06 - 2 Notes 'N' a Beat [Mixed]
      07 - Dancing in Dark Rooms [Mixed]
      08 - Fallin' [Mixed]
      09 - Ghosts [Mixed]
      10 - These Are the Days [Mixed]

Rick Pier O'Neil (RPO) (Mexico)

Download Rick's Mercuryserver 7th anniversary mix here: Click me

The next DJ and producer on our birthday program is Rick Pier O'Neil. He is also somebody who is playing and making music since the early nineties and he has left his footprints in the EDM scene in more than one Genre. Rick has always been a busy bee and managed to be a DJ, producer, remixer and the man behind the incredible labels RPO Records and Garbage Records.

A mera glance at his impressive discogs list makes it apparent that he has been well around the block and always trying out new things and sampling different genres: http://www.discogs.com/artist/Rick+Pier+O%27Neil. Garbage Records is the label for dark, tribal and techno tracks and this is the mixture you can expect from the birthday mix Rick has made exclusively for the Mercuryserver community. Kudos to you for your birthday gift and for making and playing this kind of music, Rick.

Tracklist:

01 - Rick Pier O Neil - Submission remix [Garbage Records]
      02 - Rick Pier O Neil - Tulum part 1 [Open Records]
      03 - Hanne, Snezerisch - I miss ma mam [Rhythm Royal]
      04 - RPO & David Weed - Musik [Garbage Records]
      05 - RPO & David Weed - Your destiny [Blue Records]
      06 - RPO & David Weed - Forgotten [Garbage Records]
      07 - RPO & David Weed - Cenote [Garbage Records]
      08 - Mutant Clan - Inside [SCI+TEC Digital Audio]
      09 - Rick Pier O Neil - Never seen before [RPO Records]
      10 - Dark and deep
      11 - S Mac, P Harris - Dizzi heigths [sMACk Records]
      12 - Symphonix - Trip Away (RPO remix) [Blue Records]
      13 - RPO - Mexican Invasion [Frekency Records]
      14 - Rick Pier O Neil - Eternal life [Garbage Records]
      15 - Kaempfer & Dietze - Shear Force (RPO remix) [Iono Music]
      16 - Maelstrom - Bitch(RPO remix) [Iboga Records]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks again to all the artists for making the 7th birthday of our website something special and also many thanks to Dom "asdf_admin" Kruger for the banners and to Mike "MJ" Storey for producing the jingles.

Happy Birthday, Mercuryserver. Onward and upward.

Public mirrors while we try to get rid of the results from the hack attack and bring the internal archive files back:

Hernan Cattaneo pt1: http://rapidshare.com/files/22748756...ay_mix_pt1.mp3

Hernan Cattaneo pt2: http://rapidshare.com/files/22750066...ay_mix_pt2.mp3

John Graham: http://rapidshare.com/files/22745670...rthday_mix.mp3

Rick Pier O'Neill: http://rapidshare.com/files/22748054...rthday_mix.mp3
      Last edited by TomTom; May 8, 2009, 09:38:12 AM.

Comment

• MJ
        Here since 2002
        • Jun 2004

Re: ms 7th bday writeup and mixes

This year has been a low one for most of us I guess. Loosing Steve was a massive blow, I dearly wish he was here to celebrate this with us now.

Most of the credit for this celebration should go to Tom, the amount of work he does to get this together is unparalleled. Respect Tom sir.

Thanks very much should go to the DJ's that actually delivered what they said they would deliver, you make this anniversary all the more special.

It's a pleasure and an honor to have been a part of this place for so long, my only wish is that it continues to grow as it has in the past. Long live the Server of Mercury.

Happy birthday all, MJ loves you.
        mjwebhosting you know it makes sense

Silentium est aureum

Comment

• feather
          Shanghai ooompa loompa
          • Jul 2004

Happy birthday mercury server

Just saw the sticky and mixes ...

Shit, MS is 7! Woo hoo! 7 years (a fucking eternity on the internet!) and still the best music community around. Well done people.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
          a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
          Originally posted by m1sT3rL
          Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• tiddles
            Encryption, Jr.
            • Jun 2004

Re: Mercuryserver 7th birthday mixes from Hernan Cattaneo, Quivver and RPO

Happy Birthday to the ol' bitch, ms and thanks for all the work you guys put in.

ahem, is this hernan set authorized?

Comment

• feather
              Shanghai ooompa loompa
              • Jul 2004

Re: Happy birthday mercury server

a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
              Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• feather
                Shanghai ooompa loompa
                • Jul 2004

Comment

• feather
                  Shanghai ooompa loompa
                  • Jul 2004

Woo hoo!

Comment

• herre
                    Platinum Poster
                    • Jun 2004

thanks K&T, happy bday MS!

Comment

• Haziel
                      Likes a finger upthere
                      • Jan 2007

Congrats

To Kamal , Tom Tom and everyone

Comment

• davetlv
                        Platinum Poster
                        • Jun 2004

Happy Birthday [ms]

Comment

• Gatz
                          Are you Kidding me??
                          • Jun 2004

Another 1 bites the dust - happy birthday [ms].

Comment

• i!!ustrious
                            I got some N64 Games Yo!!
                            • Mar 2008

!!!!!!! ... thanks for everything [ms] ... respect.

(((( }-d|-__-|b-{ ))))

Comment

• FM
                              Wooooooo!
                              • Jun 2004

7 years and counting....and still kicking.

Thanks for the mixes. These ought to be pretty popular
                              FM

"Nowadays everyone is a fucking DJ." - Jack Dangers

What record did you loose your virginity to?
                              "I don't like having sex with music on- I find it distracting. And if it's a mix cd- forget it. I'm stopping to check the beat mixing in between tracks." - Tom Stephan

Download/Listen To My Mixes
                              Facebook!
                              A Journey Into Sound On MCast

Satisfaction guaranteed, or double your music back.

Comment

Working...