• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • simonr
    Transitionator
    • Jun 2004

The most beautiful pieces of music ever recorded - post yours

Though I'd start a new thread.

Those long cold winter nights have kicked in, so it's time to put the fire on, settle on the sofa, kick back, and put on music that is spellbinding.

I've just dusted this off - it's one of my favs:

]

Post your youtube links ... if the mood grabs you
    Last edited by simonr; February 19, 2011, 11:13:32 AM.
    sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.
  • Micko
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • Oct 2004

Re: The most beautiful pieces of music ever recorded - post yours

Great idea Simon

Ambient music is perfect for this mood

I'll get back to you on this

Comment

• AntonyM
      DUDERZ get a life!!!
      • Oct 2004

Sounds a bit morbid but whatever the hell they do with my remains when I kick off
      this is what I want playing

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=so-L12LFRR8[/YOUTUBE]
      Originally posted by Shpira
      So came back last night...
      Sven Vath was amazing...he played a god damn killer set...ended up going to that and came to at like 10 am in some whore house in south Amsterdam...no idea how I ended up there...friday was a bit of a blur got really drunk and visited several parties can't remember a whole lot to be honest hehe...saturday was probably the best day that I recall...started up in the nearest coffee shop and going from party to party...beautiful woman, beer and weed...finished the night by taking some shrooms and listening to an amazing elke kleijn set...sunday...i met a nice girl who worked at one of the coffee shops and ended up talking to her for like 6 hours...was supposed to meet her at some DnB party...but instead went for a steak and walked around red light district bars drinking and smoking...monday took it easy went to a coffee shop and took a taxi to airport....

All in all...I think I will be going back there some time soon
      Originally posted by Illuminate
      Let me get this straight.

So white-middle class Americans have been told by their Television sets to be fearful of:

1. Mexicans/Latinos from the South bringing drugs and killings n' shit.
      2. African Americans cause mos def they are raging a race war and want to occupy America like how the plebs occupied Wall St.
      3. Iranians/Afghans/Any one of middle eastern origin to be quite frank, cause you know Islam...
      4. North Koreans/Chinese cause you know everything...

Am I close here?

Comment

• AntonyM
        DUDERZ get a life!!!
        • Oct 2004

IMO One of the best pop songs ever
        [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKd06s1LNik[/YOUTUBE]
        Sven Vath was amazing...he played a god damn killer set...ended up going to that and came to at like 10 am in some whore house in south Amsterdam...no idea how I ended up there...friday was a bit of a blur got really drunk and visited several parties can't remember a whole lot to be honest hehe...saturday was probably the best day that I recall...started up in the nearest coffee shop and going from party to party...beautiful woman, beer and weed...finished the night by taking some shrooms and listening to an amazing elke kleijn set...sunday...i met a nice girl who worked at one of the coffee shops and ended up talking to her for like 6 hours...was supposed to meet her at some DnB party...but instead went for a steak and walked around red light district bars drinking and smoking...monday took it easy went to a coffee shop and took a taxi to airport....

So white-middle class Americans have been told by their Television sets to be fearful of:

2. African Americans cause mos def they are raging a race war and want to occupy America like how the plebs occupied Wall St.
        3. Iranians/Afghans/Any one of middle eastern origin to be quite frank, cause you know Islam...

Am I close here?

Comment

• AntonyM
          DUDERZ get a life!!!
          • Oct 2004

This one still gets me worked up
          [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_ZZo3ft4Sg&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

Am I close here?

Comment

• i!!ustrious
            I got some N64 Games Yo!!
            • Mar 2008

silence and the soundless sound
            (((( }-d|-__-|b-{ ))))

Comment

• AntonyM
              DUDERZ get a life!!!
              • Oct 2004

Originally posted by simonr
              Though I'd start a new thread.

Those long cold winter nights have kicked in, so it's time to put the fire on, settle on the sofa, kick back, and put on music that is spellbinding.

I've just dusted this off - it's one of my favs:

[YOUTUBE]5EAQ1oX7hv8[/YOUTUBE]

Post your youtube links ... if the mood grabs you
              Those two are quite a duo and props to you for being a Charlie Haden fan
              saw him back in the early ninties as a trio (Wanton Spirit) also the LMO stuff is great, very avant garde material between him and Scott La Faro who played with Bill Evans, two large influences on my bass playing, as for Pat Metheny, if you have seen him live, what else is there to say, mindblowing.

Am I close here?

Comment

• coleby761
                Are you Kidding me??
                • May 2008

Franklin's Tower- Grateful Dead. A beautiful tune for me it's timeless. Listen to that guitar

You'd think I could embedd it by now.

Comment

• i!!ustrious
                  • Mar 2008

^ just wrap the youtube tags around the link bro.
                  (((( }-d|-__-|b-{ ))))

Comment

• DIDI
                    Aussie Pest
                    • Nov 2004

Beautiful music tends to be my thing but, this is the one I keep going back to. First heard on Hernan's metrodance and my tune of the year that year.

Hernan's version had more groove
                    Last edited by DIDI; February 19, 2011, 09:14:11 PM.
                    Originally posted by TheVrk
                    it IS incredible isn't it??
                    STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
                    Simply does not get any better than Hernan
                    The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• i!!ustrious
                      • Mar 2008

imagine if deejays mixed only beautiful music; i know of only a handful.
                      (((( }-d|-__-|b-{ ))))

Comment

• max
                        Are you Kidding me??
                        • Jun 2004

one of the best edm tune for me so far..
                        a ten year old love. jap, 99 was a great year!

[youtube]1aYxeE_pTwY[/youtube]
                        ...and yes, its a repost^^

Comment

• floridaorange
                          I'm merely a humble butler
                          • Dec 2005

Originally posted by coleby761
                          Franklin's Tower- Grateful Dead. A beautiful tune for me it's timeless. Listen to that guitar

You'd think I could embedd it by now.
                          [youtube] youtube link here [/youtube]

dont forget the forward slash ^^^^^

(you can manually type out the above youtube brackets)

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• max
                            Are you Kidding me??
                            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by floridaorange
                            [YOUTUBE] youtube link here [/YOUTUBE]

dont forget the forward slash ^^^^^

(you can manually type out the above youtube brackets)
                            and in this case ur youtube link would be => 6ppefO1Mja4
                            ...and yes, its a repost^^

Comment

• bobjuice
                              Banned
                              • May 2008

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Z4cLmbw6q0[/YOUTUBE]

or .....

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrhZs6M5Z3w[/YOUTUBE]

Comment

Working...