Liverpool - English Premier League - 17 games to go...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Weizy
    MCast Resident DJ
    • Jun 2004

Re: Liverpool - English Premier League - 17 games to go...

I am at a loss of words today after the result against Fulham. To their credit they have been playing well especially after logging more matches than any other club in the EPL this season. I'm just hoping for decent finish in the final 4 matches and a quality showing in the Europa League semis.

I also took in the Man U match today, and I must say I feel bad that Rooney is out. I never like to see a team take a step back due to injury. I still think they have some magic left in the tank with or without their world class striker.

Comment

• Steve Graham
      DJ Jelly
      • Jun 2004

Man U should not miss a beat without Rooney, Berbatov is a fuckin joke for 30.75 million... I'm just going to go with the fact they'll only win one trophy this season... my main concern is the world cup right now... we couldn't beat Chelsea once this season, I'd rather they not win than win and not have been able to beat Chelsea once.. though Arsenal and Chelsea still have some tough matches ahead, should still be an interesting last few weeks.. Liverpool on the other hand are looking they are Europa league bound next season.

Comment

• Steve Graham
        DJ Jelly
        • Jun 2004

well, they should miss a beat, he is that good, but they shouldn't fuckin crumble

Comment

• Maff
          Up the City
          • Dec 2006

I agree wid you Steve berbaflop is fucking useless, and your right about Rooney Man U should not crumble cos hes not playing. Its my opinion but think Untied and the Scousers need to spend big in the summer?

Comment

• Steve Graham
            DJ Jelly
            • Jun 2004

well, so Chelsea made a statement today then, lol

1. liverpool needs to clean house, starting with Rafa
            2. pissed off drogba got the scoring title
            3. Rooney had better not be injured very bad
            4. bring on June 12th!!!

Comment

• Steve Graham
              DJ Jelly
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Maff
              I agree wid you Steve berbaflop is fucking useless, and your right about Rooney Man U should not crumble cos hes not playing. Its my opinion but think Untied and the Scousers need to spend big in the summer?
              I think United deffo need to sell berbatov and get back what they can and use some of that Ronaldo cash to get another striker to support Rooney. Nani is coming along nicely, but Fletcher has a ways to go before he comes close to filling Keene's boots.
              I don't think Man U need to spend A LOT, just smart

Liverpool need to get rid of Rafa and I honestly think Gerrard needs a change of scenery tbh.. They don't have enough money to sort out their squad in one off season, and by the looks of it, they aren't doing very well financially

Comment

• Weizy
                MCast Resident DJ
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Steve Graham
                well, so Chelsea made a statement today then, lol

1. liverpool needs to clean house, starting with Rafa
                2. pissed off drogba got the scoring title
                3. Rooney had better not be injured very bad
                4. bring on June 12th!!!

#1 - While I do agree that LFC is need of some serious turnover within the squad there is no way in hell that the current ownership is going to be willing to buy out the remaining 12M-16M pounds that he still owed under his current contract. I fully expect Rafa to be back next year. I also don't believe for a second that many of the club's stars will be leaving. Neither Gerrard nor Torres will be sold and I highly doubt that any major signings will take place given the team's dire financial situation.

#2 - Whenever Chelsea or any other their players win anything I also get pissed

#3 - Sounds like Rooney will be ready for June 12th so how bad could it be?

#4 - USA vs. England --- June 12th!!! Bring it! - England has so much more to lose in this match. A loss to the Yanks would be a huge embarrassment.

Breathe. Thank god we've got World Cup this year! Had I of known that Liverpool would finish 7th I might not have been so confident that we could land in 4th place...ouch. Great season gents, can't wait for next season!

Comment

Working...