• Oct 2004

Lionel Messi

What a player? Surely the best in the world

The 4 goals against Arsenal says it all
  • zigh0
    Getting Somewhere
    • Apr 2006

Re: Lionel Messi

im a big follower for that legend...oh my God!! what a player,,he just loves football so much,,so the ball is giving him back....i dont think ive ever see or will see someone like this in my life...so for u ppl who doesnt watch his every single match,,i say dont miss the legend,there will not be likewise for some time...enjoy
    Buzzer

Comment

• Micko
      DUDERZ get a life!!!
      • Oct 2004

He could certainly go on to be one of the all-time greats

Comment

• Steve Graham
        DJ Jelly
        • Jun 2004

lets have a few more seasons before we dub the guy a legend, he's a very good player, and yes 4 goals against any club is a good show, but come on Almunia isn't exactly one of the worlds top goalies is he?

I'm not saying Messi isn't a great player, but Ronaldo had a season worthy of greatness until he left Man U, now he doesnt seem to be near as good this season, hopefully he comes back strong next year.

Comment

• Brazilec72
          Getting Somewhere
          • Jul 2009

Leo is already one of the best players, he is simply unbelievable. Alredy better than Cristiano Ronaldo, Ronaldinho .... and of course all the englands players ...

Comment

• Feliti
            Getting Somewhere
            • Feb 2008

agree with Brazilec, but he needs some more experience. He still cannot do in Argentinian selection the %10 he does in Barcelona.

Comment

• Steve Graham
              DJ Jelly
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Brazilec72
              Leo is already one of the best players, he is simply unbelievable. Alredy better than Cristiano Ronaldo, Ronaldinho .... and of course all the englands players ...
              we're talking footballers here not countries, let's leave that alone

he is a great player, the word legend gets thrown around way to easily is all I was saying

Comment

• AchtungBaby!
                DUDERZ get a life!!!
                • Feb 2009

Magic magic magic.. Best player i´ve seen in my entire life

Playing like this he will easily become the best player ever imo.. If Argentina wins the world cup, which is almost impossible with fucking Maradona, there´s nothing more he can win (as a team or individually) at the age of 22 - 23 ... Impressive to say the least

"vision over visibility" Paul Hewson

Comment

• unkle
                  Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                  • Mar 2007

D10s

Comment

• Steve Graham
                    DJ Jelly
                    • Jun 2004

"World Cup legend Pele claims that all talk of Lionel Messi being the greatest player in the world must stop until the Argentine scores his 1000th career goal."

Maybe the 1000th career goal is a bit much, but he has some other good points, like being the best player in his own country and helping his country win a world cup...

Comment

• Miguel
                      Are you Kidding me??
                      • Oct 2005

you have to take in account also who he has playing behind him in barcelona, iniesta and xavi are just exquisite handling the football, thats why in argentina messi doesnt shine as much.
                      To even start contemplating messi as the greatest he has to bring home the world cup, with him being the major ,and I mean MAJOR contributor

Comment

• Steve Graham
                        DJ Jelly
                        • Jun 2004

^^^ exactly
                        He IS an amazing talent, and so much fun to watch, but in all sports the media is so quick to start comparing athletes of today to legends, and then when they don't live up to it they're the first ones to rip them apart

Comment

• Miguel
                          Are you Kidding me??
                          • Oct 2005

media now adays bro

Comment

• AchtungBaby!
                            DUDERZ get a life!!!
                            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Miguel
                            To even start contemplating messi as the greatest he has to bring home the world cup, with him being the major ,and I mean MAJOR contributor
                            Absolutely true... That´s what all is about imo.. You CAN¨T be best player ever without it.. end of..

About Barcelona, ok, Xavi and Iniesta are delicious players but man, he is the best player without any doubt in the best team ever at the age 22.. That´s something huge imo

And Pele.. Do me a favor and STFU .. Goals has nothing to do with this.. Maradona (which is a disgusting person and i personally hate) made 350 goals and there´s a big part of this world who thinks was better player than you.. Or Romario made 650 goals in his carrer.. Is he better than Maradona?? Not even ONE person in the world thinks that..

"vision over visibility" Paul Hewson

Comment

• Steve Graham
                              DJ Jelly
                              • Jun 2004

yeah, the goals thing was a bit off.. but as i said he made some good points other than that

22, christ that's scary

Comment

Working...