• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • buckman
    Platinum Poster
    • Jun 2004

Re: NFL Draft 2010

Originally posted by buckman
    I am also a Pats fan. I don't understand why they went with another corner back when they just resigned Leigh Bodden to 4 year deal. They also have Darius Butler, Shawn Springs & Terrence Wheatley. To me they should have went for Dez Bryant or at least a linebacker.
    I take back what I said. lol apparently they drafted a TE in Rob Gronkowski and the Florida duo of DE Jermaine Cunningham and LB Brandon Spikes
    " Darkness Imprisioning Me
    All That I See
    Absolute Horror
    I Cannot Live
    I Cannot Die
    Trapped In Myself
    Body My Holding Cell"-James Hetfield(Metallica)

soulseek sn buckman28

Comment

• coleby761
      Are you Kidding me??
      • May 2008

Love the spikes pick, with him & mayo @ inside backer in the 3-4 should b good. They just really need to get to the qb cuz their secondary is terrible.

Comment

• Steve Graham
        DJ Jelly
        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Jenks
        im pretty happy with bradford i guess. it's a gamble i think the rams had to take with no real starting QB at the helm. it would have sucked to see bradford go to another team and end up like matt ryan (who we also passed on). glad to see they went O Line in round two, gotta protect bradford + give him time to pass. he's used to being able to sit back there all day at oklahoma and stare at open recievers..that shit ain't happenin in the NFL.

i think tebow is going to make a lot of people eat their words. i don't like the guy (because i fking hate the gators), but he's an awesome football player and there is no denying that. maybe not a starting NFL QB (yet), but he's your third down guy every time if you need a few yards. swing him out in the flats with an option to throw and you're getting a first down every time. josh daniels is the right guy for him too. i think tebow is just too tough and too much of a baller to not be worth a shit in the NFL. i'm kinda pulling for him just because i like seeing people look like asses for being wrong.
        there's no denying the kid has heart and is a good athlete, my point is when Denver has so many other needs especially they don't really have a running back to speak of, a first round pick on tebow was a massive waste of a pick and first round money for a novelty player.. you can't possibly think he's going to run around the nfl like he did in college, he's not fast and he will get killed the way he puts his head down and tries to push his way through the line.

I'm in no way hoping he fails, that's just in poor taste, I just don't see him being this great nfl player so many people keep going on about that's all. I mean seriously, how often does a heisman winner really excel on the next level?
        more often than not they're a bust, especially QB's

but, Denver will certainly sell a shite load of Tebow jerseys, mostly in Florida I bet, lol

Comment

• floridaorange
          I'm merely a humble butler
          • Dec 2005

^those are all valid points, but I think Tebow is going to continue to develop his game, and shock people.

Originally posted by Jenks
          i think tebow is going to make a lot of people eat their words.
          Me too...he's a great leader and team player, and an asset to any team that may be lacking in the leadership department. Time will tell.

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• Steve Graham
            DJ Jelly
            • Jun 2004

lol, yes time will tell
            if being a great leader and team player was all it took to make it in the nfl it would be a lot easier to play pro football

I'm sure he will develop his game, but paying someone millions to "develop their game" seems a bit counter productive that's all, it's a gamble, may be it will pay off, may be it won't

Comment

• coleby761
              Are you Kidding me??
              • May 2008

McDaniels' is a Belichick pupil and when Belichick took over most Pat's fans didn't know what the hell he was doing and it worked out, time will defo tell with the Broncos. I just don't see how you pass up Clausen to take Tebow in the 1st round.

Comment

Working...