X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jenks
    I'm kind of a big deal.
    • Jun 2004

ESPN 30 for 30

anyone watching these? i'm not a huge fan of espn's sports reporting (fking yankees, red sox, yankees, red sox, yankees, red sox), but they hit it out of the park with this documentary film series.

Stream the latest episode of 30 for 30 on Watch ESPN. ESPN's award-winning documentary series.

Run Ricky Run - very cool, best one yet. i have a lot more respect for RW than i did before watching that documentary.

really liked The U, and Reggie Miller vs. The New York Knicks too. check it.
  • Steve Graham
    DJ Jelly
    • Jun 2004

Re: ESPN 30 for 30

i've seen the previews but haven't watched any yet, though i wouldn't mind seeing the RW one.
    I'm pretty impressed with how he's come back from his few years of weed issues, but I'd be interested in knowing more as he never came across as someone that just didn't give a fuck

and +1 as far espn basically sucks as a network these days.. i used to really like sportscenter, now i can't really stand watching it

Comment

• Garrick
      DUDERZ get a life!!!
      • Jun 2004

sportscenter comes on like 14 hours out of the day.... its annoying!

i heard those 30 for 30 shows are really good... the only one i've seen is the ricky williams one because i've always felt sorry for him and for whatever reason always respected him. it's great because you hear the real story (i think) and it shows you how much of a victim he was of the media. i heard the AI one was really good too.
      Should I fuck you at that not until the ass, inject then tremendously hard bumschen and to the termination in the eyes yes?

Comment

• MusicJatt
        Platinum Poster
        • Aug 2004

the knicks one was great, Mark Jackson talking Reggie up when they finally got past them in the playoffs. Reggie got into it with Spike and the knicks took the series, Skipped AI cause ESPN's covered it over the years. Run Ricky Run came at the perfect time in his story. He just had a 1,000 yard season.

Comment

• Jenks
          I'm kind of a big deal.
          • Jun 2004

Reggie Miller vs. The New York Knicks was fantastic. My second favorite behind the RW one so far. The U was good too, trash talking jimmy johnson's hurricanes. Michael Irvin - "Jimmy was the first black coach at miami" lol. There were some awesome quotes from The U. "If you don't like us celebrating, then keep us out of your endzone."

Comment

• pimpmcknight
            Getting Somewhere
            • Jul 2004

I thought The U one was outstanding. I loved all of the show-boating and non-sense after the big hits, sacks, TDs, etc. They really did a good job explaining the rise of Miami U, but wished they told more of the "fall" as well. The opening theme song is awesome as well.

I've got the Reggie Miller one and Ricky Williams one DVR'ed but haven't watched them yet.
            Gooch...

Comment

• MusicJatt
              Platinum Poster
              • Aug 2004

I havent had the time to watch another, they better have them on dvd ... this is looking like a job for netflix

Comment

• da hype
                Getting Somewhere
                • Dec 2009

Straight outta LA was Horrible....

Not one mention of Bo Jackson's impact, Tim Brown, the additions of Roger Craig or Ronnie Lott or even Hostetler.

Ice-Cube made it more about NWA influence of wearing Raiders gear in society and in Pop culture then he did about the Raiders

ESPN should be embarrassed for airing that one

Comment

• Haziel
                  Likes a finger upthere
                  • Jan 2007

I pretty much enjoyed the "two escobars "

Comment

• Miguel
                    Are you Kidding me??
                    • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Haziel
                    I pretty much enjoyed the "two escobars "
                    this brought teras to my eyes.
                    I was at every homegame in those classifiers, sad, we will never see a team of that quality, I'll say the Spain of today reminds me of that Colombia

Comment

• Miguel
                      Are you Kidding me??
                      • Oct 2005

have not watched any other ones

Comment

• i!!ustrious
                        I got some N64 Games Yo!!
                        • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Steve Graham

and +1 as far espn basically sucks as a network these days.. i used to really like sportscenter, now i can't really stand watching it
                        goddamn right~!. the days when kenny mayne, stuart scott, dan patrick all used to make sportcenter strait comedy to watch

30for30 is sick tho
                        (((( }-d|-__-|b-{ ))))

Comment

• Miguel
                          Are you Kidding me??
                          • Oct 2005

the WC coverage has not been bad at all, apart from A.Lalas and that fat clueless gringo, better than watching Univision and those stupid comentators and ex players filled with hatred and stoopid comments

Comment

• chuckc
                            DUDERZ get a life!!!
                            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by da hype
                            Straight outta LA was Horrible....

Not one mention of Bo Jackson's impact, Tim Brown, the additions of Roger Craig or Ronnie Lott or even Hostetler.

Ice-Cube made it more about NWA influence of wearing Raiders gear in society and in Pop culture then he did about the Raiders

ESPN should be embarrassed for airing that one

i actually thought that one was bad ass....i guess that may be because i was an NWA fan when they broke out in the 80's. so what if cube put his own personal influence into it.

Comment

• da hype
                              Getting Somewhere
                              • Dec 2009

Originally posted by chuckc
                              i actually thought that one was bad ass....i guess that may be because i was an NWA fan when they broke out in the 80's. so what if cube put his own personal influence into it.

I'm an NWA fan as well but in terms of sports, that doc lacked alot of info in regards to the Raiders

seriously...if you're going to talk about the Raiders in late 80s and you don't mention one of greatest athletes in sports who wore the Silver and black, its pathetic

Comment

Working...