X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chuckc
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • Jun 2004

Blown MLB Call of Perfect Game

this has got to be the biggest blunder ever with any kind of ref. tigers and mlb history got screwed
    Last edited by chuckc; June 3, 2010, 01:18:25 PM.
  • Kiff
    Getting Somewhere
    • Oct 2006

Re: Blown MLB Call of Perfect Game

My, my. That was a piss-poor call. It's almost as bad as Phil Luckett botching that coin toss in that Steelers/Lions game back in 2001.
    “Only those who attempt the absurd...will achieve the impossible. I think...I think it's in my basement... Let me go upstairs and check.” - MC Escher

Comment

• Garrick
      DUDERZ get a life!!!
      • Jun 2004

^ almost? way worse, imo... a kid was deprived a perfect game. would have been only the 21st ever! can we say.... ALLOW REPLAYS!
      Should I fuck you at that not until the ass, inject then tremendously hard bumschen and to the termination in the eyes yes?

Comment

• Steve Graham
        DJ Jelly
        • Jun 2004

glad to see the umpire immediately owned up to it and apologised, unlike the A Hernandez/Jay West crew that blantantly missed a call against the Rays
        The scene at the ball park the next day showed what true sportsmanship is all about

Comment

• fuctuup
          Addiction started
          • Aug 2007

That was a terrible call. Wish the commissioner had the balls to overturn it. What a puss.
          "Dance to the \'ri-them\, to the \'ri-them\, to the \'r`im\"

Comment

• CircleGuy
            Banned
            • Jan 2010

umpires talk to each other between innings and i'm sure it came up how the Tiger's pitcher was about to throw a perfect game. that umpire had his head too far up his ass to realize the gravity of the situation, a perfect game. it's what pitchers strive for in every game of their career. even though according to baseball rules "the tie goes to the runner", the umpire should have simply called the runner out. i mean calling him out would not have dramatically changed the outcome of the game, the umpire just wanted to do the wrong thing. his action was a travesty to baseball and his apology was bullshit

Comment

• Steve Graham
              DJ Jelly
              • Jun 2004

he made a mistake, lol, they still won

Comment

• toasty
                Sir Toastiness
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by CircleUP
                his apology was bullshit
                I'm not sure what more you can ask of someone as apologies go.

Comment

• Steve Graham
                  DJ Jelly
                  • Jun 2004

exactly, if you're going tobe pissed be pissed at Selig for not having the bollocks to over turn it, but even still you're opening a potential can of worms by doing that.. and for christ sake the pitcher himself is ok with it, I think everyone should be

at the end of the day, blowing a call and affecting the outcome of a game is much worse than blowing call and ruining a perfect game

Comment

Working...