X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 88Mariner
    My dick is smaller
    • Nov 2006

Songs that made the compilation/songs you would take off the compilation

Was listening to the GU:Miami disk 1 yesterday as I cruised around. What a great disk, but then i hit track 10 and i thought....wtf is this shit? this doesn't belong on this sultry-sexy-sunset disk. And I thought, damn, I wish he had taken this track off. It (Silicone Soul - Les Nocturnes) has no place on this disk.

But all was better when track 12: Mimosa - End of Me (Jazzy Dub Mix), started pumping out the speakers. I almost wish it had ended on this track. srs. There are some choice tunes on that...but this track just sounds amazing on that album.

So i'm posting this question: is there a compilation you've got where you think one track just doesn't fit AT ALL on that disk? And/Or is there one track that just MAKES the disk so much more special?
    you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky

it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles

Am I somewhere....in the corners of your mind....

----PEACE-----
  • chunky
    Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
    • Jan 2006

Re: Songs that made the compilation/songs you would take off the compilation

Paul Oakenfolds Perfecto Ibiza CD. He put that U2 Beautiful Day track on which is gash. If he had put the Brothers in Rhythm remix of U2 Staring at the Sun on instead it would have been brilliant. Sometimes you need a track that lifts the crowd and I think this track does

Originally posted by res0nat0r
    OK Lets All Stroke Ron Pauls Cock On 3!

Comment

• chunky
      Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
      • Jan 2006

Jark Prongo - Moving Throu Your System on San Fran

Comment

• 88Mariner
        My dick is smaller
        • Nov 2006

Originally posted by chunky
        Jark Prongo - Moving Throu Your System on San Fran
        are you saying yo would have removed it? or that it was the best part of disk 2? (i didn't like the way it fit on that disk 2 myself. would have replaced it w/ something else)
        you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky

it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles

----PEACE-----

Comment

• chunky
          Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
          • Jan 2006

Originally posted by 88Mariner
          are you saying yo would have removed it? or that it was the best part of disk 2? (i didn't like the way it fit on that disk 2 myself. would have replaced it w/ something else)
          I would of got rid, its horrible! I would maybe got ride of the Tilt Dream track to. Great track, it just feels more like an encore than part of the mix.

Comment

• 88Mariner
            My dick is smaller
            • Nov 2006

Originally posted by chunky
            I would of got rid, its horrible! I would maybe got ride of the Tilt Dream track to. Great track, it just feels more like an encore than part of the mix.

don't remember that Tilt track (i'll have to go back and listen to it), but yeah, that original mix of Movin' is just bad. I've always thought the Slacker remix just OWNED. I wouldn't have used that either tho on that disk.

----PEACE-----

Comment

• chunky
              Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
              • Jan 2006

Originally posted by 88Mariner
              don't remember that Tilt track (i'll have to go back and listen to it), but yeah, that original mix of Movin' is just bad. I've always thought the Slacker remix just OWNED. I wouldn't have used that either tho on that disk.
              The version on the Essentail Mix in Feb 1999 was better

Comment

• DIDI
                Aussie Pest
                • Nov 2004

Hernan's EM, The last track just grated for me Applescal-Joey's mouse . I've heard some Applescal stuff that I love , but not this.
                Originally posted by TheVrk
                it IS incredible isn't it??
                STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
                Simply does not get any better than Hernan
                The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• Homegrove
                  Are you Kidding me??
                  • Jun 2004

That David K - track on Digweed's T2. Jeeeeeeesus it's horrible.
                  Forward thinking house music

Comment

• Hydrosonic
                    Gold Gabber
                    • Jul 2004

I think I would have taken the Ladytron track off Invol2ver - never a big fan
                    320 requester

Comment

• GregWhelan
                      Are you Kidding me??
                      • Jun 2004

Sander K - Work to do on Deep Dish Toronto - ruins that disc for me totally

The other remix of Janeiro on JVM's Bedrock - the same track twice in a row rarely works IMO

Smith & Selway-Move on Sasha Ibiza - never liked that track, especially in the context of the previous 7 tracks which are epic

Comment

• chunky
                        Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                        • Jan 2006

Originally posted by GregWhelan
                        Sander K - Work to do on Deep Dish Toronto - ruins that disc for me totally

The other remix of Janeiro on JVM's Bedrock - the same track twice in a row rarely works IMO

Smith & Selway-Move on Sasha Ibiza - never liked that track, especially in the context of the previous 7 tracks which are epic
                        I agree with the Toronto CD, but love Solid Sessions on JVM

Comment

• GregWhelan
                          Are you Kidding me??
                          • Jun 2004

^ Even both mixes? Think the 2nd mix is misplaced, slows the mix down.

Comment

• harry ramsden
                            Wanna play sudoko with me?
                            • Jun 2004

i would take off charlie mays remix of mandaly - deep love from digweeds MMII. Could've ended that cd with something amazing, but it just kind of limps off at that track. The only bad thing i can say about that album.

Comment

Working...