X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trick12
    Are you Kidding me??
    • Jul 2007

Share Your EDM Resume

1999 was my first exposure to dance music and it started with Oakie, then sasha and digweed tookover

2001 saw Oakie live for the first time in dallas, nothing major but it was my first time to see a DJ live in action, and he was my fav at that time

2002-2004 just going to a see random dj's. i.e (paul van dyk, armin) and was still stuck on rock/alternative during this era except for norther exp, gu san fran, oakie cuba 1999, and pvd politics of dancing

2004-2006 is when i kicked away about all my other music and found love in deep, tech, prog, dark electronic house...started listening to hernan, matthew dekay, nick warren steve lawler, 16 bit, saeed and palash, and more, also started to getting to know diggers a bit more and it was an honor.
    seen live (sharam, jz)

2006-2007 came to MS and it was great seeing all these people sharing the same taste, and through MS i found out about lots of talents that i have been missing out completely on such as desyn and jody...
    seen live (sasha, hernan, jz, steve, nick, i know im forgetting someone)

2008 sitting like a fiend waiting for some new mixes from the scientists, again i saw hernan, sasha, jz, sander kleinenberg and i went to my first massive event "Global Gathering" and it was awesome, what i cared about more than the event was seeing Sir John Digweed live for the first time, and all i can say that it was priceless, had never been a big big fan till i saw this and then i knew that the man is no hype, his intro literally kicked me in the head for standing at above and beyond's tent for too long( blame my friends, thats what they like but i had to leave them for diggers)

2009 got my cdj's and mixer. saw sashweed live for the first time. went to amsterdam for Sensation White, and 10 days after to Dance Valley..sensation was a massive event but music wasnt grant, went with a huge group of friends so it was awesome. now dance valley was nice i felt that i was in a flinstones movie the whole time coz it was outdoors in a huge forest type park and people wore very strange outfits, i thought i saw satan there for a min. again i had my trance head friends with me and we made a deal that if they went with me to hernan and nick that i will go with them to armin (not knowing that he was playing for fukin 5 hrs), but the deal had to go through coz they came with me, man i felt i was being punished.

2010 went to MIAMIIIIIII WMC, the best of them all. got to meet and hang out with great djs like sos, hernan, jody... and took my fix of Sir John for 6 hrs at vagabond. def planning for it next year again.

my biggest problem with EDM is that my friends like the crappy stuff, like they would totally ditch hernan or sasha for sebastian ingrosso. so every event we go to i have to wonder on my own sometimes to go see the good stuff or go with the group and kick myself in the butt for going with the group. still waiting to see Matthew Dekay live and then i will be content with my EDM resume.
    Life's pretty fast..blup..blup...We made it!!
  • dusk
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • Jun 2004

Re: Share Your EDM Resume

Wow, now that is an extensive resume! I've always wondered how people got into EDM, 99.9 % of my friends and family think I'm crazy cause I listen to these "banging repetitive beats" I say ... how the hell does one not effn love this music??? The other day I was listening to John Digweed's Transitions Vol 1 thru 4 and I was going crazy with that mind melting madness.. its unreal.

Unfortunately my resume is not even worth mentioning..... *crawls under a rock and hides*
    ~ You are what you think you are ~

Comment

• diegoff
      Are you Kidding me??
      • Jun 2004

I went one saturday to Pacha, many many yeras ago... resident dj?? mr.Hernan Cattaneo. That was my first experience, and I went back there again and again. In my first 5 nights there, I remember Nick Warren, Mr.C, Anthonny Pappa and Spitfire (locals). wow!!!
      And the first cds I got were Nick Warren´s GU Budapest, Danny Howells Nocturnal Frequencies III (I still love that cd, one of the best productions ever imo) and some Oakenfold Emix.
      Great times in my youth.... snif... snif...

I love the sound designing and sound production... what´s better than edm to enjoy them????
      It´s a spiritual thing!

feb 2021 https://soundcloud.com/diegoarv/pand...os-inflamables
      Sept 26th https://soundcloud.com/diegoarv/earthling-vibes
      May 1st 2020 https://soundcloud.com/diegoarv/current

Comment

• MJ
        Here since 2002
        • Jun 2004

1987-Present day - Fuct if I know, it's all a bit hazy.
        mjwebhosting you know it makes sense

Silentium est aureum

Comment

• trick12
          Are you Kidding me??
          • Jul 2007

wow 1987, who did u listen to back then?, i reckon carl cox would have been around
          Life's pretty fast..blup..blup...We made it!!

Comment

• MJ
            Here since 2002
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by trick12
            wow 1987, who did u listen to back then?, i reckon carl cox would have been around
            Jesus, that's a good question. To be honest, I have no idea, I just know I was clubbing in Morley in a small club called After dark

Silentium est aureum

Comment

• nick007
              DUDERZ get a life!!!
              • Oct 2007

Was listening to Bob Marley in 2004 taking my wife (now x) to rehab and and I went to a music store and bought the sound of renaissance vol 2 and have never listened to anything else since but edm and mostly hernans metrodance

The largest room in the world, is the room for improvement!

Comment

• Nusystem
                Getting Somewhere
                • Oct 2005

I'm 87 also... Hacienda was my stomping ground. Kook Kat in Nottingham too where Graeme Park was resident

Comment

• MJ
                  Here since 2002
                  • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Nusystem
                  I'm 87 also... Hacienda was my stomping ground. Kook Kat in Nottingham too where Graeme Park was resident
                  I'm sure at some point we will have wobbled into each other on the Hacienda dance floor listening to Park and Wainwright.

I know in the early days I spent a lot of time at Cream, Back 2 Basics, Up Ya Ronson, Miss Moneypenny's and Love 2B (which is now a Sainsbury's as far as I know ) I could not say what year I was doing what club as most of the 90's were a complete blur!

Silentium est aureum

Comment

• pumper&dumper
                    Dumped but never pumped!
                    • Oct 2008

Originally posted by MJ
                    Jesus, that's a good question. To be honest, I have no idea, I just know I was clubbing in Morley in a small club called After dark
                    Was that the Orbit by any chance and were you hanging from the first floor rafters haha

Comment

• MJ
                      Here since 2002
                      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by pumper&dumper
                      Was that the Orbit by any chance and were you hanging from the first floor rafters haha
                      Yes, the club was called After Dark but the night was called Orbit. All I know is I made quite a few shapes and pulled a fair few faces.

Silentium est aureum

Comment

• DIDI
                        Aussie Pest
                        • Nov 2004

Originally posted by dusk
                        Wow, now that is an extensive resume! I've always wondered how people got into EDM, 99.9 % of my friends and family think I'm crazy cause I listen to these "banging repetitive beats" I say ... how the hell does one not effn love this music??? The other day I was listening to John Digweed's Transitions Vol 1 thru 4 and I was going crazy with that mind melting madness.. its unreal.

Unfortunately my resume is not even worth mentioning..... *crawls under a rock and hides*
                        Don't do that ! You obviously have a total passion for this music , I for one would love to know how it started. It also amazes that friends etc don't get the incredibly complexities . I was playing something the other day, and it could have been straight off a classical music album. !

Btw Great thread!! I'm going to think about mine.
                        Originally posted by TheVrk
                        it IS incredible isn't it??
                        STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
                        Simply does not get any better than Hernan
                        The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• Funky Dredd
                          Are you Kidding me??
                          • May 2005

I started going with my brother to a club called Spectrum in '85 (I was 15) and later to Visage in Orlando. After that all the Beacham Theater flavors (AAHZ etc), Brassy's, MARZ, The Edge, The Abyss, Firestone and quite a few that I am probably forgetting because of the haze. I started listening to Kraftwerk earlier than Spectrum though so that was probably around '83 ish along with Yazoo and such. My brother was a huge influence on me as far as electronic music was concerned and of course so was MTV (back when they actually played videos).
                          Mutations presents Change The Music

Mutations (original show)

Mutations presents Change The Music airs 4th Friday of the month on SaturoSounds

Comment

• DIDI
                            Aussie Pest
                            • Nov 2004

Tangerine dream for me rather than Kraftwerk, loved Yazoo
                            Originally posted by TheVrk
                            it IS incredible isn't it??
                            STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
                            Simply does not get any better than Hernan
                            The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• Haziel
                              Likes a finger upthere
                              • Jan 2007

V
                              |
                              |
                              |
                              |