John Digweed - Transitions 332 (January 7 2011)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Homegrove
    Are you Kidding me??
    • Jun 2004

Transitions
    John Digweed - Transitions 332 (January 7 2011)

John Digweed:

01. Chaim - Don't Shout [Bpitch Control | BPC226]
    02. HiRO, Dominic Martin - Sterility [Tronicsole | TSOLE084]
    03. Alland Byallo - Discovaries [Poker Flat Recordings | PFR115BP]
    04. John Selway - Interplanetary Express [Tronic | TR62]
    05. Denis A - Beholder (Spooky Remix) [DAR | DAR018]
    06. Booka Shade - Regenerate (Pan-Pot Remix) [Get Physical Music | BOOKA005]
    07. Marc Romboy - 616 Seconds (Christian Smith Remix) [Herzblut Recordings | HERZBLUT 020]
    08. Max Cooper - Ripple (Marc Marzenit Remix) [Traum Schallplatten | Traum V131.5]
    09. Cid Inc. - Spacegulls (Henry Saiz Sirens Call Remix) [Afterglow Deep | AGRDEEP017]

Metropolis DJs:

01 - Caribou - Leave House (Motor City Drum Ensemble Remix) [Slang]
    02 - Sasse & James Flavour - The Left Swing (Lopazz & Zarook Remix) [Mood Music]
    03 - Roberto Rodriguez Feat. Max C - Ride With Me (Burnt Island Casuals Remix) [Compost]
    04 - Steve Bug - A Shot In The Dark (Original Mix) [Poker Flat]
    05 - Alex Martinez - Costa Blanca [Tretmuele]
    06 - Montero - Chingo (Original Mix) [Montero Grooves]
    07 - Dino Barretta - Flawless [Tkc Music]
    08 - Marc Romboy Vs Blake Baxter - Muzik (Kink Remix) [Systematic]
    09 - Radio Slave - I Don't Need A Cure For This (Kenny Larkin Remix) [Rekids]

Cheers for SimonR for detailed tracklisting.
    Forward thinking house music
  • simonr
    Transitionator
    • Jun 2004

Re: John Digweed - Transitions 332 (January 7 2011)

No prob H !

Here's a bit more info on the music :

Chaim - Don't Shout : Release Notes :

In “Don't Shout” we hear Chaim's adamant call to the party animals in all of us. The deep bass tones of this euphoric, exuberant number infiltrate our every limb. Crisp garage grooves are interspersed with oriental percussive rhythms; male voices communicate with the electronic tongues of angels.

HiRO, Dominic Martin - Sterility : Release Notes :

HiRO and Dominic Martin re unite for some proper deep shennanigens

Dominic Martin and HiRO team up again for the A side here, Sterility is supa deep, moody houser and dangerous if you are ensconsed on the dancefloor. The flip side, Tribal Tool, garners a Butch vibe for some effective party mixing shennanigens resulting in slow motion shape throwing.

Alland Byallo – Discovaries : Release Notes :

Hailing from the free swinging hills of San Francisco, established DJ and producer Alland Byallo has created his own unique sound out of a love for deep, soulful house named Discovaries combined with more edgy techno moments. From his own successful Nightlight label he has released a quality catalogue including his debut artist album last year. Of course it was only a matter of time until his talents were noticed by Poker Flat boss Steve Bug, and the results are this briliant 3 tracker, which also marks Alland’s arrival in his new home of Berlin. Welcome to town Mr Byallo !

John Selway - Interplanetary Express : Release Notes :

Christian Smith’s Tronic label draws it’s 2010 singles release schedule to a close with a special EP from Christian’s longtime studio collaborator, John Selway. The release features two brand new Selway productions – Interplanetary Express and Nightside – that showcase Selway in full on tech house sleaze mode. Also included here is the previously unreleased Smith & Selway Dub of Countenance; a warm and fuzzy ride through shimmering melodies and spacious beats that closes out this heavy weight end of year package in fine style.

Denis A - Remixes EP VOL.3 : Release Notes :

As 2010 draws to a close, the time has come to unveil a very special release from Denis A and his Moscow-based DAR label. This is the third instalment in a series of remix releases for the label, and this time features legendary progressive house pioneers SPOOKY, who show they remain one of the most exciting acts around, with their reworking of Denis A’s ‘Beholder’ track, taken from the current Das Auge EP (DAR017).

Booka Shade - Regenerate : Release Notes

‘Regenerate’ the eagerly awaited third single to be taken from the album ‘More!’.

Release remix package – includes mixes by: pan-pot, popof, kris menace, lazersonic & zak frost, luke mandala and pysh. Limited edition vinyl will also be released.

Marc Romboy - 616 Seconds : Release Notes

Herzblut is the musical platform of techno überproducer Stephan Bodzin. Its artistic focus is on contemporary techno music refusing any barriers.

Having shared centre stage with Stephan Bodzin on last months huge Sytsetatic anthem 'Triton' Marc Romboy repays his long time friend by returning to Herzblut for a debut solo release and his first appearance since the legendary 'Puck' and 'Ariel' singles. '616 Seconds' highlights Marc's dancefloor knowledge, and once again sees him harnessing the strength and power of contrasting sounds. The cascading and sweeping synths sit pretty alongside the uderlying, grated growl of the main bassheavy synth, pierced only by its open hats and snare hits. Another decedent, main room composition from the man from Mönchengladbach.

On the remix, Herzblut are proud to welcome the ever on form Tronic boss, Christian Smith. Fresh from his recent work for Detone, Bedrock and 1605, the San Paulo resident reworks '616 Seconds' into a moodier trip. Twisting the originals flirtatious synth melodies and caging the beastly bass. Smith brings the hats to the fore to create a wonderful revision of the package. As if the release was not big enough, Marc also gives us the digital only, intergalactic tech-cut 'Stratosphere'.

Max Cooper - Expression Remixes EP : Release Notes :

Here come the digital remixes of Max Coopers EP 'Expressions' released on the 1st of November.

Ryan Davis is probably known to a lot of people already and we hope his fame will spread a bit further through his nice rework of “Enveloped”. Ryan has with his remix once again confirmed his reputation of creating a perfect flow of melodies: Things seem to evolve in real time, his music does not come across as constructed and keep a a nice lush quality.

Marc Marzenit has chosen Max a-side track “Ripple” and opens his remix keeping close to the original lead sounds, then diving into a bit of a sonic sounding synth that creates an organic feeling. To say it with the English, we'd say a bit of an “Krautrock” feeling emerges here, which later on is juxtaposed by a more classic stream like synth sound that refers to Max original. But please judge for yourself.

UK Dubstep artist Echaskech has chosen “Chaotiosch Serie” from Max´s last record for his remix. Echaskech creates a bit of a stream of consciousness, switching back and forth between melodic and grinding basslines including silent parts that bring down the dynamic before slowly building it up again.

Last but not least „Expressions Remixes“ holds an „Ambient Rework“ by Max himself.

Cid Inc. - Spacegulls EP : Release Notes :

The long awaited Spacegulls has finally been released with a magnificent remix by Henry Saiz.
    sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• thezzapper
      Gold Gabber
      • Jun 2004

Thanks for continuing to provide mercury server with the weekly transitions show.
      sigpic

Comment

• feather
        Shanghai ooompa loompa
        • Jul 2004

Thanks HG, Simon!

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
        a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
        Originally posted by m1sT3rL
        Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• feather
          Shanghai ooompa loompa
          • Jul 2004

Great mix from Digweed.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
          a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
          Originally posted by m1sT3rL
          Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• tribalcho
            Gold Gabber
            • May 2008

Metropolis DJs: (DJ Steven & Jassen Petrov)

01 - Caribou - Leave House (Motor City Drum Ensemble Remix) [Slang] - Jassen Petrov
            02 - Sasse & James Flavour - The Left Swing (Lopazz & Zarook Remix) [Mood Music] - DJ Steven
            03 - Roberto Rodriguez & Max C - Ride With Me (Burnt Island Casuals Remix) - ​Jassen Petrov
            04 - Steve Bug - A Shot In The Dark (Original Mix) [Poker Flat] - DJ Steven
            05 - Alex Martinez - Costa Blanca [Tretmuele] - Jassen Petrov
            06 - Montero - Chingo (Original Mix) [Montero Grooves] - DJ Steven
            07 - Dino Barretta - Flawless [Tkc Music] - Jassen Petrov
            08 - Marc Romboy Vs Blake Baxter - Muzik (Kink Remix) [Systematic] - DJ Steven
            09 - Radio Slave - I Don't Need A Cure For This (Kenny Larkin Remix) [Rekids] - DJ Steven

http://www.mixcloud.com/SoundFactory69/dj-steven-jassen-petrov-transitions-guest-mix-07012011/
            Last edited by tribalcho; September 5, 2013, 09:29:41 AM.
            GOING TO THE BEAT OF A DIFFERENT DRUMMER

Todor Kalev - Bringing Back The Old School (Feb 201 by Todor Kalev | Mixcloud

Antarez on hearthis.at

Antarez - DJ Sets And Mixes | listen to music and sounds on hearthis.at

Comment

• ace_dl
              Platinum Poster
              • Jun 2004

Thanks a lot HomeGrove for posting them links mate!
              And ... SimonR cheers for your continuing effort brother with the write ups
              Speakman Sound - Hold the Line

Comment

• simonr
                Transitionator
                • Jun 2004

Cheers Dimitrios - Laptop is broke ... new one on order - so write ups + a few more treats should be forthcoming from the end of Jan onwards
                sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• ace_dl
                  Platinum Poster
                  • Jun 2004

Originally posted by simonr
                  Cheers Dimitrios - Laptop is broke ... new one on order - so write ups + a few more treats should be forthcoming from the end of Jan onwards
                  Looking forward mate! Greatly appreciated
                  ... Diggerz set is OMG!
                  Speakman Sound - Hold the Line

Comment

• Virgil
                    Gold Gabber
                    • Sep 2010

Alland Byallo – Discovaries

Fantastic tune !!

Thainks "simonr" for info !
                    Last edited by Virgil; January 11, 2011, 10:29:55 AM.
                    BLACKsmith - We Are Living In A Dark Age
                    https://soundcloud.com/sasa_blacksmith/we-are-living-in-a-dark-age
                    ​.
                    ~ the darkest hour is just before the dawn ~

Comment

• sakio pod
                      SALAD TOSSER
                      • Jun 2004

freaking DOPENESSssss

keep on rocking it

Comment

• danielRR
                        Getting Somewhere
                        • May 2008

Thanks Homegrove !
                        http://soundcloud.com/lexajune

Comment

• threehills
                          I heart Lollergirl
                          • Jun 2005

Thanks for all your work with this!
                          It's never too late to become the person you always thought you would be.

Comment

Working...