X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jeffrey collins
    Not cool enough
    • Jun 2004

I'm working on a documentary

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen of Mercuryserver.

I know it's been a long time since I began a new thread, but i've been working on something that I thought a number of you might be interested in. Most of you that know me, know how much I love painting, and know that I am a painter. Well i've been getting in touch with a number of very well known painters, writers, curators and critics, and have put together a proposal for a documentary film that I am trying to do. I made a proposal video for it and put the whole thing up on Kickstarter.com which is a cloudsourcing site that is a bit like your local PBS station when they do their fundraising (those of you in America should know just what i'm talking about). I could really use all the donations I can get to help make this project a reality and into a first rate documentary film.

Please visit the site below to take a look at the project and if you can help, that's very wonderful and I truly appreciate it. If not, maybe you might know someone who would be interested.

Untitled-2.jpg

I do thank all my MS friends who have been such a help to me and really do hope to make this dream of mine a reality.

Cheers to you all
    Jeffrey
    Jeffrey Collins: Painter
    My Painting Blog

http://soundcloud.com/jeffreycollins
    My Soundcloud page.
  • pumper&dumper
    Dumped but never pumped!
    • Oct 2008

Re: I'm working on a documentary

Looks about as interesting as watching paint dry

Comment

• jeffrey collins
      Not cool enough
      • Jun 2004

didn't your mother ever tell you, if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all.

I don't have time for negative thoughts. I'm trying to do something positive.
      My Painting Blog

My Soundcloud page.

Comment

• pumper&dumper
        Dumped but never pumped!
        • Oct 2008

Try posting on some Art forum then, sorry but modern artist annoy the shit out of me. Getting commissioned to make subjective art. Its fucking madness. Like that painting in your video that is mainly a solid colour of paint. People who buy this shit have run out of things to spend their money on

Comment

• jeffrey collins
          Not cool enough
          • Jun 2004

I post here because I have many friends. Try taking your rants and keeping them to yourself. The world will be a much better place.
          My Painting Blog

My Soundcloud page.

Comment

• mnbvcxz
            Platinum Poster
            • Feb 2006

Would love to see this documentary. However, what happens to donations if 30k is not reached?

Comment

• mnbvcxz
              Platinum Poster
              • Feb 2006

Originally posted by pumper&dumper
              Try posting on some Art forum then, sorry but modern artist annoy the shit out of me. Getting commissioned to make subjective art. Its fucking madness. Like that painting in your video that is mainly a solid colour of paint. People who buy this shit have run out of things to spend their money on
              You're a fool.

Comment

• jeffrey collins
                Not cool enough
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by nikoa
                Would love to see this documentary. However, what happens to donations if 30k is not reached?
                If the donations aren't reached, anyone who donated will NOT see their credit card/debit card charged. If the project does get funded, only in the days after the finish will your card be charged. They do not charge immediately. Kinda like when you buy a book that has yet to be released.

Thanks Nikoa. Cheers to you.
                My Painting Blog

My Soundcloud page.

Comment

• DIDI
                  Aussie Pest
                  • Nov 2004

Originally posted by nikoa
                  You're a fool.
                  No he is not , it's called an opinion . i don't share it but he is allowed to have it.
                  Originally posted by TheVrk
                  it IS incredible isn't it??
                  STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
                  Simply does not get any better than Hernan
                  The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• mnbvcxz
                    Platinum Poster
                    • Feb 2006

Originally posted by DIDI
                    No he is not , it's called an opinion . i don't share it but he is allowed to have it.
                    Come on DIDI... read the post again. Someone who makes such nonconstructive comments is a fool.

Opinions and being an asshole are entirely different things.

Comment

• floridaorange
                      I'm merely a humble butler
                      • Dec 2005

Originally posted by DIDI
                      Didi please. Pumper doesn't need you to be his white knight first of all. Second of all, it was insensitive, period. If you don't like modern art, don't post in this thread, simple as that.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but not if they are going to be an asshole about it.

Mods feel free to chime in any time.

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• Kat
                        A pretty fn good milkshake
                        • Mar 2006

Originally posted by pumper&dumper
                        watching paint dry
                        oh that can be great for meditating

all the best with your project jeffrey!! keep us posted
                        ♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪• אין סוף •♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•

Music is essential for the expression of non material ideals and energies. Music colors our surroundings with emanations from the highest vibrational fields. It allows us to escape all limitations in our thinking and very existence.

Comment

• Kat
                          A pretty fn good milkshake
                          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by floridaorange
                          Didi please.
                          i'm seeing this a lot lately, could be your new title
                          ♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪• אין סוף •♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•

Music is essential for the expression of non material ideals and energies. Music colors our surroundings with emanations from the highest vibrational fields. It allows us to escape all limitations in our thinking and very existence.

Comment

• pumper&dumper
                            Dumped but never pumped!
                            • Oct 2008

I'm sorry but why should anyone want to make a donation to something you want to do that doesn't benefit anyone but you. Its not a business venture where there is a return on an investment and it certainly isn't a worthy charity. If i'm giving money away its going to be to people who need it most not for someones own personal gain. I want a new laptop to 'create' some music, are you going to help me pay for it. I didn't think so. I just think Artist like this hide behind a lazy ethos of expecting people to commission work because its 'Art' If you want to do something like this use your skills, create something, sell it and pay for it yourself. Get a job in a bar and break a sweat. In these times do you not think people have got something better to spend their hard earned money on than some self obsessed artist. I'm sorry but this blatant form of begging for personal gain, smoke screened behind Art pisses me off.

Comment

• DIDI
                              Aussie Pest
                              • Nov 2004

^^^^ While it's not the way I would put it, I do think we need art in our lives. A lot of this is resonating, particularly the first sentence.

@ Kat I wouldn't mind that at all

Strangely enough I don't think personal insults have a place in adult conversation. That is what I was objecting to. I'm not being anyones white knight. I think you miss understand again John. You really must start reading all of a post. It was a short post as well. Just to be clear, I say again , I don't share his a opinion. Btw I didn't realise we had rules about who could post in what thread ??
                              Originally posted by TheVrk
                              it IS incredible isn't it??
                              STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
                              Simply does not get any better than Hernan
                              The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

Working...