• Show
Clear All
  • DIDI
    Aussie Pest
    • Nov 2004

Darkbeat pres Charlie May, Marcos Paz, Kazu Kimura

DARKBEAT PRES CHARLIE MAY, MARCOS PAZ, KAZU KIMURA

WHAT Progressive/Techno

WHEN February 18‚ 2011ACTSKazu Kimura + MORE TBATICKETSDarkbeat pres Charlie May, Marcos Paz, Kazu Kimura

One of the most brilliant producers in electronic music history returns to Darkbeat. We are proud to present Charlie May (Spooky, UK)

There are few more inspired artists working in electronic music today than Charlie May. As the architect behind many of the stylistic blueprint shifts in dance since the early heady days of acid house, May knows a thing or two about what makes a dance floor tick.

One half of revered progressive house pioneers Spooky; the engineer and producer of many of Sasha’s biggest singles and albums; highly respected solo producer in his own right, May has remained at the vivacious beating heart of house since the early ’90s, taking the pulse of the clubbing populace and ensuring it remains in rude health.

From his first steps into the world of dance music as a starry-eyed, inspired raver attending London’s legendary Brain club nights in Soho, to his current position as the go-to guy for breathtaking, sonically adventurous technoid future dance, this producer and DJ has consistently blazed a trail of innovation which has underpinned many of the most important developments in electronic music.

It was in 1992 that Charlie May and production partner Duncan Forbes made their maiden voyage as Spooky. After meeting and becoming firm friends, galvanized by their love of the exploding electronic dance scene and classic Krautrock alike, they cut their first record for progressive imprint Guerilla Records, ‘Don’t Panic’. It was to prove highly influential in the nascent, futuristic new movement in dance music - progressive house - that took the highly addictive, propulsive rhythms of acid, and married them to the aquatic depths of Detroit techno and amniotic washes of ambient music, to create a fresh new hybrid.

MARCOS PAZ (PACHA, ARGENTINA)

Marcos has been mixing since he was 15 years old. The 24th of may he'll turn 21, justifying his 6 years of expirience behind the turntables. He has worked as resident at the most prestigious clubs in the dance scene, such as CLUB PACHA, mixing for 3.000 people, EL DIVINO, CAIX, etc. He has also traveled many times to Baricloche, every winter, working as resident at SKI RANCH. In the year 2003, Marcos was invited to participate in the most important festival of INTERNATIONAL ELECTRONICAL MUSIC that has taken place in Bs. As., CREAMFIELDS. Where he played at the VIP TENT, with other fellow argentinan dj's , sucha as ZUCKER and the worldwide known HERNAN CATTANEO, and with international dj's such as SANDER KLEINENBERG.

After a killer performance at Trust Us - we are very proud to welcome Kazu Kimura back to Darkbeat.

KAZU KIMURA (JAPAN)

Kazu started his DJ career back in 1987 playing at clubs in Tokyo and Nagano Japan. His passion for the music convinced him to become a professional DJ at the early age of 19 which was no easy task at this time Japanese society. Teaming up with DJ Baby Tokyo at the early age of 20 they went on to launch some of the earliest dance parties in Tokyo setting up Voice Production in 89' The concept was a multimedia mix control (DJ event/visuals/fashion) company and it was a big movement for the Club culture of Tokyo at the time. Kazu first toured the USA back in 1990 playing club Medusa in Chicago and the legendary Trax in Washington DC.

After returned from the States he started production of his own where he was featured on early Japanese Dj compilations such as Tokyo Explosion ', Vol 1 andl2 of Crown Records Japan in early 90' He Moved to Australia in 94' and he was received with open arms wowing local crowds and was immediately enlisted for shows across the country - from Perth to Sydney, Hobart to Melbourne, where he was widely acclaimed as the most popular techno DJ. All this while still travelling between Australia and Japan where he would play at the famous super club "Liquid Room" Tokyo. One of Holland's best underground Techno / House Labels " Touch " approached him to release his own material and has to date released 'Sound Media' 4 Tracks EP through Touche's sub label Jam 95'.

Mushroom Distribution service Australia approached him to mix the first ever DJ Excursions series CD vol 3, a first for Australia. Over the past 6 years he has played in Germany, Holland, Czech Republic, Bosnia, Croatia, Slovenia, and Spain for European Countries. he also played in USA, and Japan of course, Singapore, Hongkong in asia. To express himself more freely Kimura has once again returned to the studio already releasing for the acclaimed CL-Recordings(Frankfurt) imprint and with Mutual Solid Cuts(Barcelona) and WetMusik(Melbourne) in progress, He done some remix work for Blackcodes Experience Japanese Remixes, DP-6/City Lights(Elephanthaus) Kazu owns his style, mixing style is simple but effective and hypnotic from using 3 decks mixing with hardgroove sound to industrial funk, and sometimes playing his favorite detroit techno classics. He has new plan for this year to start his own new label Conspira Records for his own new materials.. ..

+ MORE INTERNATIONAL ACTS TBA

Support:

Kasey Taylor, Gavin Keitel, Dave Pham, Phil K,Rollin Connection,Matt Radovich,Sam McEwin,Muska, Harley Augustine, Caine Sinclair & Ace, Phil Moore, Alam, Damir Troy Marc vs Studious, Dish, Lucca
    Tavish

Been neglecting this thread for ages. I am incredibly excited about this event. Charlie May was just amazing last year !! And an Argentinean Dj as well. And I have been told he plays music I will love!! And just look at the local support.
    Originally posted by TheVrk
    it IS incredible isn't it??
    STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
    Simply does not get any better than Hernan
    The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies
  • Illuminate
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • Aug 2009

Re: Darkbeat pres Charlie May, Marcos Paz, Kazu Kimura

*Licking my Lips*

Curses on Sydney being so far away from Melbourne!!

Yes I agree charlie May is out of this world.

The One contains the Many, and the Many contains the One:
    Sbando
    - You Will Be Missed.

"Mankind has the propensity to fuck itself up on anything it lays its hands on."
    Feather

"Who moderates this forum and makes these decisions? Stevie Wonder?"
    Bob
    "i'd give her a muscle she doesn't have "
    the banned1

"I love you Illuminate... that's divine/creator/God in me loving the origin of you."
    KiwiTollway

Comment

• DIDI
      Aussie Pest
      • Nov 2004

The Argentinean guy didn't make it unfortunately. But Charlie was absolutely amazing. !! Again.!!!
      Originally posted by TheVrk
      it IS incredible isn't it??
      STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
      Simply does not get any better than Hernan
      The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• Illuminate
        DUDERZ get a life!!!
        • Aug 2009

Glad you had a good night.

The One contains the Many, and the Many contains the One:
        Sbando
        - You Will Be Missed.

"Mankind has the propensity to fuck itself up on anything it lays its hands on."
        Feather

"Who moderates this forum and makes these decisions? Stevie Wonder?"
        Bob
        "i'd give her a muscle she doesn't have "
        the banned1

"I love you Illuminate... that's divine/creator/God in me loving the origin of you."
        KiwiTollway

Comment

Working...