Clear All
  • DIDI
    Aussie Pest
    • Nov 2004

Danny Howells Dig Deeper.

DANNY HOWELLS (DIG DEEPER)
    Fri April 8

Danny Howells - Playing the entire night 10 PM - 7 AM

I think the gods of the dance have been smiling. This is 2 days after my birthday, great birthday present !! There is only one Dj who could make me happier with a long set. I'll have to wait a little longer for him
    Originally posted by TheVrk
    it IS incredible isn't it??
    STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
    Simply does not get any better than Hernan
    The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies
  • mnbvcxz
    Platinum Poster
    • Feb 2006

Re: Danny Howells Dig Deeper.

Wow. where?

Comment

• DIDI
      Aussie Pest
      • Nov 2004

Where else but Brown Alley.!! It's a Darkbeat event . I actually copied that from their site, you would think they would have mentioned that !
      STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..

Comment

• dodsy87
        Addiction started
        • Jun 2006

I shall be there

Comment

• DIDI
          Aussie Pest
          • Nov 2004

Comment

• DIDI
            Aussie Pest
            • Nov 2004

Are we there yet

They are actually merging the other party and opening up the whole of BA , Basically I'm going for Danny anyway so it really doesn't make any difference to me

Comment

• dodsy87
              Addiction started
              • Jun 2006

I agree, I doubt I will sleep tomorrow night. Im taking a few mates that have never seen him as well. This is gonna change their life. Cant wait!!

Comment

• FTorres
                Fresh Peossy
                • Apr 2010

Tomorrow! We're getting 7 hours+ from the master!

Comment

• DIDI
                  Aussie Pest
                  • Nov 2004

^^^ And welcome !!

Comment

• DIDI
                    Aussie Pest
                    • Nov 2004

They have him in the upstairs room Soooooo disappointed !! It's not a bad room , in fact I've had some amazing times in it. But it isn't suited to Danny , it's nowhere near as intimate. Danny is going to expect to be in the room he has really fond memories of, and it ain't gonna happen

Comment

• dodsy87
                      Addiction started
                      • Jun 2006

SHIT!!!!!! That is a spew, still gonna be amazing though

Comment

• dodsy87
                        Addiction started
                        • Jun 2006

The music will do the talking

Comment

• dodsy87
                          Addiction started
                          • Jun 2006

I honestly think that tickets have not sold well, thats the problem

Comment

• DIDI
                            Aussie Pest
                            • Nov 2004

Actually there was a decent size crowd there for Danny. Although the uncertainty about the room could have kept them down a little. I didn't see anyone who wanted it in the top room It was a magnificent opportunity totally wasted , and I thought quite disrespectful of Danny.

This was my review,

My impressions of Danny were really good, I think with a proper long set Dj , you have to be there, you can't chop it up into pieces. You need the ebb and flow. Although I do understand why people drifted in and out last night.. With the exception a a couple of toilet breaks I was on the floor for his show pretty well start to finish. I thought he was just brilliant. I thought he was better than the One Night Only but, and I can't believe I am saying this , the ambience and the bonding, were better at Blue Diamond.

People are always having a go at me about the fact that I come out in favour of Darkbeat/Brown Alley and I always say if they did anything wrong I would say so. Well, I'm about to back that up.

I had a good time last night, Danny played brilliantly , but this was an event that had the potential to be one of the best of all time. And you blew it guys . That room was just wrong, wrong wrong. !!! The hallmark of a Danny Howell's Dig Deeper night is intimacy. You not only put him in the wrong room on a stage, you surrounded him with spikey plants ! Which of course gave some fuckwits something to wave around later in the night. Then we had that lighting. It is atrocious, and it's not just me, look at people's reaction when they are literally caught in the spotlight. Not remotely conducive to intimacy. There was none of the camaraderie of that wonderful cup day party, and while the crowd was a tad strange, I don't blame them. The conditions just weren't right. !!

I realise that with a commercial premises there are going to be problems on rooms from time to time. But please don't fall into the LOY way of treating us like mushrooms.

I have got to say though the Brown alley staff were just wonderful !! I turned up on time as usual , and of course I was the first one there I have to get into my head that on time is usually early . They looked after me brilliantly and they always do. So thanks!!

I can't tell you how sorry I am to write this, I am just such a Brown Alley, and Darkbeat in particular, fan . Together they have given me some of the best nights of my life , but last night wasn't one of them and could have been

So To Danny thanks for the amazing music !!! .

Comment

• dodsy87
                              Addiction started
                              • Jun 2006

I agree, could have been soooooooooo much better. Not enough hype for this party I felt. Had a completely different feel to the cup day party.
                              That upstairs room is junk!!!! Danny is a DJ that likes to feel he is part of the crowd not just the Dj and I felt because of this the music did not move me the way it usually does. The only party i can remember i had a good time up stairs was listening to Sam. L Sessions. I'd like to hear what Danny thought of the party? To me he played a lot more techy than he usually plays? Maybe it was the room? Props to a legend of his craft, and for always educating a young DJ like myself, you are still my hero!!

Comment

Working...