Satoshi Tomiie (SAW) [JPN]
    Anthony Pappa (Bedrock,1605,Balance) [AUS]
    Audiojack (Get Physical, Diynamic) [UK]
    Andrew Grant (Circo Loco, USA)
    Marcos Paz (Pacha, Argentina)
    Jon Cowan (Pacha, USA)

SATURDAY APRIL 23 @ BROWN ALLEY

17 HOUR DAY/NIGHT PARTY – 2PM SATURDAY TO 7AM SUNDAY

So that time of the year has come around again where we put our birthday party hats on and try and spoil ourselves and our loyal crew and punters. As many have already experienced with our previous birthday’s, it’s usually a no-holds-barred affair and this year is no exception. This time we are showcasing artists who have been an integral part of the international Darkbeat family over the past 8 years and providing them with extended journey sets to give them the license to cover all bases of their sound.

This will be run throughout multiple rooms over a massive 17 hours, running from 2 PM to 7 AM with a larger focus on the DAY PARTY side of things. As always we will be taking care of every detail within the Brown Alley complex. From sound to production, we have not let you down yet, and as it’s our 8th birthday, we will be stepping it up big time.
    Drink Specials will be running all day and a FREE GOURMET BBQ to get you in the mood

Desyn Masiello

Desyn bought his first set of turntables in 1990 and spent most of his spare time in dusty second hand London record basements gradually amassing a wide and varied range of early house, balearic and techno. His compulsive record buying and finding nature remains the same today.

His professional DJ career all began in 1999 with one mix CD that he took a considerable amount of time and love preparing, he sent it out to one hundred random people that requested the CD from a post on various Internet message boards. After a few months the CD had been passed all around the world and ended up on the laps of various promoters and DJs. Desyn, although completely unknown at the time began to get international gig requests. From his first international gigs in 2001 to his chaotic schedule today, it all sparked off from that one mix CD.

CDs released:

2002 - Yoshitoshi’s “In house we trust 3” (Desyn Masiello & Luke Fair)
    2004 - Bedrock OS1 -Desyn Masiello
    2005 - Balance 008 - Desyn Masiello (awarded no.1 album of 2005 by the UK dance magazine M8 / tilllate.com)
    2008 - Balance 013 - SOS
    2010 - Ministry of Sound - The Club - SOS

Desyn Runs Alternative Route, Sexonwax (with Omid 16b) and Soulglow (with Rowan Blades). His productions with The Idiots 'Feel The Rush' and 'Keep it Real' (Sexonwax) were featured on Danny Howells' 24/7 Compilation and his first remix (Solar Plexus) on Deep Dish's Global Underground (025).

Desyn has appeared in the DJ mag top 100 poll for 3 years consecutive years (2005, 2006, 2007)

Satoshi Tomiie

The last few years have been all about DJing for Satoshi. This Japanese New Yorker has been virtually everywhere you can think of in recent years, in March 05 Tomiie was also voted Americas ..15 favorite DJ in the world by the premier Electronic magazine BPM. He only spins in his home city (Tokyo) every six months or so; the rest of the time he's traveling, using the Big Apple as a second home which also serves as a handy midpoint between Asia, South America and Europe - where a lot of his gigs are.

In 2006, Satoshi was chosen to mix the first album of Renaissance's new series 3D. The 3 CD series will include the following discs: Club, Home, and Studio. This is a step above any ordinary compilation as it will offer a 3-dimensional view into Satoshi's musical life spread across the three discs. The 'Club' disc will be a straight-up reflection of the sets he is currently playing in clubs. Disc 2 'Studio' disc will feature a selection of his original productions and remixes. Disc 3 will be 'Home', a selection of tracks; mixed or unmixed that Satoshi listens to in his downtime and tracks that has influenced him over the years.

Following up with the releasing of successful 'Masters' series on Renaissance and releasing of his own singles 'Glow' in 2007 as well as 'Solar Wind' in 2008 on SAW.RECORDINGS, Satoshi is now preparing another album planned to be released late 2008 for Renaissance. The collaboration with Audiofly, Opus Ink's 2nd single is also in the pipeline.

Although Satoshi is quiet and unassuming; he gets on with the job of playing and producing quality underground dance music.

Anthony Pappa

Described as “The DJs, DJ” Anthony Pappa truly is a master of his craft and one of the most respected and revered DJs on the international circuit. The combination of his genuine love for his art, his down to earth, lovable personality and his constant desire to push the musical boundaries at performances all around the world has made Anthony one of the most sought after DJs on the planet.

The second album in the Moments Series was released in June 2009 to similar success, and although global album sales are generally in decline, it seems that Anthony's fans still want to buy his music and go to see him play as much as ever.2010 improved even further on previous years for Anthony by an even busier touring schedule including just over 100 performances in total at various clubs and festivals over the globe. 2010 was also the year Anthony was selected to mix the cover mount CD for DJ Mag’s coveted Top 100 DJ’s edition. The mix has received high praise from all the big hitters and industry professionals alike. Alongside DJing, Production was key to Anthony’s success last year with high profile releases including his massive collaboration with King Unique called “Vamoosh” which was on John Digweed’s Bedrock imprint.

2011 is definitely going to be a year of change for Anthony with his move to We Are One Agency. His gig diary is full for the first quarter of the year, including an extended tour of his homeland, Australia. In March, he will host his own night at the Shelbourne for WMC. On top of this, Anthony plans to release the 3rd installment of the “Moments” series in the middle of the year.

Audiojack

Ranging from the deeper realms of house through to driving peak time techno, Audiojack have shown a notable ability to consistently produce credible underground music which works on the dance floor and appeals to a wide range of international DJs and music fans alike.

Their original productions and remixes have been signed to many of the worlds most highly respected and established independent labels including 20:20 Vision, Get Physical, Diynamic, Great Stuff, Renaissance, Cr2 and their own rapidly expanding Gruuv imprint.

Their debut album Radio was released on 2020 Vision in 2009 to critical acclaim: Clash magazine wrote "Anyone with appreciation for house or techno in any of their varied forms will dig this – Impressive”. IDJ Magazine commented "Audiojack represent all that’s great about 2020 Vision, house music and the UK dance floors right now."

To date Audiojack have undertaken over 400 DJ performances in more than 40 countries, spanning 5 continents, taking in some of the world’s best venues: Space in Ibiza, Ageha in Tokyo, Avalon in Los Angeles, Sankey’s in Manchester, Goa in Madrid, Zouk in Singapore, Smart Bar in Chicago to name but a few. Festival appearances have included performances at the massive Fuji Rock Festival in Japan and the Chemical Music Festival in Rio de Janeiro.

Audiojack are currently working on their LIVE show, which is expected to launch in early 2011 and will allow them to showcase highlights of their blossoming back catalogue along with their newest productions in a stunning interchangeable live format. Stay tuned…

Andrew Grant

Being part of the Circoloco family and resident DJ of DC10 Ibiza for the past 8 years, Andrew Grant has experienced many things. The time spent touring the world’s best clubs and playing alongside the world’s best DJ’s has helped him to gain a reputation for being one of the most solid and consistent performing DJ’s in the world of electronic music.

Hailing from the Washington DC area in USA, Andrew’s DJ history dates back to 1988 when he was spinning hip-hop at house parties and school dances. But, his musical tastes soon turned to electronic after his first trip to NYC’s Twilo in the mid 90’s where shortly after, he found himself playing a broad scale of music. Andrew’s first visit to Europe was in 2000 playing in Dublin on New Years and then in Paris. He stayed in Europe and in 2001, purchased a one-way ticket from Sheffield, England (where he threw parties 10 weeks previous) to Ibiza. He travelled to Ibiza for a deeper look into the scene with a passion to play top venues. Upon being discovered, he was invited to play Thursday morning after-hours at DC10. After just two sets he was invited to play a main 3-5 hour slot on Monday’s after Cirillo, his mentor. So at just 25 years old, Andrew Grant was adopted by DC10, one of the most recognised and well respected parties in the world.

Alongside touring the world with Circoloco and his DC10 Ibiza residency, Andrew has actively pursued his production career since 2001 with releases on labels such as Plastic City, Unfoundsound, Siteholder Records, Isgud Records, Minisketch and future releases forthcoming on Barraca Music with remixes of Ricardo Villalobos and Los Updates in the pipeline. As head of the Barraca Music record label, Andrew is responsible for all musical output from the label and is a figurehead in the labels current success.

Marcos Paz

Marcos Paz has gained his space in the argentinian dance scene, transforming himself as the numer 1 resident at the main floor at PACHA CLUBLAND. Marcos has been in charge of recieveing great international DJ'S, such as the spanish WALLY LOPEZ, the brazilian GABO, the bristish MIKE PARSONS, NILS HESS and the young resident form PACHA @ IBIZA, SARAH MAIN. Marcos is responsable of entretaining the dancefloor, becoming the DJ GUEST every saturday night at PACHA.

Marcos defenitley hes has PACHA as his godfather, his future is promising, with great intentions of going abroad, stablishing projects with SOUTH & CENTRAL AMERICA. Marcos is now developing his producing side next to his fellow co-worker and producer CAN COSTA aka Ricky Ryan (MUSIC is Freedom UK, MINING VINYL USA) Marcos Paz is a name to have in mind for the future of the dance scene worldwide.

Jon Cowan

on Cowan started DJ'ing as a resident DJ at NERVE in South Beach. During his time with Nerve, Cowan was also in charge of all music coordination and worked on the entertainment arm of the Shelborne Beach Resort. Shine is the brainchild of Cowan and Miami Host Gerry Kelly. The complex consists today with Poolside special events, weekly parties in The Lounge, and club SHINE which is open monthly parties and for special events. The Shelborne is a Deco Landmark Building that was built by Jon’s Grandfather, Samuel Friedland, in 1939 and launched December 28th 1940. By 1947 the hotel and its infamous diving board graced the cover of Life Magazine. The history of entertainment at the Shelborne spans back to the 50’s and 60’s and early 70’s when people like Dionne Warwick, Jackie Mason, Sammy Davis Junior, Liza Minnelli and many others were regular visitors to the Hotel and its club.

On the personal side, WMC2010 proved Jon’s artistic ability as well as his top eye for overall production on the week as a whole at Shine & the Shelborne. Performing with Luciano, Reboot, Hernan Cattaneo, Loco Dice, Dave Seaman, Nick Warren and Sasha, Jon has secured his annual residency playing going from just opening and closing parties for Pure Pacha at Pacha Ibiza, the ultimate nightclub, to an eight show residency this summer including dates with Sasha, Mandy, Gui Boratto, Luciano, Fedde LeGrande, SOS and Sander Kleinenberg all at Pacha this summer. . Jon’s relationship with Pacha has also gone one step further as Jon is now the only American on the prestigious Pacha Ibiza agency roster. Upcoming Dates include The Hard Rock, Pacha New York, Dance Valley 2010, several Pacha Ibiza summer performances, Pacha Buenos Aires, Green Valley Brazil, Circoloco@dc10, Ushaia Ibiza Beach Club, Aruba, an Australian tour and the Dominican Republic to name a few.

Support Lineup - Darkbeat Residents and VERY special guests, TBA

TICKETS:

As its our birthday, we are offering all our loyal friends, fans, & crew some crazy / out of this world deals throughout 5 rounds of tickets (first in best dressed) to make this one very special affair.

Earlybird tickets have now already completely sold out..

Second Round Tickets, are going to be at the crazy low price of $27.50 + BF. (these tickets are strictly limited and will sell out before you no it)

Please click here -> http://www.moshtix.com.au/event.aspx?id=44528

Each Round of tickets will be increasing $10 each round.

This will be a strictly capped ticket event – THIS GIG WILL NOT BE OVERSOLD – we promise this!

We are all about the party on this one – we are going all out to make sure the party is like one from the good old days.

(Done the right way)

Their birthday parties are always very special events . I love these guys I bought one of those early bird tickets. $10 for that lineup !! And more to come !! They are amazing.

Bwe this will be the first time I have seen Desyn on his own Should be interesting Hope we recognise him, he looks very different in AchtungBaby!' s pics.
    Originally posted by TheVrk
    it IS incredible isn't it??
    STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
    Simply does not get any better than Hernan
    The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies
  • Illuminate
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • Aug 2009

Re: Darkbeat 8th Birthday

Ohhh...
    Melbourne trip here we come.
    Definatley want to see Satoshi again (mind is blowing moments).

Should be a great night.

The One contains the Many, and the Many contains the One:
    Sbando
    - You Will Be Missed.

"Mankind has the propensity to fuck itself up on anything it lays its hands on."
    Feather

"Who moderates this forum and makes these decisions? Stevie Wonder?"
    Bob
    "i'd give her a muscle she doesn't have "
    the banned1

"I love you Illuminate... that's divine/creator/God in me loving the origin of you."
    KiwiTollway

Comment

• chunky
      Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
      • Jan 2006

17 HOUR DAY/NIGHT PARTY – 2PM SATURDAY TO 7AM SUNDAY
      I quite like events like this, especially if they have somewhere outside to hang out in during the day. I like to get there nice and early and enjoy a few drinks, chatting with people and listening to the music, before the night where everything gets cranked up a notch
      Originally posted by res0nat0r
      OK Lets All Stroke Ron Pauls Cock On 3!

Comment

• DIDI
        Aussie Pest
        • Nov 2004

You would love this one ! They have a roof top garden bar, although the garden doesn't actually have any plants that I have noticed. They usually have seating in the street outside the club as well. Inside the main rooms it is really nice too, lovely leadlight windows. The Darkbeat crowds are the best in Melbourne !!!
        STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..

Comment

• dodsy87
          Addiction started
          • Jun 2006

I'm not a huge fan of Pappa. He just isnt my type of DJ, he is technically amazing and ive heard he is a ripper bloke but he does nothing for me, but hey, thats just me. Does anyone else feel the same or am I missing something? Since when has Desyn started touring by himself again? God I miss the days of when desyn was jet setting around 2004-05 playing that amazing house music with his own vibe. Great stuff.

Comment

• Illuminate
            DUDERZ get a life!!!
            • Aug 2009

So...How was it?

Sbando
            - You Will Be Missed.

"Mankind has the propensity to fuck itself up on anything it lays its hands on."
            Feather

Bob
            the banned1

"I love you Illuminate... that's divine/creator/God in me loving the origin of you."
            KiwiTollway

Comment

• DIDI
              Aussie Pest
              • Nov 2004

Well ! There were amazing dramas leading up to it. A week before Darkbeat severed ties with Brown Alley. Which I understand completely , it's been pretty obvious that Darkbeat events were last on the list of consideration for Brown Alley. Opening up the Danny Howells night was probably the last straw.

Anyway within the week the guys organised another , but smaller, venue and scaled down the party to Andrew Grant, Ryan Crossen , Satoshi and Desyn. The guys did an amazing job of pulling it together and kept us informed as they did.!! So kudos to them But I didn't like the venue very much, I thought the sound was bad!! Really bass heavy, to such an extent that I could hardly recognise some tracks. Didn't suit Satoshi's sound at all. Desyn was playing base heavy mashups so it probably worked better for him, kept me dancing all night , but I just don't get any soul from Desyn's music. So not a bad night and a lot enjoyed it , but I left feeling pretty unsatisfied .

Btw I was actually there early so heard both Andrew Grant and Ryan Crossen and would definitely go see either of them again, they were both good !! Just a shame there are never enough people early to dance.

Comment

• Illuminate
                DUDERZ get a life!!!
                • Aug 2009

Haha! You got to break the ice Di... That's why I love showing up mid-set, few players on the dancefloor; well give it a go.
                Pity about the whole drama of Brown Alley/Darkbeat. As long as the Dj's keep rolling in it's all good.

Yes Satoshi would have been amazing. I fell in love with his sound and progression. I remember standing in the middle of the floor and just looking him right in the eye and thinking at this very moment not a place in earth where I'd rather be. Something about his dynamics that just make you go, my dear lord.

Did you catch some of Marcos Paz? I've heard some really good things about him.

Sbando
                - You Will Be Missed.

Feather

Bob
                the banned1

KiwiTollway

Comment

• DIDI
                  Aussie Pest
                  • Nov 2004

I do that all the time , sick of doing it, it's someone else's turn And nobody ever thanks me

No, Marcos was one of the victims from the trimmed down show. I would have loved to see him. As you may have noticed, I love argentinean Djs

It's a bit of a shame about the breakup. they have had a good thing going for years. With the right promoters doing shows there Brown Alley is an incredible club. But the two best have left, Sunny and Darkbeat, so I can see Brown Alley going downhill fast. I'll definitely be following the Darkbeat guys, they bring the Djs and music I like!!

Comment

• Illuminate
                    DUDERZ get a life!!!
                    • Aug 2009

Yeah fingers crossed. I don't know how big Darkbeat is here in Sydney but they definitely have the big nights.
                    Sydney is a weird place, mind you, i'm seriously sick of going out on shit nights.

I think if I ever see you I'm just going to wear a shirt saying:
                    Kiss me I'm an Argentinian DJ.

Sbando
                    - You Will Be Missed.

Feather

Bob
                    the banned1

KiwiTollway

Comment

• DIDI
                      Aussie Pest
                      • Nov 2004

They are definitely a Melbourne crew.

I don't go around kissing anyone especially Djs And as I am an older clubber you might appreciate that I don't

Comment

• Illuminate
                        DUDERZ get a life!!!
                        • Aug 2009

Hahaha.

I appreciate your courtesy. But love does blossom on the dancefloor, for about an hour, then you move on to another club.

Sbando
                        - You Will Be Missed.

Feather

Bob
                        the banned1

KiwiTollway

Comment

• DIDI
                          Aussie Pest
                          • Nov 2004

Just love of the music for me But that is a very powerful love which sometimes sees the most unlikely people bonding over amazing music !!

Comment

• Illuminate
                            DUDERZ get a life!!!
                            • Aug 2009

Well put.
                            See us kids these days only go for the love of opposite sexes. Yes there are some of us that enjoy the music, but we get bored very easily.
                            Gen Y thing...

Sbando
                            - You Will Be Missed.

Feather

Bob
                            the banned1

KiwiTollway

Comment

• DIDI
                              Aussie Pest
                              • Nov 2004

I've noticed actually

Comment

Working...