X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bobjuice
    Banned
    • May 2008

Re: Danny Howells @ Fact Limited Edition Macarena Club Barcelona 16-03-2011

Here is the last 1.47.27 for anyone else who thought this took 3 hrs to get into it's stride

Comment

• rewing3
      I really don't care
      • Jun 2004

Thanks will check it out.
      Common Sense is not Common at all.

Comment

• trick12
        Are you Kidding me??
        • Jul 2007

Originally posted by bobjuice
        Here is the last 1.47.27 for anyone else who thought this took 3 hrs to get into it's stride
        hahahah playa..

i think the stream was too low and im getting ready to see him in a dig deeper show so ill pass, but not gonna lie its not that easy to let go a 4 hr danny mix when you know its there, plus blame awido for it, its not like MS secretly sent someone and recorded it or its an album, the file is out and if it was that big of a deal they wud have taken it out soooo
        Life's pretty fast..blup..blup...We made it!!

Comment

• DIDI
          Aussie Pest
          • Nov 2004

^^I can understand that about letting a set go even if I don't have any problems letting a set go. I know there will be a better one in better quality that is artist approved, I prefer to have the best of what the they do. Life is too short to waste time on crap. At least your reaction is honest, not this bullshit justification that goes on. It was the attitudes here that make me ill !! And still do.

I am trying hard to organise getting Danny's set here recorded. This is really going to help!!!! We risk getting these good sets because greedy bastards make money off putting up crappy radio rips on dodgy upload sites .

Chunky , Danny 's opinion was put up earlier in the thread. So we do know how he felt. I think you will find that it is a pretty standard contract that the clubs sign to that say the sets are not to be recorded . What happened with Darkbeat set. It was recorded with Danny's permission and then given to him for his approval . Which is why it took so long to get out , he needed a gentle prod. In that case he chose to allow recording.

Just in case people skimmed over that last bit , as people tend to do when someone is saying something they don't want to hear DANNY GAVE HIS PERMISSION FOR THE DARKBEAT SET TO BE RECORDED. The Darkbeat guys are absolutely fanatical about looking after the interests of their DJs. They do not record without permission.

Don't give us this bullshit about getting permission from every artist. It's just a pathethic justification. What artist would say no to Danny anyway. ??? How do you feel about the artists who have their unreleased work stolen off these unauthorised sets.??? I know some Djs do ask the artists if it is OK to put something out. But when these things happen there is no choice !!

Good one bobjuice
          Originally posted by TheVrk
          it IS incredible isn't it??
          STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
          Simply does not get any better than Hernan
          The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• gsturm
            Addiction started
            • Jun 2004

i think tbh we all love the same thing here -- danny and the other (mostly) amazing dj's whose sets get posted here and the music they play. danny in particular is an exemplary guy in addition to being an incredible dj. what i am wondering about -- as a factual matter -- is this:

"greedy bastards make money off putting up crappy radio rips on dodgy upload sites"

how do people who do this make any significant amount of money -- or money at all? not planning on getting into the business of it myself -- just curious. if it was cost justified (as a behavioral economist would put it), i would expect to see a lot more of this. even with sets that have skips and glitches as much as this one (through obv. no fault of danny's)

that said, if it were properly recorded by danny himself, this would be a hell of a set to listen to. the midtempo /uptempo house he plays in the last three hours or so is pretty f$cking great. he has a record box to rival craig richards -- i don't hear much or anything here that was on his sets of three or four months ago.

i dunno about all the business issues with unreleased tracks and the like and how that affects dj's like danny. if unauth recordings take money from his pockets, obv. not supportive of that. just welcome any and all fair play recorded sets from him because he's a complete legend and a class act to the nth degree in all respects and listening to his music makes running in the early morning easier for my fat ass to do. TMI. just my .02

Comment

• DIDI
              Aussie Pest
              • Nov 2004

Hmm I must take up running He is all that

I only recently found out about the paying thing when I was wondering why we had all these crap links, I googled it to find out more and there is stacks of info on it , but I didn't really need to know how, or how much they get , so can't help with that.
              STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..

Comment

• akrobat
                Gold Gabber
                • Feb 2006

Originally posted by chunky

You could also say the same about Danny giving away his Darkbeat set. I'm sure he didn't approach each and every artist on that set and ask if they minded him giving away their work.

Comment

• DIDI
                  Aussie Pest
                  • Nov 2004

Answered , but of course you didn't read everything

Comment

• chunky
                    Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                    • Jan 2006

Originally posted by DIDI
                    Chunky , Danny 's opinion was put up earlier in the thread.
                    No the only thing we know is that it was removed from his Facebook
                    Originally posted by res0nat0r
                    OK Lets All Stroke Ron Pauls Cock On 3!

Comment

• DIDI
                      Aussie Pest
                      • Nov 2004

Nah that one doesn't work What do you think it was referring to.??? Talk about splitting hairs . I get to use the word disingenuous again.

Actually he is talking about putting it back on his twitter.

Comment

• chunky
                        Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                        • Jan 2006

Actually he is talking about putting it back on his twitter.
                        Once hes confirmed its OK with the 50 or so artists featured on the mix of course. Do you recon the approached all the artists for that Freeze mix they sold off.

Comment

• DIDI
                          Aussie Pest
                          • Nov 2004

Not the set , his moan So he doesn't have to confirm with anyone does he

Comment

• chunky
                            Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                            • Jan 2006

Nah that one doesn't work What do you think it was referring to.??? Talk about splitting hairs . I get to use the word disingenuous again.
                            If you have more info I would like to hear it.

Comment

• chunky
                              Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                              • Jan 2006

Do you recon the approached all the artists for that Freeze mix they sold off.

Comment

• DIDI
                                Aussie Pest
                                • Nov 2004

Probably no to the more info, but maybe you haven't read the whole thread ??

\Whether he approached anyone is totally irrelevant to the subject of this thread about an unauthorised recording

Comment

Working...