• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shpira
    Angry Boy Child
    • Oct 2006

Re: A big change is on its way...[vb4 upgrade]

Originally posted by Steve Graham
    I also don't really see the point on having the recent polls on the front page.. hardly any one votes on them, and they're typically irellevant to the over all content of this community.. those along with the mercuryserver news posts on the front, someone who has never been here hits the site for the first time and sees polls about vaccines and obama and a couple of posts that we've upgraded and hernan gets a new comp.. just doesnt seem to give a good first impression
    loled my ass off...so true!
    The Idiots ARE Winning.

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."
    Mark Twain

SOBRIETY MIX

Comment

• DIDI
      Aussie Pest
      • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Kamal
      How is it any different from people posting a thousand posts with just "Thanks" in the P&R forum?
      Well, they are at least making an effort to post rather than just click a button. Although P&R is the only place thank you look ok. because people are getting something to say thank you for. It's natural progression, whereas how often to people actually say thank you for a post?? They say they agree/disagree. I just don't think we need it is probably what I am saying.

I probably shouldn't have been quite so forthright in my original post but I'm just a tad nervous at the moment and will remain so until Hernan is actually on a plane bound for Australia. So I'm being dramatic
      Originally posted by TheVrk
      it IS incredible isn't it??
      STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
      Simply does not get any better than Hernan
      The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• DIDI
        Aussie Pest
        • Nov 2004

I still think there should be a direct link to MCast somewhere on the front page or the forum home page, unless i'm missing something I don't see any

I also don't really see the point on having the recent polls on the front page.. hardly any one votes on them, and they're typically irellevant to the over all content of this community.. those along with the mercuryserver news posts on the front, someone who has never been here hits the site for the first time and sees polls about vaccines and obama and a couple of posts that we've upgraded and hernan gets a new comp.. just doesnt seem to give a good first impression
        OY!! The Hernan bit might get them to stay. But I would say that

Agree with the polls though. I don't remember the last time I had any inclination to actually vote on one. And they are a bit misleading as to content here.
        Originally posted by TheVrk
        it IS incredible isn't it??
        STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
        Simply does not get any better than Hernan
        The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• Kat
          A pretty fn good milkshake
          • Mar 2006

^^we can make a poll about the thank you function
          ♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪• אין סוף •♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•

Music is essential for the expression of non material ideals and energies. Music colors our surroundings with emanations from the highest vibrational fields. It allows us to escape all limitations in our thinking and very existence.

Comment

• Garrick
            DUDERZ get a life!!!
            • Jun 2004

everything on here is loading a lot faster now... it took a long time initially to try and load up the forums for one reason or another. it feels like it is gliding now and starting to really enjoy the new look with everything moving a lot faster. i've said it before and i'll say it again. we're a progressive community and all our mods/leaders certainly keep this place progressing. thank you guys.

i like everyone's suggestions too. only helps make this place better!
            Should I fuck you at that not until the ass, inject then tremendously hard bumschen and to the termination in the eyes yes?

Comment

• Kamal
              Administrator
              • May 2002

What about leaving the underline out and change the color of links to a slightly darker color?

Originally posted by picklemonkey
              I turned this link underlining on. I hate that it applies across the board, rather than just for links in posts... if I can figure out how to turn it on only for post content, I'll do my best to disable it on the forum elsewhere.

I also made the font on the forum display page one size smaller since the underline helps differentiate
              www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
              he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
              Originally posted by ace_dl
              Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
              I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• picklemonkey
                Double hoodie beer monster
                • Jun 2004

I just changed all those orange icons on the post/reply boxes. I wasn't feeling it.. I feel like this looks 100 times better now

Comment

• chunky
                  Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                  • Jan 2006

Originally posted by DIDI
                  I hate the thank you function !! It looks gratuitous and unbalanced . To be honest you have to have a thumbs down as well. Although I would prefer that people post what they feel without either. I was glad when you got rid of the rep system. To replace it with this just doesn't work for me.
                  I'm not taking part of it. They have an interesting way of of using it in the politics forum LOL. I don't think it really serves much purpose in any forum other than the promos forum.
                  Originally posted by res0nat0r
                  OK Lets All Stroke Ron Pauls Cock On 3!

Comment

• TomTom
                    Paging Doctor Weeds...we have a shortage on 1st St.
                    • May 2002

I also don't really see the point on having the recent polls on the front page.. hardly any one votes on them, and they're typically irellevant to the over all content of this community.. those along with the mercuryserver news posts on the front, someone who has never been here hits the site for the first time and sees polls about vaccines and obama
                    I was worried about the rudeness level of some of the polls we have here too so it's good they are gone from the main page.

Di: I am not too keen about the Thank you Mod either...you can't see a summary and inside a thread it's too much of "IN YOUR FACE" for me. I fear to bring a thumbs up/down system on here because I know the thumbs down will be the replacement for bad rep and the discussions about it will also come back. So for me it's either a better Thank you mod or none at all.

Comment

• demonAfro
                      Are you Kidding me??
                      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by TomTom
                      it's too much of "IN YOUR FACE" for me
                      This.

Perhaps a discreet list below the thanks button within the post would be better than the giant separate box with a grand introduction that's there now? (just saying...)

Also: thumbs down to a thumbs down option No need for negativity

Comment

• picklemonkey
                        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by TomTom
                        Di: I am not too keen about the Thank you Mod either...you can't see a summary and inside a thread it's too much of "IN YOUR FACE" for me. I fear to bring a thumbs up/down system on here because I know the thumbs down will be the replacement for bad rep and the discussions about it will also come back. So for me it's either a better Thank you mod or none at all.
                        Well, that does it. I had hoped it didn't come to this but it looks like I need to lock Kamal out of the Admin panel so I can pull it back off.

Comment

• Kamal
                          Administrator
                          • May 2002

lmfao
                          www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
                          he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
                          I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• picklemonkey
                            • Jun 2004

Comment

• Jenks
                              I'm kind of a big deal.
                              • Jun 2004

awesome. i love the thank you mod!

Comment

• Kamal
                                Administrator
                                • May 2002

adam wtf did you add
                                www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:

Comment

Working...