Message to Promotors, DJ's & Managers epecting a govenment handout to tide you over

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • simonr
    Transitionator
    • Jun 2004

Re: Message to Promotors, DJ's & Managers epecting a govenment handout to tide you ov

Originally posted by thebanned1
    And you don't think that they're trying to help the other people in the scene, so far all I've seen from Sasha was him posting a petition link.
    Want to get back to their big pay days as quickly as possible - lets see if Sasha accepts reduced fees and asks for local talent to be on the bill and paid more to help them.
    sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• simonr
      Transitionator
      • Jun 2004

Re: Message to Promotors, DJ's & Managers epecting a govenment handout to tide you ov

Also... the two who are arguing against are probably the most two privileged people on the board itself.
      Privileged in what way ? Unless you are arguing white privilege, which I accept.

I come from a working class family, my late father worked in a factory and did overtime non-stop to help support his family, and my mother worked part time in the supermarket. As a kid I worked paper rounds and saturday jobs, on leaving school I was pushed to apply for jobs until I got one - so no free ride for me.

I have worked non stop, never skived off sick, and paid all my taxes and NI. I live a normal life. I have retrained in my job many times, and when this one goes i'll aim to retrain and get another job .. possibly one of the jobs that Hannah Wants sees as beneath herself.

I get that there are people worse off than me, so I am lucky in that way. There are also many people better off than me too.
      sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• thebanned1
        DUDERZ get a life!!!
        • May 2009

Originally posted by simonr
        A trained chef I know who was self employed has needed to seek alternative employment. My boss has just lost his job after 35 years of loyalty .. my job could be gone this year or next.After which I will have to retrain and find something else.

This is timely re my point on privilege which you think doesn't exist .. why the fuck are these guys getting money ?

If someone plays cello in the Royal Philharmonic then they can seek to earn money other ways e.g. tuition. One of my favourite jazz guitarists is giving zoom lessons now.

Are the friends with mortgages to pay and children to feed in the arts or DJs ? Surely they could get a job seekers allowance or are you saying they should receive their wage from the government indefinitely without seeking to find other work ? If they lost their arts job they would need to find a day job anyway.
        See this is my point exactly, why were these people excluded in the furlough scheme ? They have paid their taxes the same as everyone else.

All this shouting is just about being given the exact same as everyone else, moaning about everyone moaning is solving nothing.as only a select few in the arts are privileged as you should know. The trouble with your idea about tuition is that there are already a good handful of people already doing it, it's everywhere, whole sites dedicated to artists tuition.

Claiming JSA isn't as straight forward as it seems now, you don't just walk into the job centre and put a claim in and when you do get a claim it certainly isn't going to pay the bills especially if you're in a situation where you have a mortgage to pay and kids to feed at a time when most businesses are closed due to corona. This is exactly why people are angry at the government.
        How to Check the True Bitrate of Your Audio Files - Make Tech Easier

Comment

• thebanned1
          DUDERZ get a life!!!
          • May 2009

Originally posted by simonr
          Privileged in what way ? Unless you are arguing white privilege, which I accept.
          You work in a sector that was bailed by the government (IIRC), have friends in high places, fly around everywhere to go to gigs. you're lucky to have had those experiences, a lot of people would kill to have had half/quarter of those experiences, not that I fault you for that, I would've done it myself.

I come from a working class family, my late father worked in a factory and did overtime non-stop to help support his family, and my mother worked part time in the supermarket. As a kid I worked paper rounds and saturday jobs, on leaving school I was pushed to apply for jobs until I got one - so no free ride for me.
          who said anything about a free ride ?

I have worked non stop, never skived off sick, and paid all my taxes and NI. I live a normal life. I have retrained in my job many times, and when this one goes i'll aim to retrain and get another job .. possibly one of the jobs that Hannah Wants sees as beneath herself.

I get that there are people worse off than me, so I am lucky in that way. There are also many people better off than me too.
          see this is what I don't get, you two keep going on about how jobs for these people are "beneath then", in the last 7 months we've been in lockdown etc, most people I know who have actual jobs are working from home, no employer is currently taking any new staff on so, we've yet to see what will happen to these DJs so I think calling them out at this particular time is a bit uncalled for.
          How to Check the True Bitrate of Your Audio Files - Make Tech Easier

Comment

• ♫♫♫♫♫♫
            Are you Kidding me??
            • Nov 2013

See this is my point exactly, why were these people excluded in the furlough scheme ? They have paid their taxes the same as everyone else.

All this shouting is just about being given the exact same as everyone else, moaning about everyone moaning is solving nothing.as only a select few in the arts are privileged as you should know. The trouble with your idea about tuition is that there are already a good handful of people already doing it, it's everywhere, whole sites dedicated to artists tuition.

Claiming JSA isn't as straight forward as it seems now, you don't just walk into the job centre and put a claim in and when you do get a claim it certainly isn't going to pay the bills especially if you're in a situation where you have a mortgage to pay and kids to feed at a time when most businesses are closed due to corona. This is exactly why people are angry at the government.
            No one has been excluded from the furlough scheme, it is ending, so they are getting the same as everyone else. A guy sweeping (like the one in the video) is not doing it because he has an attachment to a lifestyle, he is trying to make money to survive. He will find a job doing something else, it's the DJ's, Promoters and agents making most of the noise and they can do what everyone else has to and find new employment.

No one has the right to a particular job. Just because there are already music tutors, that does not mean that the music tutors have an entitlement to that job. If someone better comes along, they are out of a job, there is no entitlement for them and they have to find new employment.

Comment

• ♫♫♫♫♫♫
              Are you Kidding me??
              • Nov 2013

Fucking scamming cunts, Sundissential haven't done jack shit for years. Now they are getting a government grant of 223 grand

Sundissential
              is with Pete Shipley

tS3aphonsriored ·

Sundissential is delighted and extremely grateful to announce, we have been awarded a grant from the Culture Recovery Fund (CRF) to help face the challenges of the Coronavirus pandemic. Thanks to the government's #CultureRecoveryFund we can continue to be here for you and #HereForCulture.

The grant will support us to plan and deliver our 2021 25th Anniversary Event Programme, ensuring (if necessary) we implement the relevant measures to ensure your safety at next year's events whilst considering the current Covid-19 alert level. Although, it extremely unlikely we will hold any events this year we plan to make 2021 an 25th Anniversary year to remember.

Sundissential, is an iconic International brand which has a firm place in UK and International dance music history, hosting events across the globe. As the brand enters its 25th year, we welcome the fact ACE and DCMS have recognised cultural importance of the Sundissential brand and it’s firm place in International dance music history.

We are incredibly grateful to The Department of Culture, Media and Sport, Arts Council England and HM Treasury for this support; it provides a lifeline which will allow us to keep the music playing, and the people to enjoy events at the world famous Sundissential atmosphere for many years to come.

The Future is Bright... The Future is Sundissential.

#redandyellowarmy
              #sundissentiallovesitsmembers
              #worldsmostoutrageousclub

Comment

• GarryX
                DUDERZ get a life!!!
                • Apr 2006

Originally posted by ♫♫♫♫♫♫
                Fucking scamming cunts, Sundissential haven't done jack shit for years. Now they are getting a government grant of 223 grand
                surely they would have to prove they are a current business to get funding like that?

not heard of them for years as you say

Comment

• ♫♫♫♫♫♫
                  Are you Kidding me??
                  • Nov 2013

Originally posted by GarryX
                  surely they would have to prove they are a current business to get funding like that?

not heard of them for years as you say
                  They have done less than 10 nights in the last ten year, and they weren't big events either.

Comment

• GregWhelan
                    Are you Kidding me??
                    • Jun 2004

I usually try to avoid criticising governments, but when they make decisions like this it is baffling. I thought Sundissential went a long time ago.

Do they pay these monies back? If their 25th anniversary event makes a profit next year surely they’d have to pay something back?

Comment

• ♫♫♫♫♫♫
                      Are you Kidding me??
                      • Nov 2013

Originally posted by GregWhelan
                      I usually try to avoid criticising governments, but when they make decisions like this it is baffling. I thought Sundissential went a long time ago.

Do they pay these monies back? If their 25th anniversary event makes a profit next year surely they’d have to pay something back?
                      No they will never have to pay it back.

Comment

• ♫♫♫♫♫♫
                        Are you Kidding me??
                        • Nov 2013

Turns out that the two people running Sundissential took the £223,000 and fucked off. You can't make this up.

#SupportTheArts.

image.jpg

Comment

• floridaorange
                          I'm merely a humble butler
                          • Dec 2005

What is Sundessential?

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• ♫♫♫♫♫♫
                            Are you Kidding me??
                            • Nov 2013

Nice to hear Bushwacka! is working as a bereavement counsellor and doesn't feel that he is owed a living just because he travelled the world spinning records in the past. Total Respect.

Comment

Working...