X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • m1sT3rL
    Getting Somewhere
    • Mar 2006

James Zabiela at Governor's Island, NYC

Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

Zabiela was spectacular. He dropped Radiohead - Everything's in it's Right Place, Depeche Mode - Personal Jesus (Boys Noize Remix), Daft Punk - Dereezed and the SICKEST drum n bass track at the end.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.
  • simonr
    Transitionator
    • Jun 2004

Re: James Zabiela at Governor's Island, NYC

Originally posted by m1sT3rL
    The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

Great quote !!! Hope the vids live up to it :P
    sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• feather
      Shanghai ooompa loompa
      • Jul 2004

That should go on a signature

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
      a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
      Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• adeelmir72
        Addiction started
        • Oct 2010

JZ def has the ability to tear down a place, great melodies, fat bass and thompin beats for sureee, Radiohead's "Everything" gets me everytime..
        triscuits

Comment

• demonAfro
          Are you Kidding me??
          • Jun 2004

the SICKEST drum n bass track at the end.
          <3

Comment

• m1sT3rL
            Getting Somewhere
            • Mar 2006

Hehehe, glad u all liked my star wars reference. I think I will make it a signature. :-)
            My videos from the night are here on my You Tube channel. I apoligize for the sound quality. it was a cell camera. http://www.youtube.com/user/m1sT3rL
            Enjoy!!

Comment

• m1sT3rL
              Getting Somewhere
              • Mar 2006

I found out the drum and bass track was Funk D'Void - Diabla (Metrik Remix) Totally bonkers!

Comment

• feather
                Shanghai ooompa loompa
                • Jul 2004

I remember the Heavenly mix of Diabla, absolutely wicked track. Don't know if I've heard the Metrik remix.

a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands

Comment

• feather
                  Shanghai ooompa loompa
                  • Jul 2004

Hmmm ...

Comment

• adeelmir72
                    Addiction started
                    • Oct 2010

nice track for sureee,

all my vids from JZ's nights sound like this, the bass is always kickin hard
                    triscuits

Comment

• KissMyArsenal
                      Fresh Peossy
                      • Jul 2011

agree with you 110 percent! i was up front the entire set, bass and speakers were fcking me up like madd!! and i was completely sober. when i heard thom yorke i just lost it.... god and that korg nano and... and IPAD!!? lol only jimmy z!-the man, always, with a master plan! whatd you think of fatboy slim afterwards?

"im in manhattan bitch!"

Comment

• dusk
                        DUDERZ get a life!!!
                        • Jun 2004

Awesomeness... thanks for the vids mate.

JZ = genius
                        ~ You are what you think you are ~

Comment

Working...