X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DancingQueen
    AVB FanClub | President
    • Oct 2005

Re: It's your friends that make your world

Wow....reading everything you wrote Kamal was like a wave crashing into me....I knew all of these struggles and turmoils in his life as he reached out to me on numerous occasions and we talked for hours and hours....however reading it all over again is different....my heart aches for him and I am at least glad he is at peace....he is no longer suffering through the turmoils of his life

Kamal I know from talking to him all the time he thought so highly of you and loved you as a brother too....if you need to talk I am here for you as you have always been for me.

Steve we love you and miss you and may you finally rest in peace xoxox
    sigpic
    RIP Steve "Jibs" James - Your footprint is forever on my soul and in my heart xoxo
    RIP Jeff Shewchuk aka DJ Jeff Taylor (day_for_night) - You will live on in my heart forever xoxo

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Comment

• mw-1
      Addiction started
      • Jun 2004

it's sad to hear about this. I never met him but always looked forward to the one day we probably would. I always appreciated the great support he had for someone like me. Sucks to hear about something like this happening to a fellow MS'er

Homepage:

www.wahimusic.com

Myspace:

www.myspace.com/wahimusic

Comment

• ddr
        DUDERZ get a life!!!
        • Jun 2004

damn, it is still a bit hard for me. didnt get to sleep til about 3:30 last night

thanks for your story Kamal.. i knew about bits and pieces but your story really makes everything whole.

Thanks man.
        "pics or stfu" - R.I.P. Steve "Jibgolly" James

Comment

• pr0ficient
          Are you Kidding me??
          • Apr 2006

wow, very sad news

i never knew him personally but it sure seems like he had a significant impact on all those who did.

My condolences for his family and all that knew him

Comment

• Dj Lunchtray
            Getting Somewhere
            • Mar 2008

I cry...
            Steve,
            I've known you since high school when we used to pound out beats in drum line. You've always been there in touch with me over the years, and for that I can't thank you enough. You were one of the only people in my life to consistently be there for me. I will always be glad for the friendship we had. You will be missed Jibs... love you man.
            "(*_*)"
            Remember, pain is just weakness leaving the body, keep dancing.

Comment

• chuckc
              DUDERZ get a life!!!
              • Jun 2004

.....This is shocking really and hard to believe.

I first met him via internet way back in late 2002 on soulseek and he always hooked me up with music. I was mostly into his sets as he played some spectacular deep prog sets back then,

I didnt meet him in person until one of his THM gigs at the bank in St. Pete with steve grahm (2005 maybe??) We hit it off really well...even though I had just met him in person it was like i had known him for years and we were the closest of friends.

The last time we hung out was for sasha and digweed at space in 2006. that ended up being the last time we went out together.... he was sort of irritated with me bcuz I wasn’t able to keep up and was itching to leave at around 11am (we got there at 10pm)…....he sent me this PM.

"FAO chuckC... dont ever ask me to go anywhere with you again until you learn how to party like a man.
              no hard feelings chuckles. you're just not the same kind of "partier" i am. the fact that we almost got in a car accident after leaving space didnt help my frame of mind. i needed to go away. thx for helping me out with a room. hope you had fun cos i know i did. space was amazing."

i will miss him.. he was a fun person to kick it with even though i coudlnt keep up.

Comment

• hashhead
                Gold Gabber
                • Jun 2004

terrible terrible news

i soooo use to look forward to a wedensday afternoon for his mercuryrising radio show.......it was even almost the highlight of my week

im so glad i use to tell him this as much as i could, and im so terribly sorry for all his close friends

Comment

• day_for_night
                  Are you Kidding me??
                  • Jun 2004

i have found strange comfort in this song...

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kCKob1YKOU[/YOUTUBE]

Comment

• raver_mania
                    Watch out....I'm trying to sense here
                    • Aug 2004

Wow, Kamal, that was a very moving post! I knew some of what he was going through but not the full extent of his pain. I cannot even imagine the depth of pain he suffered that made him think that the course of action he chose was the only solution, but I sincerely hope he has found peace, and is in a better place.

R.I.P Steve.

Comment

• chuckc
                      DUDERZ get a life!!!
                      • Jun 2004

this place will never be the same. he was the heart and soul of ms.

Comment

• Dj Lunchtray
                        Getting Somewhere
                        • Mar 2008

Originally posted by fsukimg
                        I know most of you don't know me, but I was at that Digweed set in Miami with him and Mike and Corey. Steve actually went to high school with me, and he was/is an amazing person. I'm really sad to hear that this happened, and I know he's in a better place. xoxo. Still feeling a bit bad for not going up to Pensacola when I should have, or hanging out with him in town when he was nearby. He always made me laugh, even when I was upset or stressed. I'll always appreciate that. And he always talked about how he had such great friends on this site. So sorry for everyone's loss
                        Thanks for posting Kim, I'm glad you got on here to share yer love, and I know Steve was as glad as I was that you were there with us this year in Miami.
                        Here's a million hugs and kisses that I can't give in person right now:
                        xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
                        Remember, pain is just weakness leaving the body, keep dancing.

Comment

• Homegrove
                          Are you Kidding me??
                          • Jun 2004

For fuck's sake....

Forward thinking house music

Comment

• MJ
                            Here since 2002
                            • Jun 2004

Grieving like this is extremely hard. The whole family thing we got going here is no substitute for the real thing in times like this, I want to be able to hold someone, talk to someone sat in front of me about Steve. Instead, I get up from my computer and see people who have no idea what I'm going through, people who even if I told them wouldn't be interested. Not a bad thing really, after all, in their eyes, we're just internet buddies.

This is the turmoil that someone leaves behind when they die, I just wish Steve could have seen it before he decided enough was enough.

The cut is deep Steve, it's going to take some time to heal.
                            mjwebhosting you know it makes sense

Silentium est aureum

Comment

• hulkhuss
                              Are you Kidding me??
                              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by w0e & cri5is
                              i'm so torn and in sorrow right now... but i cant imagine the pain you guys are going through...

i'm a new face here, and tho i have never met him in person... he had made me feel more than welcome when i fucked up. in the little that i knew him, i understood him as a truly great and unique individual... one who's loving understanding, humor, inclusiveness and mix-sets, warmed and radiated far and beyond barriers, as well as penetrated and connected past our personalities and touched the soul. they say death is like the shedding of a hair or like the changing of clothes -- just a steady diggers transition. so have a nice biker run and journey Steve. im sure we will all cross paths in future lives. cheers foreva brotha.

best of wishes and regards to all family and friends.

edit: i just got back from my narcotics anonymous meeting this afternoon, and i pretty much cried when i shared... you can guess some of the things i shared about. i have this urge that i have to come on here and express to everyone here this, cos, there is little if anyone i can talk to about this kind of stuff in my life. friends and family are pretty much indifferent to experiences such as these... but im sure some of us here understand the subtle lonliness of depression, addiction, and such... help us.

i'm grateful for u Jib, thank you and respect.

RIP Steve
                              It sucks to hear the bad news about Steve, I enjoyed interacting with him on here over the years.
                              I think he created the Diggers@ La Dune set thread? This is a classic...

Well WOE, I hope things work out for you, at least you have the MS family for support.
                              http://www.mixcloud.com/RMasie/

http://soundcloud.com/r-masie

https://www.facebook.com/R-Masie-117851198318029/

Comment

• chuckc
                                DUDERZ get a life!!!
                                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by hulkhuss
                                I think he created the Diggers@ La Dune set thread? This is a classic...

that was skahoud brotha

Comment

Working...