• Show
Clear All
  • dvs
    Gold Gabber
    • Jun 2004

Re: It's your friends that make your world

Originally posted by |Thrax|
    So well spoken.
    Rest in peace my friend. Condolences to those who were a lot closer than I.
    Exactly my thoughts...

RIP....May your soul be in a much more peaceful place now.
    "America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." - Abraham Lincoln

"the progressive sound will not come back because it's already here; you just need to search for it." - Mo Shic

Comment

• phuck'm-up
      MCast Resident DJ
      • Jan 2008

Originally posted by scifi pi
      Hello ALL,

At the age of 42 and being in the EDM community and nightclub industry off and on for 20+ years (they know me in local forums/circles as GRANDPA RAVE)...yesterday was one of the most difficult times in my life. I spent the whole day with of Steve's family (mother, mother's long-time boyfriend, and uncle). I did my best to explain to them on what an impact he has made on a worldwide level, local level and in my own life. I never left there side assisting them in every way possible in taking care of personal effects, the coroner/police paperwork, funeral home, etc. During this time, I had learned quite bit about his childhood and youth and had also gained their trust and respect in the short amount of time. For my own sake and the request of so many others, I was given the permission to see him before cremation. The details I will not post. They have entrusted me with everything to do with his music, equipment and such. His mother promised me that it would not go to waste, unused, ebay, pawnshop, etc. and I promised in return that it would be properly treated with respect and honor. Me and few others from Pensacola will be making the trip to his hometown of Port Charlotte, FL (1 hr. south of Tampa) for the family memorial service.

As soon as I get confirmation on his families funeral arrangements (time, place, address, etc), I will get that to everyone.

Sorry for the rambling...

PS - I am working getting "In memory" t-shirts done for our Pensacola Thanksgiving event. The first 50 have been donated by a friend of mine who had never met Steve but was a big fan of his sets that I burned for him on CD throughout the years. After that, I will do one time second printing making them available for pre-order purchase at a very reasonable rate.

I chose this route due the overwhelming number of emails, phone calls, texts since his family left yesterday evening and it its been mentally and emotionally draining for me to repeat myself. I'm gonna take a couple days away from everything to hopefully recharge for the upcoming tasks for the next couple weeks.

I love you Olive. Thanks for putting up with my shit all these years. The more I learn from you the more I learn about you. You are special to a lot of folks. Wish i could make the meet up today.
      https://soundcloud.com/bass00monkey/aquanaun_rebirth_club_controler_demo_a_real_dj_featuring_eddie_golds_fly_away_with_k_major

Comment

• phuck'm-up
        MCast Resident DJ
        • Jan 2008

Originally posted by asquare
        I am speechless ...... RIP jibby ..... ONE
        It is almost unreal. I mostly feel the pains of mother earth that could cause such a good soul to find no other way out. My pain. Is that I almost. Did not make it. I know what it feels like to be stuck in reflection.

Take a break from all that work up there. It wont be lifted for at least two more years. Man......come down new years. We could use some of that mountain love. I hope all is well. brad and alan...myself Z,crew perhaps PT. Mary and Dave might come maybe T. Take care man. i love you.
        https://soundcloud.com/bass00monkey/aquanaun_rebirth_club_controler_demo_a_real_dj_featuring_eddie_golds_fly_away_with_k_major

Comment

• Mad'Em Fixer
          Addiction started
          • Aug 2008

It has been over a week now. I keep thinking it is gonna get a little easier but it is not. I keep expecting him to walk through the door. I keep hearing the accents that used to drive me crazy in my head. I want to see him walking around with his spoon in his drink. I want to see one more goofy face and I know I can't.

I wish he knew how much he was loved and how talented he was. He never had a clue.

I know he is in a better place and his soul is now at rest. But I miss him so much.

You will always have a place in my heart SJ.
          UFUCKINGCUNTCHA!!!!R.I.P. Jib!

Comment

• MJ
            Here since 2002
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Mad'Em Fixer
            I keep hearing the accents that used to drive me crazy in my head.
            His Scottish accent at the conference in 06 was comical, especially as he was trying to mimic me, an English man.

[YOUTUBE]tYHJCzgpJPY[/YOUTUBE]

"What the fuck man"
            mjwebhosting you know it makes sense

Silentium est aureum

Comment

• ddr
              DUDERZ get a life!!!
              • Jun 2004

^^ lol
              "pics or stfu" - R.I.P. Steve "Jibgolly" James

Comment

• DancingQueen
                AVB FanClub | President
                • Oct 2005

lol I loved when he did that accent....or when he tried to be Canadian <3
                sigpic
                RIP Steve "Jibs" James - Your footprint is forever on my soul and in my heart xoxo
                RIP Jeff Shewchuk aka DJ Jeff Taylor (day_for_night) - You will live on in my heart forever xoxo

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Comment

• FiFrota
                  Getting Somewhere
                  • Jun 2004

Very sad news! When I used to post more here, (Maybe in the old MS) I remember that Jibb was one of the funiest and nice guys in MS.
                  He was the first to give me the props when I posted my videos here of the first time I was opening for Tiesto.
                  Rest in Peace Jibbs

Comment

• isra007
                    Fresh Peossy
                    • Jul 2008

R.i.p.

Comment

• IvanWarms
                      Fresh Peossy
                      • May 2007

I'm shocked to read this about my long time friend, don't want to write a long text about him, a lot of good things were already writed here and i join a lot those things ...
                      We talked together so many times on msn since the beginning of mercuryserver, sharing the same passion for music, i just so sad that last year we doesn't have the chance to discuss a lot because i was not so much connected it's really really hard ..

I will miss our talk my good man !!!

-Yves, your belgian waffle-

Comment

• vlacke
                        Addiction started
                        • Feb 2006

Omg!
                        I have been away for some time, and im just shocked to see this
                        Rest in peace Jib, you will surely be missed

Comment

• dimax
                          Getting Somewhere
                          • Jul 2004

Never met Steve James,only listened couple of his sets and read his posts.I am not regular here at ms but i am shocked with the bad news..
                          My condolences to everyone,family,friends,just everyone

Comment

• Mr.Big
                            Platinum Poster
                            • Nov 2004

Well that is shocking only picking up on this now. I always felt Jibs was up for a laugh, i enjoyed many of his funny posts over the years.

Its a shame. RIP

Mike
                            www.twitter.com/mikeoreilly
                            Pimps up Hoes down.

Comment

• james
                              Gold Gabber
                              • Jun 2005

I have been away from sometime, that is very sad news!!
                              R.I.P. Jibbs.
                              Rest in peace my friend. Condolences to his freinds and family!
                              many people here itīs trying to know how he die but i prefer to remenber how he live!!

Your music will ever be with us!!!!! Thanks jibbs!

sorry my english is not very good, but i think that you can understand but i trying to say.
                              The possesion of anything begins in the mind (Bruce Lee)

Comment

• anthony
                                Addiction started
                                • Jun 2004

R.I.P. Steve

Comment

Working...