• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dusk
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • Jun 2004

Re: Favorite Android/iPhone Apps?

Originally posted by Kamal
    so far, the iphone remains in the lead but I occasionally run into a nice demonstration video of an htc that makes me wanna grab it
    Ditto
    ~ You are what you think you are ~

Comment

• dusk
      DUDERZ get a life!!!
      • Jun 2004

I am quite happy with my hero, but none the less the android phones need to step it up one more notch and then I'll be sold.

Comment

• picklemonkey
        Double hoodie beer monster
        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Kamal
        what is the best Android phone out there? The Evo4G?
        Google has a site dedicated to comparing all Android phones available:

Comment

• picklemonkey
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by dusk
          I am quite happy with my hero, but none the less the android phones need to step it up one more notch and then I'll be sold.
          How about the Playstation Phone?

It's hard to believe that what we're looking at is real -- but we assure you, the picture above is in fact the PlayStation Phone you've long been waiting for. As we reported back in August, the device you see is headed into the market soon, likely boasting Android 3.0 (aka Gingerbread), along with a custom Sony Marketplace which will allow you to purchase and download games designed for the new platform. The device snapped up top (and in our gallery below) is sporting a 1GHz Qualcomm MSM8655 (a chip similar to the one found in the G2, but 200MHz faster), 512MB of RAM, 1GB of ROM, and the screen is in the range of 3.7 to 4.1 inches. Looking almost identical to the mockup we hit you with this summer, the handset does indeed have a long touchpad in the center which is apparently multitouch, and you can see in the photos that it's still bearing those familiar PlayStation shoulder buttons. For Sony buffs, you'll be interested to know that there's no Memory Stick slot here, but there is support for microSD cards. The particular model in these shots is still in prototyping mode. As such, the unit doesn't have a custom skin (not even SE's Timescape design seen on the Xperia devices), and is said to be rather buggy. We're digging into more facts as we speak, but it's likely that much of what we reported earlier is still accurate, and though the device could still be headed for a 2010 release, 2011 is looking much more realistic. Still, there's a lot of time between now and the holidays... so keep your fingers crossed! %Gallery-106052% %Gallery-106050%

Comment

• res0nat0r
            Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
            • May 2006

I'm thinking of getting rid of my blackberry soon, but I really really like blackberry messenger, it is the only reason to keep this thing around.

I want a sweet Android phone next. I want a real keyboard though, never going touchscreen only again. A friend got the Samsung Epic 4G on Sprint and it is sweet. The BS thing is that Sprint charges 10$ a month extra for 4G service and there is no 4G coverage in Indiana planned anytime.

Comment

• res0nat0r
              Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
              • May 2006

Originally posted by picklemonkey
              Google has a site dedicated to comparing all Android phones available:

http://www.google.com/phone

Cool! I've been looking for something exactly like this.

Comment

• res0nat0r
                Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                • May 2006

I want to get an android so i can use this:

Comment

• res0nat0r
                  Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                  • May 2006

So is this HTC Desire HD supposed to be the new hot shit? What carrier is it going to be on?

Also here's a dumb question, but the one thing I love is being able to get my gmail instantly on my blackberry, gmail servers are doing whatever blackberrys do to push your email instead of polling for it.

Can you get your email instantly (I mean within seconds of it getting to your gmail account) on an android? Or do you have to have a gmail app constantly running in the background polling every 5 minutes or whatnot and draining your battery?

Comment

• picklemonkey
                    • Jun 2004

Yeah, the email is pretty damn quick. I always get it on my phone way before Thunderbird realizes it's out there

Comment

• res0nat0r
                      Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                      • May 2006

Do you have to have the gmail app always running? The blackberry has whatever so you just add the account and it shows up, I never have to start the gmail app that I have installed, unless I want to search my archived email.

Comment

• picklemonkey
                        • Jun 2004

Yeah, it's always running. I'm not sure if you can cancel it, but I think you're putting too much thought into it

Comment

• res0nat0r
                          Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                          • May 2006

probably right...

Comment

• Kat
                            A pretty fn good milkshake
                            • Mar 2006

my iPhone apps:

♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪• אין סוף •♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•

Music is essential for the expression of non material ideals and energies. Music colors our surroundings with emanations from the highest vibrational fields. It allows us to escape all limitations in our thinking and very existence.

Comment

• dusk
                              DUDERZ get a life!!!
                              • Jun 2004

How did you manage to get an [ms] app Kat??? Got a sweet load of apps there.

Comment

• dusk
                                DUDERZ get a life!!!
                                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by picklemonkey
                                How about the Playstation Phone?

It's hard to believe that what we're looking at is real -- but we assure you, the picture above is in fact the PlayStation Phone you've long been waiting for. As we reported back in August, the device you see is headed into the market soon, likely boasting Android 3.0 (aka Gingerbread), along with a custom Sony Marketplace which will allow you to purchase and download games designed for the new platform. The device snapped up top (and in our gallery below) is sporting a 1GHz Qualcomm MSM8655 (a chip similar to the one found in the G2, but 200MHz faster), 512MB of RAM, 1GB of ROM, and the screen is in the range of 3.7 to 4.1 inches. Looking almost identical to the mockup we hit you with this summer, the handset does indeed have a long touchpad in the center which is apparently multitouch, and you can see in the photos that it's still bearing those familiar PlayStation shoulder buttons. For Sony buffs, you'll be interested to know that there's no Memory Stick slot here, but there is support for microSD cards. The particular model in these shots is still in prototyping mode. As such, the unit doesn't have a custom skin (not even SE's Timescape design seen on the Xperia devices), and is said to be rather buggy. We're digging into more facts as we speak, but it's likely that much of what we reported earlier is still accurate, and though the device could still be headed for a 2010 release, 2011 is looking much more realistic. Still, there's a lot of time between now and the holidays... so keep your fingers crossed! %Gallery-106052% %Gallery-106050%

Is this thing for real??? Gosh I used to love my psp, now I know someone who would absolutely love this.

Comment

Working...