• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • picklemonkey
    Double hoodie beer monster
    • Jun 2004

Ubuntu Lucid Lynx

Upgrading now

Has anybody else upgraded? What are your thoughts so far? I haven't been keeping up with this release lately, so I don't know what I should expect other than the reworked system tray
  • res0nat0r
    Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
    • May 2006

Re: Ubuntu Lucid Lynx

Check this:

Prob going to have sweet ass bootup speeds. Dont want to muck with my xbmc htpc ubuntu install and break it, if i cant watch my tvshows/movies id go crazy. nor my desktop @ work as it runs some sites and apps for my dept. plus my laptop i always use that just has ubuntu on it hd went out a couple weeks ago and i havent bought another drive yet. i havent gotten to play with a new release in a while.

Comment

• ganjamo
      Platinum Poster
      • Jan 2006

downloading
      Dont panic, its organic.

Comment

• Troklo
        Platinum Poster
        • Jun 2004

I´m on Ubuntu 9.40 think i´ll wait a bit before uprgrading to 10.04
        Quiero brincar al agua para caer al cielo

Comment

• Kamal
          Administrator
          • May 2002

I was hoping to have this test installed on my lappy this weekend but home projects kept me off the charts for the most part. hopefully I'll get around to mucking with it later today.
          www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
          he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
          Originally posted by ace_dl
          Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
          I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• Feliti
            Getting Somewhere
            • Feb 2008

I upgraded yesterday to Lucid, it took like years, downloading and upgrading but, I like it.
            It has some little improvements on gdm, like splash and some themes. It has also some kind of integration with social networks accounts with Gwibber, ie: facebook, flickr, etc. (which I don't recommend using).
            There were some issues I had with java based programs on karmic, now they run perfectly.
            Really don't know about major changes on kernel.

Comment

Working...