X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tiddles
    Encryption, Jr.
    • Jun 2004

Re: Tunes that Evoke Memories

one time i took a strip (!) of acid and heard the waaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhrooooooommmmm sound in this song for what i thought was 4 hours straight.

tripping_balls.gif

Comment

• gizze
      Gold Gabber
      • Jul 2010

New Years Eve party 1991 or '92.

150 year old house on the top of a hill up at the coast, at this point everything had been hardcore, from acid to proper early rave music.

This DJ came on that no one had heard of and the MC said "This isn't hardcore, this isn't acid, THIS......IS.......LONDON!"

And the first track he dropped was......

I remember sitting on the stairs completely off my head and looking at my mate, and him saying "If anyone had asked me to describe what house parties would be like in the future 10 years ago, this would be it!!!"

We both jumped up and danced like twats for the next hour or so.

He played things like Funkatarium, Who's The Badman, Drum Club's You Make Me Feel So Good, Song Of Life and a couple of other tracks that I didn't even hear for a year or so afterwards.

That was a defining moment for me, I was previously going out to get pilled up, after that night I was going out for the music.
      My Soundcloud page...
      GuyMiddleton's sounds on SoundCloud - Hear the world’s sounds

Comment

• nelinho
        Are you Kidding me??
        • Sep 2011

Terry Lee Brown Jr "terry's house"

Comment

• nelinho
          Are you Kidding me??
          • Sep 2011

Originally posted by diegoff
          "As the rush comes" -> at a friend´s house, before go clubbing... nice tune
          By motorcycle? Which was alias for some well known trance duo or trio? Cannot remember the name though.

Comment

• nelinho
            Are you Kidding me??
            • Sep 2011

Rui da Silva "touch me in the morning"

Comment

• floridaorange
              I'm merely a humble butler
              • Dec 2005

Originally posted by gizze
              New Years Eve party 1991 or '92.

150 year old house on the top of a hill up at the coast, at this point everything had been hardcore, from acid to proper early rave music.

This DJ came on that no one had heard of and the MC said "This isn't hardcore, this isn't acid, THIS......IS.......LONDON!"

And the first track he dropped was......

I remember sitting on the stairs completely off my head and looking at my mate, and him saying "If anyone had asked me to describe what house parties would be like in the future 10 years ago, this would be it!!!"

We both jumped up and danced like twats for the next hour or so.

He played things like Funkatarium, Who's The Badman, Drum Club's You Make Me Feel So Good, Song Of Life and a couple of other tracks that I didn't even hear for a year or so afterwards.

That was a defining moment for me, I was previously going out to get pilled up, after that night I was going out for the music.

That's pretty incredible he dropped that track in 1992, it still has many elements that are relevant even now. Great post, enjoyed it.

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• floridaorange
                I'm merely a humble butler
                • Dec 2005

This one makes me laugh, although many of Dj Icey's florida breakbeat tunes were a big part of highschool raving days, this track I recall my good friend and I standing there listening to it live a few years later, I was probably 21 and had moved on from breakbeats mostly and listened to trance and some progressive house... we were at Hard Rock Live and Icey and Baby Anne were spinning their usual sounds, when this one came on, I remember enjoying the nostalgia of my teens but I looked over at my friend and pointed at him and said "I SEE YOU." "How dumb is that?" I said. Basically I was mocking Dj Icey, since he would point out to the crowd every time the robotic voice would say "I see you." Anyway, I had a good laugh listening to this, it's got some brilliance to it anyway .

This tune really reminds me of being out in High school.... Some shitty memories but a lot of good ones too, as I felt like I had found my place when I found this style of music .

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• diegoff
                  Are you Kidding me??
                  • Jun 2004

Originally posted by nelinho
                  By motorcycle? Which was alias for some well known trance duo or trio? Cannot remember the name though.
                  the one I mean is: "Motorcycle - As the rush comes (exclusive demo mix)"
                  it's in a mix cd by Tiesto "Nyana" -> cd1 was kinda house, nice tunes in there, really. CD2 was horrible, some hard trance-techno, nothing to do with what he usually spins these days (that it's still horrible for me).
                  It´s a spiritual thing!

feb 2021 https://soundcloud.com/diegoarv/pand...os-inflamables
                  Sept 26th https://soundcloud.com/diegoarv/earthling-vibes
                  May 1st 2020 https://soundcloud.com/diegoarv/current

Comment

• nelinho
                    Are you Kidding me??
                    • Sep 2011

Originally posted by floridaorange
                    This one makes me laugh, although many of Dj Icey's florida breakbeat tunes were a big part of highschool raving days, this track I recall my good friend and I standing there listening to it live a few years later, I was probably 21 and had moved on from breakbeats mostly and listened to trance and some progressive house... we were at Hard Rock Live and Icey and Baby Anne were spinning their usual sounds, when this one came on, I remember enjoying the nostalgia of my teens but I looked over at my friend and pointed at him and said "I SEE YOU." "How dumb is that?" I said. Basically I was mocking Dj Icey, since he would point out to the crowd every time the robotic voice would say "I see you." Anyway, I had a good laugh listening to this, it's got some brilliance to it anyway .

This tune really reminds me of being out in High school.... Some shitty memories but a lot of good ones too, as I felt like I had found my place when I found this style of music .

my ex girlfriend and i loved "agnelli and nelson" version of everyday...was a powerful song when we were in long distance relationship and moreso due to good quality mdma.....i see you is a bit cheesy lol....

Comment

• trick12
                      Are you Kidding me??
                      • Jul 2007

Originally posted by tiddles
                      one time i took a strip (!) of acid and heard the waaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhrooooooommmmm sound in this song for what i thought was 4 hours straight.

tripping_balls.gif
                      nice one...
                      Life's pretty fast..blup..blup...We made it!!

Comment

• JonQPublik
                        Gold Gabber
                        • Apr 2006

Daytona / Orlando, 91-97...

sweet jesus, just listened to the whole thing again, and now I feel 20ish silly

Boston, 97-10...

(not a full version, rude... used to LOVE playing this. we used to put the
                        "You Are Sleeping accapella over the breakdown, to great effect)

Sorry, I tried to limit myself... but seemed like each song was connecting to another song/memory...
                        http://soundcloud.com/jonqpublik/sets/love-and-other-stories

Comment

• Funky Dredd
                          Are you Kidding me??
                          • May 2005

Early mornings at AAHZ

Mutations presents Change The Music

Mutations (original show)

Mutations presents Change The Music airs 4th Friday of the month on SaturoSounds

Comment

• unkle
                            Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                            • Mar 2007

Wow, there are a lot, without a doubt this is one of my fav.

Comment

• klangfabrik
                              Platinum Poster
                              • Jun 2009

Originally posted by nelinho
                              motorcycle was a project by Josh Gabriel & Dave Dresden & Jes

Comment

• audrey_w
                                Gold Gabber
                                • Jan 2013

Memories of my first trip to Ibiza
                                Memories of my first ecstasy
                                I won't give away my age by telling you the year but let's just say there was a lot of love that summer

Comment

Working...