Clear All
  • picklemonkey
    Double hoodie beer monster
    • Jun 2004

Re: miketpoto

Originally posted by miketpoto
    As a gay homosexual
    wouldn't that make you straight?

humor is humor guys... get over it. if you don't think it's funny just don't laugh. you need to realize America's culture is built around our European rebel/outcast ancestors. We're bound to piss everyone off, just by our nature. I thought that picture was hilarious

Comment

• miketpoto
      Shabisquik The Ghetto Queen
      • Jan 2005

To clarify, I am in no way suggesting that I am deliberately offending people because I was offended in the past. I am merely stating that it was overwhelmingly tolerated, it was blatant in it's personal attack directly towards me, and for whatever fucked reasons was somehow more socially acceptable.

And secondly, i won't delete that post for many reasons (aside from those not reading today having the chance to add/comment/judge/laugh/etc) some of which are...

1- We are all grown-ups, if you dont appreciate the posting then dont repeat-view it.

2- I grew up Catholic and was an alter-boy for several years, my other side of the family is "devoutly" bornagain-christian, my older sister was a minister for 10 years, I have a very good friend who is a lutheran minister, so if we go by baptism/confirmation status you 'could' classify me as christian.

3- If all your offense taken and geniuine hurt from this is that of feeling disrespected, then weigh out the impact of that on your life compared to being denied equal rights using religious justification in a country that was founded and supposedly governed with a separation of church and state. I'm sorry I can't sympathize more with you than this, but then again, I also havent said one damn negative thing about anyone's faith or entitlement to their own beliefs.

4- Insert Censorship Rant Here. Cause do I really need to?

5- If you aren't going to like me due to this, and you find it impossible to think of me as a good person knowing I posted this link to a fucked-up t-shirt, then go ahead and dislike me. I have a very large group of great friends/acquaintances/associates that have known me for quite some time and seem to be able to "deal" with my sense of humor or things that I find funny. And by all means please, be up front about how you feel, I only request that if it is not wanting to look at that "t-shirt design" that you refrain from doing so by voluntarily returning to this thread.

6- Yes I know this sounds bitchy and defensive, but if my apology and explanation of non-malicious intent etc isn't accepted or is repeatedly questioned, I am going to put it into perspective for you.

Now smile, go about your life, laugh out loud that I actually just got called EVIL and added another name to the list of people who will pray for little old me.

Comment

• picklemonkey
        Double hoodie beer monster
        • Jun 2004

drama. fuck 'em all and quit trying to explain yourself.

Comment

• bart_smastard
          Gold Gabber
          • May 2005

Originally posted by cowardly dj

I hope that somewhere in your life someone can show you the right way and I will pray for you. I am willing to teach you about the Bible and show you how to understand it.

Hate the sin but love the sinner.
          this i find far more offensive than the picture . that somehow mike is below you because he dosn't follow the path you chose . that he is not enlightened as you . THIS IS MY HUGE HANGUP ABOUT RELIGIOUS PEOPLE . they believe they are above you moraly , spiritualy and mentaly and that us non-believers should have their pitty upon us . the pic was tasteless but amusing . but getting all sanctamonious and i'm better than you is far more insulting .

btw CDJ i know ure gonna start typing out a " o you do not understand me becasue u don't have the intelligence reply" .fucking save it for someone who cares

Comment

• Yao
            DUDERZ get a life!!!
            • Jun 2004

Yea Mike just do like me:

to everyone that bashed Mike for posting it, and me for liking it. Humour is not universal, neither are the boundaries of it. It don't disrespect you guys, I just disagree.

And I am personally getting a bit annoyed by this arrogant tone of you Cowardly, no matter how good your jokes may be (i've had a genuinely good laugh more than once over your posts dude). You read the Bible and believe in God, I don't.

I can see you are a distaseful person and I do not believe that you thought this would be humorus. I an convinced that you intended to insult me and religion.
            I do not care and am not insulted. I am sad for you. I know what lies ahead for people who are insistent to do evil. I hope that somewhere in your life someone can show you the right way and I will pray for you. I am willing to teach you about the Bible and show you how to understand it.
            I could say many extremely offensive and angry things to this, but i'm not going to. Don't be sad for us sinners mate, we do actually enjoy this life Pray as much as you want, it won't help. I have other friends that think it's necessary to pray for me, even though I tell them it's useless.

Do you really think that if I shout out loud that I don't believe in your god, but still try to be a good man for my own reasons, he would deny me? Dude, if everything was depending on citing a bloody book, i'd be very dissapointed. apart from that, your fave book has been one of the most abused tools to control people.

There is no religion, there is just power. Have fun reading that shit, but you won't control me...
            Blowkick visual & graphic design - No Civilization. Now With Broadband.

There are but three true sports -- bullfighting, mountain climbing, and motor-racing. The rest are merely games. -Hemingway

Comment

• MJ
              Here since 2002
              • Jun 2004

I like bart.

Next decent sankeys night bart, you can buy me a beer.

ok?
              mjwebhosting you know it makes sense

Silentium est aureum

Comment

• bart_smastard
                Gold Gabber
                • May 2005

that place a lil too rough for me MJ ..

Comment

• MJ
                  Here since 2002
                  • Jun 2004

Originally posted by bart_smastard
                  that place a lil too rough for me MJ ..
                  Mate, in all honesty you haven`t got a clue what you`re on about. I love your worldly knowledge and your ability to articulate it on this board but on this subject you know jack shit!

After 5 years of Sankey nights behind me I`ve found it to be one of the most atmosheric (especialy the Morrilo nights) and friendly nights there is to be had. You should try it man...

... and I`LL buy the Stellas.

Silentium est aureum

Comment

• cowardly dj
                    ZangerBob
                    • Jun 2004

this i find far more offensive than the picture . that somehow mike is below you because he dosn't follow the path you chose . that he is not enlightened as you . THIS IS MY HUGE HANGUP ABOUT RELIGIOUS PEOPLE . they believe they are above you moraly , spiritualy and mentaly and that us non-believers should have their pitty upon us . the pic was tasteless but amusing . but getting all sanctamonious and i'm better than you is far more insulting .

btw CDJ i know ure gonna start typing out a " o you do not understand me becasue u don't have the intelligence reply" .fucking save it for someone who cares

How you can pull that I think I am better than mike and he is below me out of what I posted is simply ridiculous.

Most free thinking people would understand what I said as a gesture of good will.

Are you serious?
                    Greatly rejoicing in following God as a freedom not a choice.

Comment

• bart_smastard
                      Gold Gabber
                      • May 2005

ure right MJ , iv'e not been to Sankeys for 8-9 years . and i hear they do have some great nights on .. it's just the Ancoats thing and no decent bar within a mile that has put me off in the past . next big night though i may give it a crack on your recommendation . i guess i'm just too accustomed to drinking down at the locks

Comment

• bart_smastard
                        Gold Gabber
                        • May 2005

How you can pull that I think I am better than mike and he is below me out of what I posted is simply ridiculous.

Most free thinking people would understand what I said as a gesture of good will.

Are you serious?
                        that your way is the right way . ( that you know better)
                        that you will pray for him .( pitty )
                        that you will teach him . ( that you are more intelligent )

i am a lil worse for wear i been out all day due to football . but even i can read between the lines of what you was saying . 9 times out of 10 i write things the way i do to provoke the reaction i want . i seldom type without thinking of what type of response i'll generate . my speciality is comming accross as a cunt and this method of writing i have perfected over the years . but i am aware i am doing it .. ARE YOU

at least i know i'm an asshole. it's the ones who don't know they are, that piss me off

Comment

• MJ
                          Here since 2002
                          • Jun 2004

no decent bar within a mile that has put me off in the past
                          Well I`ll take your point on that as I`m not of the Mancunian persuasion.. I`m from over the right side of the pennines. I travel over from Huddersfiled and don`t usualy arrive till club time so I`m not sure of what bars are near.

Fuck that anyway, get trollied round your local area then get a cab about 11.30ish just when it`s getting warmed up. I`ll be the one on the dance floor with the biggest smile.

Stella in hand of course.

Silentium est aureum

Comment

• mmglobal
                            Gold Gabber
                            • Sep 2004

Hey Cowardly...what's this need of yours to even say anything in the first place?

If you don't come from a "better than though, love the sinner hate the sin" standpoint, then why even go out of your way to spank Poto.

If I saw someone wearing that shirt out in public, it would make me laugh. Just let him do what he wants...it's a funny pic.

and what the hell is it with that judgemental bullsh@*t about "hate the sin, love the sinner?" Don't you know it's: "Love the Player, hate the Game!" duh.
                            So stop playa hating, Cowardly.
                            Peace.

Comment

• miketpoto
                              Shabisquik The Ghetto Queen
                              • Jan 2005

Are you serious?
                              I was going to put footnotes and draw conclusions proving how serious I am, but I think that Cowardly, your words speak for themselves. I am an eensy weensy bit curious to hear which sins of mine you hate whilst loving me like you do.

I can see you are a distaseful person and I do not believe that you thought this would be humorus. I an convinced that you intended to insult me and religion. I do not care and am not insulted. I am sad for you. I know what lies ahead for people who are insistent to do evil. I hope that somewhere in your life someone can show you the right way and I will pray for you. I am willing to teach you about the Bible and show you how to understand it.
                              Hate the sin but love the sinner.
                              As for not believing in my sense of humor (I'm not suggesting you share or agree with it mind you) ye of little faith, trust me, if I meant to simply insult you and religion you would have defintely known it.

And thanks for the offer, but I'm all set should I need a bible tutor in the future, as you probably recall I have a good friend whom I am actually staying with for the time being who is a Minister, and without any documentation as to your qualifications/certifications I had to go with him as first choice. I didn't think you'd have a problem with that since you no longer have to spend so much time being sad for me.

Oh yeah, YAO..... I think that you, and your fellow Dutchmen need to brush up on being a little more FREE THINKING! You guys just don't seem to get it! Seriously

Comment

• Yao
                                DUDERZ get a life!!!
                                • Jun 2004

lol

Sure Mike....You wanna do the preaching in front of Amsterdam Central Station?
                                Blowkick visual & graphic design - No Civilization. Now With Broadband.

There are but three true sports -- bullfighting, mountain climbing, and motor-racing. The rest are merely games. -Hemingway

Comment

Working...