• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • evangelion
    Platinum Poster
    • Jun 2004

Re: Are we on the brink of WWIII ?

Originally posted by KinKyJ
    For the European public opinion to favor wiping out H&H once and for all, people here imo need to:
    - know what Hezbollah and Hamas actually are, what they're responsible for and what their exact agenda is.
    - realise the difference between Palestinian nationalism and muslim fundamentalism.
    - understand the threat they present for the entire world in the long run .
    Ok, get started.

Originally posted by thesightless
    they endured this shit since its conception and its people dealt with it for centuries. finally that last straw was broken and they are fighting back. every person from iran, syria and palestine who get thrown onto the big 3 US news networks claims about an occupation and illegal acts. when in fact, isreal is doing the exact same thing they did. but doing it in defense of thier peoples, not trying to impose thier will, law or religion on ANYONE.
    My thoughts exactly. The Jewish people have been shit on since the dawn of time, and maybe they have chosen right there, right now to try and put an end to it once and for all. They have my blessings.

Comment

• thesightless
      Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
      • Jun 2004

the worst aspect is that, and i include a lot of christian peoples, no one really realizes that christianity and islam both grew from judiaism. both are offshoots. both follow a lot of the old testament facts. and yet, so many cannot respect that.
      your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
      download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.

Comment

• evangelion
        Platinum Poster
        • Jun 2004

Personally, from my athiest viewpoint, this is all a bunch of bullshit. To me, religion is the most worthless thing on this planet (no offense to anyone, but it's the truth). So the fact that Arabs want to destroy Israel solely based on them being Jewish is, to me, probably the stupidest thing the human brain could be possible of .

Comment

• KinKyJ
          Platinum Poser
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by evangelion
          Lebonon has an army...why don't they have a Revolutionary War and die for their freedom?? To some westerners (Ok, me) it looks on the outside that they are unwilling to...they would rather live under these totalitarian regimes and bitch about the horrible lives they live, than risk dying by the thousands trying to force them out.
          True, they have an own army, but let's not forget that Syria had troops in Lebanon until last year. Now that the troops have retreated, they still have the string puppets of Hezbollah. I don't know if you have seen the crater the explosion made that blew Hariri's motorcade to pulp, but it was HUGE. You're right that it might come across to "us" that they're unwilling, but it's actually fear which imobilises everybody.

But at the same time someone of the same faith will strap on a suicide belt and blow up a marketplace. Do you see how the view from the outside can get so blurred??
          I'd call the propaganda/agenda of Hezbollah rather an ideology rather than faith (even though they (ab)use the islam), but I understand what you're saying.

And you're right about the suicide bombers making it even harder to even start to understand what really is going on and why. Is a guy blowing himself up on a market place because he's Hezbollah, because he fights for the Palestinian cause, because his family got killed or their houses destroyed by the Israelian army or because of a combination of the above? Imo blowing smoke is an important part of the fundamentalists' masterplan. The confusion divides Israel's allies and buys them time to carry out their actions.

Smoke or no smoke, I think it's important to realise that there's a huge difference between islam and fundamentalism, that not only Israel but the the entire region is being sucked into a situation planned by the fundamentalists and that it's a capital mistake to underestimate the complexity of relations and events in the ME...

Comment

• thesightless
            Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
            • Jun 2004

eh religion, IMHO, is a good thing. however, in the last few years, its been hijacked and targeted. we arent targeting muslims. we are going after people who think they have the right to kill others

anything that brings people together in celebration, unites a community or gives hope to people isnt really a negative. go check out a baptist church. i did. i was amazed to see a group of people from 9 years old to 90 having a blast, and showing love to each other.
            your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
            download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.

Comment

• lancecashion
              Getting Somewhere
              • May 2005

Damn... you guys still going at it?
              www.protonradio.com

http://www.myspace.com/lancecashion

12:31:06 Lance Cashion @ Spin-Austin
              01:26:06 Lance Cashion @ Seawalk-Jax

Comment

• davetlv
                Platinum Poster
                • Jun 2004

Kinky. . . . Its Israeli, not Israelian

Comment

• KinKyJ
                  Platinum Poser
                  • Jun 2004

Originally posted by thesightless
                  the worst aspect is that, and i include a lot of christian peoples, no one really realizes that christianity and islam both grew from judiaism. both are offshoots. both follow a lot of the old testament facts. and yet, so many cannot respect that.
                  Hey, it's already bad enough that Hezbollah & C? have always turned this into a religious issue, let's not drag religion in ourselves, shall we?

By emphasising judaism in relation to the wet dream some have about destroying Israel, you only stimulate anti-semite feelings imo. I know you're pointing out that we (christians and jews) stem from the same book and that we should honor that, but it's not the main issue.

Religion in this case like in so many others is just a tool to unite people behind a certain agenda and to justify certain actions. Nothing more, nothing less.

Israel is a sovereign democratic state which has been recognized by the international community. Therefore the question how the Israeli's got their territory and from whom isn't relevant. The question how everybody is going to live together in peace is.

The more I read/hear/see, the more I tend to think stability in the region is only possible if two main conditions are being met:

- fundamentalism in all its forms (so not only on the muslim side, but also on the fanatic jewish side) should be rooted out completely. And in the long run it should be criminalised just like revisionism and racism.
                  - Israel should recognize the Palestinian state in one way or another. and both should work towards good neigbourship in the end.

There you have it: Mission Impossible IV and V in a nutshell...

Comment

• KinKyJ
                    Platinum Poser
                    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by davetlv
                    Kinky. . . . Its Israeli, not Israelian
                    mitz׳ta׳er my friend, thx for the correction

Comment

• davetlv
                      Platinum Poster
                      • Jun 2004

The more I read/hear/see, the more I tend to think stability in the region is only possible if two main conditions are being met:

- fundamentalism in all its forms (so not only on the muslim side, but also on the fanatic jewish side) should be rooted out completely. And in the long run it should be criminalised just like revisionism and racism.
                      Intrisnically I believe that people can believe what they want. I have no problem with fundamentalist Muslims who believe what they do, my only problem is when their belief encroach on my life. Jewish fundamentalists, or fanatics as you call them, dont go out to convert, maime or kill (with the exception of two cases over the past thirty years I can think off). The difference between Jewish and Muslim fundamentalism is that one wants you to join them and the other wants you to leave them alone!

- Israel should recognize the Palestinian state in one way or another. and both should work towards good neigbourship in the end.

There you have it: Mission Impossible IV and V in a nutshell...
                      What you mean like in 1948, 1967, 1993 and 2000? Recognise it like that? The issue isn't, and i repeat it again, Israel recognising the right of Palestinians to a country and self-determination, its the Muslims recognising Israel has a right to exist in its current form.

Clear now matey!!!!

Comment

• KinKyJ
                        Platinum Poser
                        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by davetlv
                        The issue isn't, and i repeat it again, Israel recognising the right of Palestinians to a country and self-determination, its the Muslims recognising Israel has a right to exist in its current form.

Clear now matey!!!!
                        To repeat a paragraph in my post:

Israel is a sovereign democratic state which has been recognized by the international community. Therefore the question how the Israeli's got their territory and from whom isn't relevant. The question how everybody is going to live together in peace is.
                        I didn't add "the fundamentalists (rather than muslims) recognizing Israel" to the list because to be that was something obvious to me... Don't worry Dave, we're on the same page here

Comment

• threehills
                          I heart Lollergirl
                          • Jun 2005

The Isrealis actually have those new kid-seeking missles, so that is all they are hitting.
                          The thought of that made me laugh out loud in the middle of the emergency room.

Seriously though, some good conversation and thoughts floating around in this thread. I commend those that have contributed in earnst.
                          It's never too late to become the person you always thought you would be.

Comment

• beanzncheez
                            Banned
                            • Jun 2004

And you're obviously still in need of attention. Please keep it serious and decent in this thread beanz. Or go sit at the kid's table. Next
                            You still don't have a grasp on english. So people die. Good. This world is way overpopulated. People worry and state that war is bad. Nothing but good comes out of it. Bring on the bombs and slaughter the whores.

Comment

• KinKyJ
                              Platinum Poser
                              • Jun 2004

^^^ Yeah, I'm waiting for the day that the IAF drops you on a Hezbollah position *yawn*

Comment

• Kobe
                                I wish I had an interesting User title
                                • Jun 2004

My thoughts exactly. The Jewish people have been shit on since the dawn of time, and maybe they have chosen right there, right now to try and put an end to it once and for all. They have my blessings.
                                What exactly can they solve now that they haven't been able to solve for the past serveral thousand years, and how?
                                Beats are my crack.

Comment

Working...