X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thesightless
    Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
    • Jun 2004

Re: Are we on the brink of WWIII ?

lol, im sorry ...... ""KINGDOM"" ,, must be nice to hang on to fuedal society.
    your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
    download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.

Comment

• unkownartist
      Banned
      • Nov 2005

Originally posted by KinKyJ
      send in zidane...

nah seriously, let's just turn the area into a big glass crater and have it over with.
      agreed, i,m fuckin sick of all this money getting spent of phat cats wineing and dining themselves talking to people who only care about killing the cunts that are sitting @ the other side of the table

Comment

• thesightless
        • Jun 2004

Hezbollah just fired a few missles into haifa...........

wow, this is literally accellerating by the hour. dave, i hope you stay safe. god bless.

Comment

• thesightless
          • Jun 2004

maybe it is time for the UN to grow a pair and finally do to hamas, hezzie, and the kashmiri groups what the US did to the taleban. just end them. and do it now before this shit really gets out of control on a regional scale.

again, my curiousity is ruining my day. its times like this where i wish i was ignorant to the world and didnt care. our species is one day going to make this planet unhabitable.

Comment

• ddr
            DUDERZ get a life!!!
            • Jun 2004

on a Nostradamus-related note, everytime i hear 'end of the world' or whatever i think of the Mayan date, December 21, 2012. only 6.5 years to go. then we'll see if those mayans knew their astronomy..

lol i turn on the TV to see what you all are talking about and all theyre talking about is a stupid ass forest fire somewhere. looks like all the info i can get on this stuff is to read.. damnit
            "pics or stfu" - R.I.P. Steve "Jibgolly" James

Comment

• Miroslav
              WHOA I can change this!1!
              • Apr 2006

I try not to get too carried away with spur of the moment emotions and general pessimism, but my best sense is that we truly are not far away from a more or less global war. I don't know that this specific instance with Israel will kick it off, but I think we have real elevated danger. The reason is fairly simple and has already been echoed by others...

It seems to me that we're approaching a period where international entities who have always been at odds with the world status quo powers - the US and the rest of the "Western World" countries - are gaining enough critical mass behind their cause. This critical mass comes from 1. sufficient cultural and politica unity around uncompromising, totalitarian ideologies that are fundamentally opposed to the West, and 2. sufficient technology and resources to develop a serious global military threat - i.e., nuclear and other weapons of mass destruction. And, it's all coming to a head across the globe at about the same time.

This is all a major negative byproduct of globalization - as different people come closer together, differences are religious, cultural, political and economic differences are greatly exacerbated even as technology spreads across the globe. Put another way, our technological progress is increasing exponentially, whereas our cumulative moral progress is fixed and has not really improved - and arguably won't ever fundamentally improve, given human nature. Even worse, we ultimately can't stop the proliferation of that technology (and the US knows this very well). We now have mobile weapons that can wreak the devastation of what used to be whole armies in the hands of just a few people. If those few powerful people with their fingers on the trigger have everything at stake in the form of uncompromising ideologies, then global instability is really just a question of time. After much suffering and destruction from such an outbreak, things become relatively calm again as the new victors create a new power status quo...but it's a cyclical process that humanity will revisit again and again.

whew that was long. ok back to work now.
              mixes: www.waxdj.com/miroslav

Comment

• BureOne
                Are you Kidding me??
                • Jun 2004

^ CNN dude.

Comment

• Jenks
                  I'm kind of a big deal.
                  • Jun 2004

Originally posted by ddr
                  on a Nostradamus-related note, everytime i hear 'end of the world' or whatever i think of the Mayan date, December 21, 2012. only 6.5 years to go. then we'll see if those mayans knew their astronomy..

lol i turn on the TV to see what you all are talking about and all theyre talking about is a stupid ass forest fire somewhere. looks like all the info i can get on this stuff is to read.. damnit
                  ^That date doesn't necessarily mean the end of the world, and i don't believe it is either. If you leave the Mayans out of it, math geeks and numerologists have been saying that date is the date we will see drastic change in the world. Doesn't mean the end, just means drastic change.

I don't want to take this thread off on a big New Age rant, but read up on Novelty Theory.

Comment

• funct division
                    Fresh Peossy
                    • Jun 2004

I think everyone needs to relax. Israel v. Lebanon does not equal WWIII by stretch of the imagination.

Comment

• groffhibbitz
                      Gold Gabber
                      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by thesightless
                      everything was nice when we had a fuedal society and the old guy made the decisions. everyone did thier share, there wasnt any money per say, you just didi your part and the community had to operate as a whole.
                      sadly, I don't think everything was ever nice in human history

Comment

• thesightless
                        • Jun 2004

i feel terrible about the jewish population, every time they get shit on throughout history a major war breaks out because they try to defend themselves, and act tough doing it, and in the end, they get more crap and thier portrayal is destroyed. still half of our grandparents genreations blame the jewish society for ww2 and it just isnt right. they were blamed for the early wars in the middle east all because the muslim population wanted control, and it wasnt right. now they are being called agressive and barbaric all because 2-3 groups of people are shitting on them and they are defending themselves.

Comment

• Kinetic
                          Platinum Poster
                          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by funct division
                          I think everyone needs to relax. Israel v. Lebanon does not equal WWIII by stretch of the imagination.
                          WWI also started with what seemed like a localized issue in the Balkans.

Turns out someone else was behind that incident and the rest...well everyone knows what happened. It seems that "someone else" is also behind these kidnappings.
                          "I play music at people" - Surgeon

http://soundcloud.com/kineticdj
                          http://djkinetic.official.fm

Comment

• thesightless
                            • Jun 2004

ww2 started by a small incursion too. then look what happened.

Comment

• Kamal
                              Administrator
                              • May 2002

please leave this post in GYY because it concerns all of us at this stage and is not just a discussion at this stage
                              www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
                              he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
                              Originally posted by ace_dl
                              Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
                              I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• thesightless
                                • Jun 2004

note to the palestinian and lebanese peoples and governemtns. if your people are the assaulter, then your people bear the consequences. if random citizens started kidnapping and firing rockets at canadians, then i would fully expect canada to react. you elected the governemtns, so deal with thier inability to control the criminals and thier own actions.

Comment

Working...