X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • oddrice1
    Getting Somewhere
    • May 2008

Dogfish Breweries article

A lengthy but very enjoyable article about Sam Calagione at Dogfish breweries. I want to visit this brewery before I die - I think Sam is my long lost father. Seriously.

a few of my favorite bits:

"Elephants, like many of us, enjoy a good malted beverage when they can get it."

“keep on drinking the good shit!”

“Beer racism!”

“I’m not afraid to pay compliments where compliments are due. Anheuser-Busch’s quality—if quality is consistency—is second to none. But I’m frustrated that that one beer has been hammered down people’s throats. I mean, banana cream pie may be your favorite fucking food. But if you ate banana cream pie every day you would hate it, too.”

“We tried to throw a keg once,” Calagione told me. “But it misfired and knocked down a street lamp.”
  • day_for_night
    Are you Kidding me??
    • Jun 2004

Re: Dogfish Breweries article

yes, great read. though i totally disagree with this line "Extreme brewers have helped turn American brewing into the most influential in the world." sorry...that title still goes to belgium.

Selders arrived about an hour after we did, driving a van filled with sacks of grain. He was wearing what looked like a gas-station attendant’s uniform, with his name stitched over one front pocket and the Dogfish logo over the other. His hair was gelled into a miniature Mohawk—more Tintin than Billy Idol—and his eyes, framed by thick black glasses, wore their usual look of ironic bewilderment. Selders, who is thirty-three, was a painter and ska guitarist before he became a brewer. When he and Calagione aren’t making beer, they sometimes perform together at the pub as a beer-themed hip-hop duo called the Pain Relievaz (sample lyrics: “You’re the barley virgin that my malt mill will deflour”).

Comment

• i!!ustrious
      I got some N64 Games Yo!!
      • Mar 2008

mmm chicory stout. GG
      (((( }-d|-__-|b-{ ))))

Comment

• mazi
        Gold Gabber
        • Oct 2006

Makes me want to head to Dogfish right now.
        breath deep

Comment

Working...