X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • floridaorange
    I'm merely a humble butler
    • Dec 2005

revolution in the us of a?

when do you think America will have one? when will the inequality be so blatant that people organize and demand changes?

It was fun while it lasted...
  • Zover
    Banned
    • Mar 2014

Re: revolution in the us of a?

People won't organize and stand up, thev're to busy ridding the subway in their pants to do anything meaningful.

Comment

• nelinho
      Are you Kidding me??
      • Sep 2011

will it be televised?

On free to air?

Comment

• ddr
        DUDERZ get a life!!!
        • Jun 2004

the birth and embracing of consumerism was the death of us, in my opinion. also, making and treating one of our own creations, the inanimate Corporation, as if the thing or it is a person effectively creates an Artificial Intelligence, in its own right, certainly is not helping matters.

we wont do shit.. as long as we have coffee, alcohol, and drugs (of which the former two are inclusive and also includes pretty much everything we consume apart from healthy organic foods), we will only complain about it.
        "pics or stfu" - R.I.P. Steve "Jibgolly" James

Comment

• floridaorange
          • Dec 2005

I think we will, not sure when, but I do think the time is coming. Things can't continue the way they are in terms of the inequality and the inability to represent the will of the people in Washington.

Comment

• ddr
            DUDERZ get a life!!!
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by floridaorange
            I think we will, not sure when, but I do think the time is coming. Things can't continue the way they are in terms of the inequality and the inability to represent the will of the people in Washington.
            certainly hope you are right my friend
            "pics or stfu" - R.I.P. Steve "Jibgolly" James

Comment

• vinnie97
              Are you Kidding me??
              • Jul 2007

That's certainly one version of the truth (concerning the cause of ballooning deficits and a shrunken middle class). What's deafeningly clear is the historical shellacking that was just levied against the 6 years of malaise overseen by the progressives (it took the apathetic bastards long enough!). My only regret is that dinosaurs like McCain, McConnell, and Graham are a part of that group. They'll likely squander it and continue to push for Middle East interventionism and rubberstamp Barack's every unconstitutional EO. I suspect this place will go quiet in mourning for a week.

Comment

• vinnie97
                Are you Kidding me??
                • Jul 2007

Yea, I wonder if they'll listen to the will of the people rejecting the statist notion that they must buy health insurance from a private insurer or else. Fat chance. Another fascist edict with which we're stuck until the revolution comes.

Comment

• Illuminate
                  DUDERZ get a life!!!
                  • Aug 2009

Don't you believe this so called 'gap' is expanding, not contracting? I certainly believe there are greater households making much more money/deriving incomes from investsments/work than ever before (Millionaire Households Back to Pre-Recession Levels
                  ).

They tried and tested continually this whole revolution/evolution crap for a certain periods of time; last I remember was this whole 'Occupy' movement. Unfortunately, it is people like me who despise this so called short term parabola of trying to radicalise the overall monetary/economic systems.

Take a look at the current mid-terms as an example, Obama is about to be inundated and so is the democratic approvals; supposedly he was meant to be the 'change' or the face of equality. That only lasted 1.5 terms.

The One contains the Many, and the Many contains the One:
                  Sbando
                  - You Will Be Missed.

"Mankind has the propensity to fuck itself up on anything it lays its hands on."
                  Feather

"Who moderates this forum and makes these decisions? Stevie Wonder?"
                  Bob
                  "i'd give her a muscle she doesn't have "
                  the banned1

"I love you Illuminate... that's divine/creator/God in me loving the origin of you."
                  KiwiTollway

Comment

• nelinho
                    Are you Kidding me??
                    • Sep 2011

What a scary place to be..sorry

You'll have ethnic tensions and everyone seems to have guns.

Comment

• res0nat0r
                      Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                      • May 2006

Originally posted by vinnie97
                      Yea, I wonder if they'll listen to the will of the people rejecting the statist notion that they must buy health insurance from a private insurer or else. Fat chance. Another fascist edict with which we're stuck until the revolution comes.
                      lol

Comment

• floridaorange
                        • Dec 2005

Originally posted by nelinho

yep.

Comment

• floridaorange
                          • Dec 2005

If I was in wealth management, I certainly would want my clients to believe the time is NOW to get rich. Doesn't mean the poor aren't getting poorer.

http://www.newsweek.com/janet-yellen...y-world-282096

The report’s takeaway: “At extreme levels, income inequality can harm sustained economic growth over long periods. The U.S. is approaching that threshold.”

New data continue to raise eyebrows: development nonprofit Oxfam International, in an October 29 report titled “Even It Up: Time to End Extreme Inequality,” said the number of global billionaires has more doubled since the financial crisis, to 1,645 individuals. Those people, including Gates, now have as much wealth as do 3.5 billion people, or half the planet, OxFam said, adding that “the gap between the rich and the poor is spiralling out of control.”

But it’s not just left-leaning ideologues who are concerned. In a blurb on the Oxfam report, Andrew Haldane, chief economist for the Bank of England, said that “there is rising evidence that extreme inequality harms, durably and significantly, the stability of the financial system and growth in the economy.” Nobel laureate economist Joseph Stiglitz had his own blurb: “The extreme inequalities in incomes and assets we see in much of the world today harms our economies, our societies and undermines our politics.”

Comment

• res0nat0r
                            Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                            • May 2006

Originally posted by nelinho

I do think this fear is a bit overblown. The Republican sweep (just like 2010) is due mostly to voter apathy in non presidential year elections. Mostly old white people voted yesterday which is why this happened (again). Minorities, women and young people didn't vote, so the small vocal minority made things happen again.

We'll see what happens in the next presidential election and it will be interesting to see if the sustained gridlock idiocy will continue for the next two years, or like some are predicting and Rand Paul even said yesterday: send a bunch of stuff to the President we know he will hate and make him sweat. I think if your main goal is to fuck over the other guy vs. trying to meet somewhere in the middle you are part of the problem...

Comment

• vinnie97
                              Are you Kidding me??
                              • Jul 2007

lol indeed, always the other guy's fault. We just didn't bamboozle enough of the low-infos to get them on our commie progressive bandwagon. We blameless! NC had a record turnout and dumped that Obama clone on her ass.

Enjoy your "free" healthcare:

PremiumIncreasesKowalski.jpg

Comment

Working...