X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • runningman
    Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
    • Jun 2004

Is it just me or??

Doesn't it seem funny that the Republicans went down kind of without a fight. Also Bush is being so generous to Obama for a smooth transition. What does Bush care about a smooth transition? I mean McCain pulled out of Michigan long before it was over and speaking with many Michiganders they feel McCain could have been able to win because the State is so sick of (D) Gov Jennifer Granholm. I mean I'm not going into conspiracy land but I know one thing is that I don't trust Bush. Gore Vidal has the same gut feeling as me.

• toasty
    Sir Toastiness
    • Jun 2004

Re: Is it just me or??

Originally posted by runningman
    Doesn't it seem funny that the Republicans went down kind of without a fight.
    They might have slouched towards the finish line in the presidential race, but they certainly did not when it came to congressional seats. I gather that the GOP figured out that McCain was hosed well before the end of the race, and they began trying to stop the bleeding in down-ticket races and prevent the Dems from getting a filibuster-proof majority in the Senate. Some of the most nasty ads in the Senate campaigns were funded by the RNC, not the candidates' individual committees.

And without the money of the RNC to back him up, McCain lacked the resources to compete with Obama through traditional means, and his ground game wasn't ever in the same league as Obama's.

Basically, they traded the presidency for the chance to hold down losses in Congress and avoid doing any more damage to the GOP brand nationally. My opinion, anyway...

Comment

• Miroslav
      WHOA I can change this!1!
      • Apr 2006

Re: Is it just me or??

Every outgoing administration has to hold meetings with the new administration coming in to transition basic knowledge, roles, responsibilities, etc. They are all still citizens of this nation and they do not stop being judged just because they are done leading the nation; why would they want to sabotage the next administration? Don't read so much into it.
      mixes: www.waxdj.com/miroslav

Comment

Working...