X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • runningman
    Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
    • Jun 2004

Re: It's offical.US in Recession

go for it. I would be happy to see the results. What are we competing for again??

Comment

• phuck'm-up
      MCast Resident DJ
      • Jan 2008

Originally posted by runningman
      go for it. I would be happy to see the results. What are we competing for again??
      I think maybe chopped head vs. Hanging. Which one would be the lesser of the two. I mean if you had to choose?
      https://soundcloud.com/bass00monkey/aquanaun_rebirth_club_controler_demo_a_real_dj_featuring_eddie_golds_fly_away_with_k_major

Comment

• runningman
        Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
        • Jun 2004

tied to a post and shoot.

Oh what do we do now Miro??
        CNBC Utilities Page, Politics, Markets, Stock markets, Commodity markets, Currency markets, Bonds, US Top News and Analysis, US Homepage, stocks, Make It, Currencies, Futures & Commodities, business news

Keep giving the banks more money so they won't give it to anybody on the street. I don't know anybody right now that has been granted a loan for small business in Michigan. Where is all this money???

check out this propaganda

Huge Job Losses Could Be Signal That Worst Is Over
        Once the initial knee-jerk doom-and-gloom reaction is over, something resembling optimism will prevail in the conclusion that the worst is over for the economy.

what a crock of shit

Comment

• Miroslav
          WHOA I can change this!1!
          • Apr 2006

CNBC Utilities Page, Politics, Markets, Stock markets, Commodity markets, Currency markets, Bonds, US Top News and Analysis, US Homepage, stocks, Make It, Currencies, Futures & Commodities, business news

Keep giving the banks more money so they won't give it to anybody on the street. I don't know anybody right now that has been granted a loan for small business in Michigan.
          We don't need to give banks more money. Many smaller and more poorly capitalized banks will fail, and we should let them. We have already given the important players the sufficient support to avert the collapse of the entire financial infrastructure.

And what we do now is primarily this:
          1. We try to provide whatever tax break and fiscal policy benefits we can to put more resources into peoples' hands.
          2. We try to develop government-sponsored job corps as quickly as possible, like we did during the Great Depression. Government spending is a crucial lever during recession.
          3. We strengthen other national systems to feed people and give them basic resources. That means bread lines and all that shit we did during the Great Depression.
          4. We hunker down, tough it out, and wait. When losses are realized, asset values will again become transparent, trust between remaining market participants will grow, and economic stability will slowly return. That probably won't be until 1-2 years from now.

You didn't expect the bailout to cause everything to go back to normal and banks to lend like they used to, did you? Sorry dude...that was never in the cards. We're in the heaviest recession since the Great Depression and most of the carnage lies ahead of us, not behind us. I never said this wasn't going to hurt a lot.

Once the initial knee-jerk doom-and-gloom reaction is over, something resembling optimism will prevail in the conclusion that the worst is over for the economy.

what a crock of shit
          Agreed, it is a crock of shit. I don't think we've reached the bottom in terms of deleveraging of the consumer and the unwinding of overvalued assets. Worst is still ahead. We will lose millions of jobs in 2009.

Here's my counterpoint article:

Job Picture Could Get Even Worse
          mixes: www.waxdj.com/miroslav

Comment

• Localizer
            Platinum Poster
            • Jul 2004

Keep giving the banks more money so they won't give it to anybody on the street. I don't know anybody right now that has been granted a loan for small business in Michigan. Where is all this money???

what a crock of shit
            It's called 'consolidation'. Big companies eat little companies and since some of the bankers sit on the fed/treasury, they'll do as they please with the infusion of money. They like to cut the grass and eventually more small banks will grow again and once again down the road, bankers will seize the opportunity to consolidate more companies. Call it natural selection in the business world.
            Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so.
            -Bertrand Russell

Comment

• phuck'm-up
              MCast Resident DJ
              • Jan 2008

castration could be an option. then who would have the balls......
              https://soundcloud.com/bass00monkey/aquanaun_rebirth_club_controler_demo_a_real_dj_featuring_eddie_golds_fly_away_with_k_major

Comment

Working...