X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • runningman
    Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
    • Jun 2004

Re: Nobel Peace Prize 2010

I just watched John Pilger's new film - The War You Don't See. It is about the media and how they are very, very easily manipulated. They basically dont' do any investigating at all and simply rely on "credible sources" which turn out to not be very credible at all.

Rather than reading Chomsky you should check that film out.

Comment

• chunky
      Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
      • Jan 2006

John Pilger is one of the people who put Julian Assange's bail money up
      Originally posted by res0nat0r
      OK Lets All Stroke Ron Pauls Cock On 3!

Comment

• dig72
        Gold Gabber
        • Nov 2004

Originally posted by vinnie97
        Perhaps it's a history that goes back to WWI/WWII, when we realized that isolationism was failing and could no longer be relied upon after all the human losses. After that (in part to prevent the conditions that caused such instability), we became proactive interventionists to the extreme. It seems we're on the tail end of that now.

The results haven't always been a disaster...Chile turned out nice.
        Thanks for the response and I've got a couple more questions please.

Do you believe it be an old school thought or do the younger generation feel the same way? And also, do the leaders, parents or education system push that belief onto students or is it picked up along the way via MSM?

Cheers
        “A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear.”
        Marcus Tullius Cicero

Comment

• Shpira
          Angry Boy Child
          • Oct 2006

Originally posted by vinnie97
          So you'll agree the UN needs dismantling then, because they were ultimately used as the tool to justify the Iraqi invasion (at least 17 violations, the WMD accusations were the final straw used to break the camel's back...and it is a known fact he used chemical weapons against certain ethnic sects). Life in Iraq under Saddam wasn't peaches either. If you were a loud political dissident, a lifetime of prison would be the best you could expect.

Yes, all of these can be used as convenient scapegoats for the invasion to shield the more selfish reasons for invasion. I'm not denying that. But you only see it from a single perspective as well. That boogeyman Bin Laden (whose Iraqi connections were tenuous at best) could have been killed on multiple occasions, but I agree he was kept alive for more sinister reasons. To bring a police state home domestically and to further justify foreign invasion of sovereign lands. What is the hidden hand here? The trillionaire power-mongers at the top of the food chain who are manipulating the once most powerful country of the 21st/20th century? It doesn't seem like a purely partisan issue anymore.

Right back atcha', Shpira.

You are talking non sense again...its like the whole thing just goes swoosh over your head.
          Lets start with basics first:

and then just like Bin Laden the US actually supported Saddam...

As I said before some of the US citizens need to go abroad so that they can actually learn their own history...do you guys have the internet censored as well?

Quite honestly I am done with this...I will get pissed off and start insulting people because I can't deal with wilful ignorance.

So peace have fun...and don't forget to bring a towel.
          The Idiots ARE Winning.

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."
          Mark Twain

SOBRIETY MIX

Comment

• Shpira
            Angry Boy Child
            • Oct 2006

Originally posted by runningman
            I just watched John Pilger's new film - The War You Don't See. It is about the media and how they are very, very easily manipulated. They basically dont' do any investigating at all and simply rely on "credible sources" which turn out to not be very credible at all.

Rather than reading Chomsky you should check that film out.
            lol
            The Idiots ARE Winning.

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."
            Mark Twain

SOBRIETY MIX

Comment

• runningman
              Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
              • Jun 2004

well let's face it what has Chomsky really done to change the Earth. He just sits there and gives lectures but never participates in anything.

What a waste of what appears to be a great mind.

Comment

• Jenks
                I'm kind of a big deal.
                • Jun 2004

Chomsky is a pussy.

Comment

• Shpira
                  Angry Boy Child
                  • Oct 2006

^^always insightful and thought provoking.
                  The Idiots ARE Winning.

Mark Twain

SOBRIETY MIX

Comment

Working...