X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Huggie Smiles
    Anyone have Styx livesets?
    • Jun 2004

Re: Forthcoming releases

DJ/producer Ellen Allien's eclectic and innovative record label, BPitch Control, which has released illustrious artists like Ben Klock, Apparat, Modeselektor, and Sascha Funke, will turn 12 years old next year, and the label head has a special release planned to commemorate the occasion. On January 31, BPitch will release Werkschau (that's German for "showcase"), a 17-song compilation album that spans the label's entire release history with a heavy focus on the "Made in Berlin" techno sound. The album's tracklist includes old and new gems from production outfits like Jahcoozi, Telefon Tel Aviv, Mr. Statik, and Allien herself, among others. You can check out Werkschau's full tracklist and cover art below.

1. Cormac - The Present
    2. Ellen Allien - The Kiss
    3. We Love - Harmony Of The Spheres
    4. Dillon & Coma - Aiming For Destruction
    5. AGF/Delay - Most Beautiful Kill
    6. TimTim - How We Moove
    7. Sascha Funke - Hiddensee
    8. Kiki & Lenz - Morning Maniacs
    9. Zander VT - Gotta Look Up To Get Down
    10. Jahcoozi - Day In Day Out
    11. Mr. Statik - Sinphony feat. The Boy
    12. Aérea Negrot - Deutsche Werden
    13. Thomas Muller - West
    14. Chaim - The Country
    15. Paul Kalkbrenner - Plätscher
    16. Mark Broom - Refund
    17. Telefon Tel Aviv - The Sky Is Black feat. Robin Guthrie

from here: http://www.xlr8r.com/news/2010/11/bp...ease-label-spa
    ....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
      • Jun 2004

Left-field electronic artist Huntley Miller, AKA Cepia, has a self-titled album ready for release in December.

The new LP will be Miller's second full-length to date, following 2008's Natura Morta. RA's Daniel Bates described that record as hinting at "melancholy, fragility" and "long periods of reflection," and Cepia conjures up similar feelings, thanks to loads of emotive arpeggios and ambient backdrops. Another defining characteristic is Miller's reliance on broken beats, which have previously earned him the title of IDM, though he's expressed discomfort with the term. Though almost all of his music to date has been released on Ghostly International, Cepia shows Miller going rogue: it will be the first release on his new personal record label, Cepia Music.

Tracklist
      01. Untitled III
      02. Ithaca
      03. Hootenanny
      04. Hype Man
      05. Year to Year
      06. Public Address
      07. Incurvatus in se
      08. Me And My Gin
      09. You Don't Know What It Means To Win
      10. Cord

Cepia Music will release Cepia on December 7th, 2010.

The Minnesota-based artist will self-release his next album in early December.
      ....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
        • Jun 2004

Full album preview
        Decimal - Lost In A Dark Place [SomaCD085] 1. Temple March 2. Forgotten Requiem 3. Simulation 4. A Physical Sense Of Time 5. Tightly Wound 6. Soulchamber 7. Melody Attack 8. Ghost 9. V

Beatport £7.83 (+ VAT)

Soma Shop £6.99 MP3, £10 CD (inc. VAT)

Decimal - Lost In A Dark Place {Soma}

After releasing several EPs on the label so far, including the mammoth Babylon track at the tail end of 2008, Soma welcomes Decimal’s debut album, Lost In A Dark Place to the imprint. In amongst constructing his long player he has been beavering away with side projects too, releasing as Aberrant on Radioslave’s Rek’d, plus solo EPs on Material Series, Mihalis Safras’ label and Dustin Zahn’s Enemy Records. These previous releases have brought his music to the attention of some of the world's most influential and respected DJs, listeners, and to the ears of thousands of clubbers and fans. Having had a brief break from solo work in late 2009 and early 2010, Decimal concentrated on his album, refining his style and taking influence from past productions and experiences to create a modern definition of Detroit and Chicago sounds.
        Years of experience as a live performance artist has given him an edge that brims with an unrestrained energy that drives beyond the normal club environment. The relentless forward energy, surprising directions, and powerful vibes of the Decimal sound have led him to tour across the US and abroad where he has stamped his mark on the global electronic scene.
        Decimal starts his album with a suitable mystery. Temple March has an inquisitive melody that treads throughout the track while restrained percussive changes play around a bumping groove that welcomes us to Lost In A Dark Place. The first single taken from the album and the track that Slam have been caning, Forgotten Requiem, is a brute. Piano riffs rise through jacking percussion and are joined by intense strings culminating in a peak time weapon of choice. Simulation nudges the tempo down, but not the tension. There is a definite old-skool feel to this track through instrumentation choice and chord progression. From the intro a picture of the Eastern world is painted through A Physical Sense of Time, although once a broken beat provide the rhythm to the track, it recoils into a discordant excursion. Unnerving in presence and challenging to the ear A Physical Sense of Time confirms the darker edge of Decimal.
        Tightly Wound brings a real dancefloor type trippyness to the album, shuffling percussion ducks and dives in and around pitching bass and hovering synths. Intensity grows leading up to the break and grabs attention with a brilliant reintroduction of infectious rhythm. Following is Soulchamber, a grooving tech-house grinder. Emerging from depths of this track comes an insistent, yet optimistic melody, that carries the listener up and away. Melody Attack is possibly the ‘biggest’ track on the album and provides a noteworthy crowd pleaser. Weighty sub-bass sits below a brooding synthline hinted with portamento. Ghost is quite simply all about the bass. Twisted and rumbling low-end drives through the track, while a spliced and pitched vocal combine perfectly with a warm chord. A squelching synth filters up and down urging the most of the warped bass. Slow and sultry is flavour of the day on Vasatis Black Mask. Tickling percussion lies amongst sporadic and melancholy chords, and a steady stabbing rhythm creates a low slung groove. Closing the album is the delightfully crafted The Lesson Of Hope. Playing to the early morning sounds that one could depart dreams to, this piece oozes optimism and hope, and shows the flip side of Decimal’s dime. It is both the last piece of music to hear before slumber and the first to listen to on a bright, new dawn.

Laurent Garnier - “full of lovely things in there...this sounds great "

SLAM - “excellent 5/5”

Hernan Cattaneo – “very good stuff”

Stephan Bodzin – “just good music. thanks so much for this release. no fav so far. all great!”
        Last edited by Huggie Smiles; November 22, 2010, 05:45:07 PM.

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
          • Jun 2004

Crosstown Rebels Present Rebel Rave: 3cd

Crosstown Rebel's owner Damian Lazarus chooses some of the label's more recent releases in celebration of the label's seven-year history at the helm of cutting edge dance music.
          Spanning three discs, featuring two discs of rebel favourites from artists such as Seth Troxler, Jamie Jones, Glimpse, Laurent Garnier and Peace Division. The third disc is a special DJ mix by Clive Henry (Peace Division / DC 10 Resident) featuring some unique re-edits and mash-up's of Crosstown's past present and future, in a truly unique DJ Mix.
          Rebel Rave also showcases the talents of some of Crosstown's new talent, including Deniz Kurtel, Glimpse, Maceo Plex and Soul Clap. The musical diversity on Disc 1 & 2 ranges from early dubstep (Shackleton 'Next To Nothing'), pure classic sounding house from an house master (Dyed Soundorom & Aaron Carl 'Naked'), to space disco (Brennan Green's take on Luke Solomon's 'Demons'), to the Laurent Garnier's anthemic 'Stargazing'.
          Includes unreleased exclusive tracks: Gadi (Wolf + Lamb) remix of Love Never Sleeps by Seth Toxler / Nicolas Jaar remix of Gravy Train by Maceo Plex / Rebel Rave Edit of Stargazing by Laurent Garnier Damian Lazarus has compiled and mixed several DJ Mixes and compilations from City Rockers and Rebel Futurism to his latest Fabric Mix.

• disc 1

• 1. Party Guilt - Royal We (The)
            • 2. Yeah - Deniz Kurtel & Guests Of Nature
            • 3. Love Never Sleeps [Gadi Mizrahi remix] - Seth Troxler
            • 4. If I Was Your Girl [Simon Baker piano mix] - Glimpse
            • 5. Naked - Dyed Soundorom & Aaron Carl
            • 6. Inferno Jack [Anja Schneider remix] - Butane
            • 7. Demons [Brennan Green remix] - Luke Solomon
            • 8. Escandalo - Chic Miniature
            • 9. Far Away - Mlle. Caro & Franck Garcia
            • 10. Action/Satisfaction - Soul Clap
            • 11. Gravy Train [Nicolas Jaar remix] - Maceo Plex

disc 2

• 1. Hitchhikers Choice - Minilogue
            • 2. Fables And Fairytales [Deniz Kurtel remix] - N/A & Rosina
            • 3. Voodoo - Peace Division & Pleasant Gehman
            • 4. Tuesday Paranoia - Jennifer Cardini & Shonky
            • 5. You - Jamie Jones
            • 6. She's The One - Hiem
            • 7. Don't Sleep [Tiefschwarz remix] - Riz MC
            • 8. Does It Feel Good Baby [vocal mix] - Rob Mello
            • 9. One Thing More - Different Gear
            • 10. Stargazing [Rebel Rave edit] - Laurent Garnier
            • 11. Next To Nothing - Shackleton & Jackson Del Ray

disc 3

• 1. Snack Attack/Safari - George Thompson/Andre Kraml
            • 2. Circuits/Polaris - Pier Bucci/Dan Berkson
            • 3. Love Never Sleeps/Love Never Sleeps [Par Grindvik remix/Clive Henry & Alex Arnout remix] - Seth Troxler
            • 4. Party Guilt [a capella/Matt Styles remix] - Royal We (The)
            • 5. Beautiful Eva/Yeah - Dyed Soundorom & Deniz Kurtel
            • 6. If I Was Your Girl [Tom Demac's Hotel Basement remix/Clive Henry & Alex Arnout remix] - Glimpse
            • 7. Acerola/Tuesday Paranoia - Jamie Jones/Jennifer Cardini
            • 8. Key/One Thing More [Clive Henry & Alex Arnout remix/a capella mix] - Frankie Flowerz/Different Gear
            • 9. If I Was Your Girl [Beats mix] - Glimpse
            • 10. No Junk No Soul/Inferno Jack/One More Thing - Peace Division/Butane/Different Gear
            • 11. Next To Nothing [Exercise One remix] - Shackleton
            • 12. Naked/Naked [a capella mix] - Dyed Soundorom
            • 13. Mexico - Jamie Jones

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
            • Jun 2004

Saint Germain Cafe - Blue Edition (2CD)- Mixed by Mr Scruff / Ninja Tunes

Track Listing for Saint Germain Cafe - Blue Edition (2CD)
            CD1
            1. Blundetto Feat. Hindi Zahra - Voices
            2. Aloe Blacc - Miss Fortune
            3. Joe Dukie & DJ Fitchie Feat. Fat Freddy's Drop - This Room
            4. Julien Dyne Feat. Mara TK - Layer
            5. Bibio - Jealous Of Roses
            6. Blackjoy with Aqeel - Downtown Jenny
            7. Space Invadas - Imaginist
            8. Kero One - Check The Blueprints
            9. Suff Daddy - Join The Club
            10. Dafuniks Feat. Elias - Hello, I Love You
            11. Seu Jorge & Almaz - Everybody Loves The Sunshine
            12. CFCF - Invitation to Love
            13. Mayer Hawthorne - Green Eyed Love (Classixx Remix)
            14. Hint Feat. Laura Vane - One Woman Army
            15. Dee Edwards - Why Can't There Be Love (Pilooski Edit)
            16. Ben Westbeech - So Good Today (Yoruba Soul Remix)
            17. Milez Benjiman - All The People
            18. Jose James - Desire (Moodyman Remix)
            19. Stateless - Bloodstream

CD2 - Ninja Tune's Mix By Mr Scruff
            1. Homelife - Fair-Weather Friend
            2. DJ Food - Consciousness
            3. Mr. Scruff - Bass Baby
            4. Pest - Chicken Spit
            5. London Funk Allstars - Never Can Get Enough
            6. The Herbaliser - Moon Sequence (Radio Silence)
            7. Treva Whateva - Singalong
            8. The Poets Of Rhythm - Survival Of The Freshest
            9. Luke Vibert - Get Your Head Down
            10. Chocolate Weasel - Music for Body lockers (Reworked From Shatners Bassoon)
            11. DJ Vadim feat. Demolition - Up To Jah
            12. Bonobo - Flutter
            13. Chris Bowden - Beautiful Nasty (4 Hero Remix)
            14. DJ Food - Scratch Yer Head (Squarepusher Remix)
            15. Amon Tobin - Chomp Samba
            16. Cinematic Orchestra - Channel 1 Suite
            17. TY - We Don't Care
            18. Roots Manuva - Juggle Tings Proper
            19. DJ Food - Nocturne

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
              • Jun 2004

Kompakt will release its next Pop Ambient compilation at the end of January.

The CD features many of Pop Ambients' usual suspects, including Thomas Fehlmann, Mikkel Metal and label co-founders Wolfgang Voigt and Juergen Paape. bvdub makes a return appearance after debuting on the series last year, and Joerg Burger (AKA The Modernist) appears under his most ambient moniker, Triola. The album kicks off with a cut from Raster Noton artist Alva Noto and former Einsturzende Neubauten member Blixa Bargeld, who work together under the name ANBB. Also featured is Daniel Ansorge, AKA Barnt, one of the co-founders of Magazine, a Kraut rock inspired label that burst onto the Cologne scene earlier this year. Perhaps the most intriguing part of the compilation is Bhutan Tiger Rescue, a duo made up of Ewan Pearson and October that debuts here with a droning track called "Beginner's Waltz."

Tracklist
              01. ANBB / Alva Noto & Blixa Bargeld – Bernsteinzimmer
              02. Marsen Jules – Once In A Moment
              03. Triola - Dunkelraum
              04. Wolfgang Voigt – Rückverzauberung 1
              05. Bhutan Tiger Rescue – Beginner's Waltz
              06. Jürgen Paape – Ein Schöner Land
              07. bvdub – Make The Pain Go Away
              08. Crato – 30.6.1881
              09. Barnt – Libretto
              10. Mikkel Metal – The Other Side Of You
              11. Jens-Uwe Beyer – Volax
              12. Thomas Fehlmann – Titan

from resident advisor

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
                • Jun 2004

Nearly six years after the release of his last full-length album, We Are Monster, German minimal house patron Isolée has finished work on his follow-up record, which will surface next year. The 11-song Well Spent Youth is scheduled to drop on January 21 courtesy of DJ Koze's Pampa Records, and will stand as DJ/producer Rajko Müller's third album under his Isolée moniker. The album is purported to be "psychedelic" and full of analog sounds, as well as fit for both home listening and club soundsystems.

1. Paloma Triste
                2. Thirteen Times An Hour
                3. Taktell
                4. Journey's End
                5. Going Nowhere
                6. One Box
                7. Celeste
                8. Trop Près De Toi (97' Interlude)
                9. Hold On
                10. Transmission
                11. In Our Country Paloma Triste

xlr8r

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
                  • Jun 2004

Gil Scott-Heron and The-XX - We're New Here

Early this year, iconic vocalist/musician Gil Scott-Heron released I'm New Here, his first album in 13 years, on XL Recordings. Scheduled to be released over a year after that LP, We're New Here is a re-imagining of Scott-Heron's return of a record by hotly tipped producer, and member of The xx, Jamie xx. The record features 13 out of 15 songs from I'm New Here, all reworked with a heavy UK bass slant. The Young Turks imprint will drop We're New Here on February 22. You can pre-order the record here, and check out the tracklist, along with a stream/download of lead single, "NY is Killing Me," below.
                  Tracklist:
                  1. I’m New Here
                  2. Home
                  3. I’ve Been Me (Interlude)
                  4. Running
                  5. My Cloud
                  6. Certain Things (Interlude)
                  7. The Crutch
                  8. Ur Soul and Mine
                  9. Parents (Interlude)
                  10. Piano Player
                  11. NY Is Killing Me
                  12. Jazz (Interlude)
                  13. I’ll Take Care Of U

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
                    • Jun 2004

S O M A C O M P I L A T I O N 2 0 1 1

compilation mastered at http://glowcastaudio.wordpress.com

1. Dogs of Les Ilhes (Kollektiv Turmstrasse Remix) Silicone Soul 7:24

2. Cctv Nation (Slam Mix) The Black Dog 6:07

3. Can You Relate (Joris Voorn Flooding The Market With Remixes) Samuel L Session 5:39

4. Death Song Decimal 6:14

5. A Wasp In A Wig Funk D'Void & Sian 5:20

6. Nightwalker Harvey McKay 5:57

7. Enough Talk Gary Beck 6:35

8. After Hours Harvey McKay 4:39

9. Veins Funk D'Void & Sian 5:28

10. La Porte Reset Robot 6:00

11. Sunday Morning In The Church Of Bass (Leon Remix) Let's Go Outside 6:42

12. Azure (The Black Dog - Corn Beefy Mix)

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
                      • Jun 2004

Agoria - Impermanence {Infine}

InFiné proudly presents .... "Impermanence", the third album of Agoria to be released early next year.

Fast four year after its creation and the release of "Not For Piano" by Francesco tristano, Sebastien Devaud, one of the founders of InFiné has delivered the 10 tracks of his new album coming for February 2011. As it title implies, Agoria has created an album that is at the same time constantly changing while also having a unique flow and mood of its own. The album features vocal guests Carl Craig, Seth troxler, Kid A (previously heard on Balance 016 and Spitzer`s Ep) and Scalde (his vocal partner on Go Fast). « Before, my music often felt dark and maybe a bit forced. This time I just let things happen and everything just fell in its right place » says Agoria and indeed has managed to create his most intimate and alluring music yet on Impermanence.

1. Kiss My Soul (feat Kid A)
                      2. Souless Dreamer (feat Seth Troxler)
                      3. Panta Rei
                      4. Simon
                      5. Speechless (feat Carl Craig)
                      6. Grande Torino
                      7. Heart Beating (feat Kid A)
                      8. Little Shaman (whispers by Scalde)
                      9. Under The River
                      10. Libellules

Comment

• floridaorange
                        I'm merely a humble butler
                        • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Huggie Smiles
                        S O M A C O M P I L A T I O N 2 0 1 1
                        Nice, thanks for the heads up!

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
                          • Jun 2004

Marco Bailey - Dragon Man {Bedrock} - Feb 2011

minimix of album by diggers : http://www.mixcloud.com/johndigweed/...album-minimix/

MARCO BAILEY – DRAGON MAN (Bedrock) BEDMB01
                          Formats: 2xCD / Digital / 4-Track 12” EP Sampler
                          Release: 07/02/11 CD1:
                          01. Dragon Man
                          02. Bill The Trumpet Player
                          03. Rubber Band*
                          04. Run Through
                          05. Bom Bang!*
                          06. Holding The Moment
                          07. Zephyr
                          08. Break The Rules*
                          09. Beaming*
                          10. Red Cell
                          * Included on 4-Track EP Sampler
                          CD2: Mixed by Marco Bailey
                          01. Red Cell
                          02. Beaming
                          03. Rubber Band
                          04. Zephyr
                          05. Jungle Laps*
                          06. Run Through
                          07. Watergate**
                          08. Break the Rules
                          09. Bom Bang!
                          10. Bill the Trumpet Player
                          11. Dragon Man
                          12. Holding the Moment

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
                            • Jun 2004

CUT COPY - Zonoscope

Cut Copy are happy to announce the tracklisting for their upcoming LP, “Zonoscope.” Produced by the band’s Dan Whitford, it will be released February 8 in North America on CD, Deluxe CD
and 2 X Vinyl. The Deluxe CD and iTunes Deluxe Version will include a brand
new cut of the Krozm-directed documentary “Artificial Interpreter,” featuring footage not previewed on the web episodes. In addition, the Deluxe CD will come in a special Alter-designed box.

The iTunes pre-order for “Zonoscope” (both regular and deluxe versions) will start on Tuesday, December 21, and people who pre-order will receive a previously unreleased mix of “Take Me Over.”

Zonoscope Tracklisting:

1. Need You Now
                            2. Take Me Over
                            3. Where I’m Going
                            4. Pharaohs & Pyramids
                            5. Blink and You’ll Miss a Revolution
                            6. Strange Nostalgia for the Future
                            7. This is All We’ve Got
                            8. Alisa
                            9. Hanging Onto Every Heartbeat
                            10. Corner of the Sky
                            11. Sun God

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
                              • Jun 2004

James Blake has announced the tracklisting for his self-titled debut album. The album, which will be released on February 7 next year, features Blake’s cover of Feist’s ‘Limit To Your Love’.

The tracklisting of ‘James Blake’ is:
                              Unluck’
                              ‘The Wilhelm Scream’
                              ‘I Never Learnt To Share’
                              ‘Lindisfarne I’
                              ‘Lindisfarne II’
                              ‘Limit To Your Love’
                              ‘Give Me My Month’
                              ‘To Care (Like You)’
                              ‘Why Don’t You Call Me’
                              ‘I Mind’
                              ‘Measurements’

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
                                • Jun 2004

AUTOKRATZ RETURN WITH NEW EP, ALBUM 2 FOR MARCH 2011
                                & ANNOUNCE NEW RECORD LABEL ‘BAD LIFE’
                                CAT: BL1
                                Release Date: Monday 24th January
                                AutoKratz are back with the Opposite of Love EP. Having started off by releasing a string of EP’s tailor-made for pummeling dancefloors, their 2009 Kitsuné debut Animal shone like a gem at a time saturated with electronic music. Always More and Stay The Same resonated through airwaves and clubs wherever you went.
                                Fast forward to now, and Opposite of Love is as big as they come. It shows autoKratz pushing their sound further, into a mix of forceful bass, coldwave and big room sounds all contributing to create a unique modern anthem.

Comment

Working...