X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dhar_2
    meat and potatoes
    • Jun 2004

Re: Lee Burridge

First page updated with Lee Burridge - Live @ Freak 'n' Chic, Le Batofar, Paris, France - 06-08-09

Comment

• benchristopher
      Addiction started
      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Dhar_2
      First page updated with Lee Burridge - Live @ Freak 'n' Chic, Le Batofar, Paris, France - 06-08-09
      Will love the guy who will find out what's track number 10 (56 min) in this set. One of the most awesome tracks i've heard for a while. Has some elements of Oliver Klein - High Roller but much better

Comment

• microfunk
        Getting warmed up
        • Oct 2008

LEE_BURRIDGE_LIVE_at_REDNOFIVE_9_11_01.mp3
        is original name of mp3

Lee Burridge - Live @ Red No 5, Chicago, USA - 09-11-01
        this date is wrong

september 2001 corect

tnx for spundae la 2001 and..
        thomsen is 2001

Comment

• Dhar_2
          meat and potatoes
          • Jun 2004

so the date is 11-09-01?

Comment

• chunky
            Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
            • Jan 2006

That La Mania set from 2005 is fuck excellent. I played this on my journey to the airport this morning.
            Originally posted by res0nat0r
            OK Lets All Stroke Ron Pauls Cock On 3!

Comment

• microfunk
              Getting warmed up
              • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Dhar_2
              so the date is 11-09-01?
              yep 11-09-2001

Comment

• chunky
                Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                • Jan 2006

Tyrant are @ The Lovefest Weekender in San Francisco 02/10/2009. I don't think they have done anything together for sometime. Hopefully this will get recorded
                Last edited by chunky; September 2, 2009, 11:20:12 AM.

Comment

• Dhar_2
                  meat and potatoes
                  • Jun 2004

if i had or could find either of their emails i would be bombarding them now with pleas!

Comment

• chunky
                    Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                    • Jan 2006

Great interview on Lee's myspace. Why don't they ask Digweed these questions ?

A recent Interview in Romania

1.What was the most wicked night when u got the most fucked up ever?

So many to choose from. I remember once in Thailand, we had been rocking out for three days and had dropped loads of Acid. We were in a club called The Backyard' which is up in the jungle. It really is a huge shack that doesn't have walls, just pillars holding up the roof and a large balcony that looked down from the hill onto a beach. The decks and mixer are set up and a snooker table and the speakers regularly caught fire or blew up. It's really cool. I wasn't DJing but my friend was.I was with another friend having fun, laughing and hanging out. The acid was really strong and when I looked up everyone had vanished apart from their eyeballs. So I'm in the club with three hundred pairs of eyes surrounding me and I start to get a bit weird. I decided to concentrate on the back of the bass speaker for a while and watch it vibrating. Eventually everyone returned at which point I look at my friend DJing. He decided (unwisely) at that point to try and mix 3 records together. Bad idea! So there he is with his headphones all twisted round his head, straining, and the three tracks mixing badly together sounding like a drum kit being kicked down the stairs. He had this deranged look on his face which said 'please help me' when CRACK!!! the headphones broke and flew off his head in different directions. The drum kit continued to clank and clatter down the stairs and my friend looked wildly around him for the remnants of the exploded headphones. He found one side with the tiniest piece of plastic attached to hold on to and proceeded to try and save the mix. He pulled down two of the faders and then ........silence! The third fader he left up was the record that had just finished. I, as a concerned friend was rolling around on the floor crying with laughter. That was a rather fucked up day/night!

2. Did u ever had sex in the DJ booth?

Yes. It's on my rider that the promoter must supply one sex girl everywhere I play to do naughty stuff to me in the DJ booth.

3. What was the craziest gift u ever received from Bill?

He was one of the sex girls. That's actually how we met, while he was giving me his gift.

4. If u would be forced to play in a club's restroom, what would u play?

Trance, as that music belongs in the toilet.

5. Describe Peanut in three words and tell me who loves her the most.

Ball
                    Turkey
                    Sleep
                    That's her life. She is by far the cutest dog ever. Who loves her the most? Anyone who meets her apart from Mexican people as she's a racist and growls and bites Mexicans. We don't know why.

6. What's your biggest dream at the moment?

To help Bill make it and get the recognition he deserves. Also doing that weightless thing in a plane where they simulate zero gravity would be pretty cool.

7. What do you think about Bill? Describe him.

He has an amazing taste in music and is my favorite victim to pick on when we are partying. He has trouble pronouncing the two words "Iraqi War" when fucked up. He says...IWAKI WAAAHH. He is just as bad and irresponsible as me which is good. He really will be a famous DJ in the next few years. He loves Desperate Housewives and Star Trek the next generation and believes in Ghosts. He faints if he sees blood and is scared of mice. He told me once that he liked a Shakira song and always cries when he watches Mrs Doubtfire (just like Little Mike). His favorite color is beige. He joined the Scientologists because he wanted to meet Tom Cruise. When he was growing up he liked to pretend he was Maverick from Top Gun when he was playing vollyball on Long island beach and that lead to the life long obsession he has with Tom to this very day. He used to have sign that said 'TUNE!' on one side and 'It's not over yet' on the other that he put above his head at the Paul Oakenfold parties he went to. When him and his friends DJ'd under the name 'the 112 crew' Bill was the number 2. He never logs off of Myspace and has an unhealthy obsession with Beef Jerky.

8. What was your last nightmare? (not in real life – but like dreaming nasty stuff)

I don't go to sleep so don't have them! I actually had a DJ dream/nightmare that comes back every now and again. It's always me DJing in fromt of lots of people but all I can find are bad records and I spend so long looking for a good record that the one playing finished and it's silent and I then put on another bad one. Was that a dream?

9. What have you ate at the sea side?
                    E's, branches and leaves.

10. What's the thing you dislike most at a hotel room?

I'll tell you about the hotel at the Black Sea Coast. I'd been awake and partying Friday night in Dublin and then flew to Bucharest. I drove down to La Mania and played from around 3 am until 1 pm. We then ended up at kudos where Bill and I played for another 10 hours until 1 am when we decided to go out to Marco Corolla. Around 5 am Monday morning Bill and I realized we were very hungry but had no money so a very kind dance music fan purchased us some food in the super market which we then took back to my room. It was then I realized the sun was coming up...shit!...the curtains are so white in the rooms of the hotel that it's actually darker sleeping with them open!.I hate white curtains!!!

11. What's the worst thing that could happen to you while playing? And what do you dislike the most while playing?

I dislike nothing. I love playing. When I used to play in Thailand the equipment was so ghetto that I used to get electric shocks every ten minutes. That was pretty bad!

12. Who's your current superstar?

The man who bought Bill and I food outside the Supermarket

13. Who's the worst DJ you ever heard playing?

Hmm...so many to chose from. I would say any of the DJ's who play from the wallet not from the heart. If you want names I think Judge Jules is pretty terrible.

Comment

• mades
                      Gold Gabber
                      • Jun 2008

Date: Tuesday, May 22, 2007

hehe kinda old .. but funny answers, probably something noone would expect him to say. And why not, who cares if it's true or not, its funny as hell The part with Judge Jules and trance is sadly true (Jules & Tong, two of the worst famous djs).

Comment

• azaptia
                        Getting Somewhere
                        • Nov 2006

This is a great post! great collection of Burridge
                        Just to add I dont think this set Lee Burridge & Sasha - Live @ Barra Vieja Beach Guerrero, Mexico - 01-01-05
                        is legit, the mixing is messy and track selection is mash up but I could be wrong though?

The fabric set from 2005 looks tasty, anyone listened to it yet?

Comment

• Dhar_2
                          meat and potatoes
                          • Jun 2004

of course!

Comment

• Dhar_2
                            meat and potatoes
                            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by chunky
                            Great interview on Lee's myspace. Why don't they ask Digweed these questions ?

A recent Interview in Romania

1.What was the most wicked night when u got the most fucked up ever?

So many to choose from. I remember once in Thailand, we had been rocking out for three days and had dropped loads of Acid. We were in a club called The Backyard' which is up in the jungle. It really is a huge shack that doesn't have walls, just pillars holding up the roof and a large balcony that looked down from the hill onto a beach. The decks and mixer are set up and a snooker table and the speakers regularly caught fire or blew up. It's really cool. I wasn't DJing but my friend was.I was with another friend having fun, laughing and hanging out. The acid was really strong and when I looked up everyone had vanished apart from their eyeballs. So I'm in the club with three hundred pairs of eyes surrounding me and I start to get a bit weird. I decided to concentrate on the back of the bass speaker for a while and watch it vibrating. Eventually everyone returned at which point I look at my friend DJing. He decided (unwisely) at that point to try and mix 3 records together. Bad idea! So there he is with his headphones all twisted round his head, straining, and the three tracks mixing badly together sounding like a drum kit being kicked down the stairs. He had this deranged look on his face which said 'please help me' when CRACK!!! the headphones broke and flew off his head in different directions. The drum kit continued to clank and clatter down the stairs and my friend looked wildly around him for the remnants of the exploded headphones. He found one side with the tiniest piece of plastic attached to hold on to and proceeded to try and save the mix. He pulled down two of the faders and then ........silence! The third fader he left up was the record that had just finished. I, as a concerned friend was rolling around on the floor crying with laughter. That was a rather fucked up day/night!

2. Did u ever had sex in the DJ booth?

Yes. It's on my rider that the promoter must supply one sex girl everywhere I play to do naughty stuff to me in the DJ booth.

3. What was the craziest gift u ever received from Bill?

He was one of the sex girls. That's actually how we met, while he was giving me his gift.

4. If u would be forced to play in a club's restroom, what would u play?

Trance, as that music belongs in the toilet.

5. Describe Peanut in three words and tell me who loves her the most.

Ball
                            Turkey
                            Sleep
                            That's her life. She is by far the cutest dog ever. Who loves her the most? Anyone who meets her apart from Mexican people as she's a racist and growls and bites Mexicans. We don't know why.

6. What's your biggest dream at the moment?

To help Bill make it and get the recognition he deserves. Also doing that weightless thing in a plane where they simulate zero gravity would be pretty cool.

7. What do you think about Bill? Describe him.

He has an amazing taste in music and is my favorite victim to pick on when we are partying. He has trouble pronouncing the two words "Iraqi War" when fucked up. He says...IWAKI WAAAHH. He is just as bad and irresponsible as me which is good. He really will be a famous DJ in the next few years. He loves Desperate Housewives and Star Trek the next generation and believes in Ghosts. He faints if he sees blood and is scared of mice. He told me once that he liked a Shakira song and always cries when he watches Mrs Doubtfire (just like Little Mike). His favorite color is beige. He joined the Scientologists because he wanted to meet Tom Cruise. When he was growing up he liked to pretend he was Maverick from Top Gun when he was playing vollyball on Long island beach and that lead to the life long obsession he has with Tom to this very day. He used to have sign that said 'TUNE!' on one side and 'It's not over yet' on the other that he put above his head at the Paul Oakenfold parties he went to. When him and his friends DJ'd under the name 'the 112 crew' Bill was the number 2. He never logs off of Myspace and has an unhealthy obsession with Beef Jerky.

8. What was your last nightmare? (not in real life – but like dreaming nasty stuff)

I don't go to sleep so don't have them! I actually had a DJ dream/nightmare that comes back every now and again. It's always me DJing in fromt of lots of people but all I can find are bad records and I spend so long looking for a good record that the one playing finished and it's silent and I then put on another bad one. Was that a dream?

9. What have you ate at the sea side?
                            E's, branches and leaves.

10. What's the thing you dislike most at a hotel room?

I'll tell you about the hotel at the Black Sea Coast. I'd been awake and partying Friday night in Dublin and then flew to Bucharest. I drove down to La Mania and played from around 3 am until 1 pm. We then ended up at kudos where Bill and I played for another 10 hours until 1 am when we decided to go out to Marco Corolla. Around 5 am Monday morning Bill and I realized we were very hungry but had no money so a very kind dance music fan purchased us some food in the super market which we then took back to my room. It was then I realized the sun was coming up...shit!...the curtains are so white in the rooms of the hotel that it's actually darker sleeping with them open!.I hate white curtains!!!

11. What's the worst thing that could happen to you while playing? And what do you dislike the most while playing?

I dislike nothing. I love playing. When I used to play in Thailand the equipment was so ghetto that I used to get electric shocks every ten minutes. That was pretty bad!

12. Who's your current superstar?

The man who bought Bill and I food outside the Supermarket

13. Who's the worst DJ you ever heard playing?

Hmm...so many to chose from. I would say any of the DJ's who play from the wallet not from the heart. If you want names I think Judge Jules is pretty terrible.

I love you lee!

Comment

• chunky
                              Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                              • Jan 2006

The set labeled Lee Burridge - Live @ Spundae, Los Angeles, USA - 19-08-01 I have labeled as Spundae San Francisco 19.08.2001 If it was LA the date would be 18.08.2001 as thaats what the LA after party set is labeled.

I made a start on the TL. I will finish it later

01. Anterra - Distance
                              02. ID
                              03. ID
                              04. ID
                              05. Lexicon Avenue - From Dusk Till Dawn
                              06. Filmpalast - I Want
                              07. Sander Kleinenberg - My Lexicon (Cass & Slide Remix)
                              08. Evolution - Walking on Fire (Original Mix)
                              09. Chemical Brothers - It Began In Afrika
                              10. ID
                              11. ID
                              12. ID
                              13. ID
                              14. Iio - Rapture (Creamer & Stephane K remix)

Kings of Tomorrow feat. Julie mcknight - Finally
                              Chemical Brothers - It Began In Afrika
                              Anterra - Distance
                              Last edited by chunky; September 7, 2009, 06:15:32 AM.

Comment

• Dhar_2
                                meat and potatoes
                                • Jun 2004

fussy biatch!

Comment

Working...