Mixtapes from Resident DJs @ Simon's Gainesville Florida (mid to late '90s)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • midibias
    Fresh Peossy
    • Jan 2010

Re: Mixtapes from Resident DJs @ Simon's Gainesville Florida (mid to late '90s)

Originally posted by tony2wice
    Yeah I'm looking for a mix from DJ Dan around 97 or 98 i think. An awesome night and he tore it up!! Any luck??
    If I am thinking about the same night... It was valentines day 1999... Chris Fortier, Boyd, and Dan. Music was phenomenal all night! I will never forget it

That was one of the best nights of my life, not just because I had such a great time at the club. The whole course of my life changed that morning after. I would give my right hand to have the recordings, seriously.

Thanks to everyone for sharing! Some of these sets are bringing back so many memories.

md

Comment

• midibias
      Fresh Peossy
      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by tony2wice
      Anybody have any Joe C. sets?? I love the other one's posted, but I had a great one from him back then, but can't remember the name of it. Any mixes would be great!! Please please!
      I have the "Welcome Back Joe" tape. Will upload a.s.a.p.

Comment

• thisuxbig
        Getting warmed up
        • Jan 2010

I have a few that I can post. Frist one I've got, its a big one:

Danny Tenaglia - Gemini Party 1998 Part 1

Danny Tenaglia - Gemini Party 1998 Part 2

A few I have are already posted (PVD March 1997, etc) I'll go through my old mixtapes and see. I think I've got some more laying around.
        Last edited by chunky; January 27, 2010, 01:31:18 PM.
        Don't rush a genius - Brad Dobbs 2002

Comment

• thisuxbig
          Getting warmed up
          • Jan 2010

I've uploaded another, the Halloween 1998 Party. I think I have what equates to Part 3 & 4 of Paul Van Dyk in March 2007. That might take a while to rip from a tape as well.

In the meantime....

John Digweed & Joe C - Simons Halloween Party 1998

And I gotta get one of my own in here:

Jon Keating live at Simons, June 7, 2002

Comment

• THE_LIGHT
            MCast Resident DJ
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by stewbeck
            I have a copy of Sean Fergusons' Autumn lurking mixtape, I do not however have an account with mega upload so I could email it to you and you could upload if you like, he played some great hip-hop/downtempo in the set.
            Here you go man..I finally found found out..

Sean Ferguson - Live@Superfly

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XS4BK311 Pt1

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SV1MVRGD Pt2

Hafid

Comment

• thisuxbig
              Getting warmed up
              • Jan 2010

Joe C. - Trend Whore (2004)

Comment

• mdingeldey
                Fresh Peossy
                • May 2009

Does anyone have any recordings from the 7/4/96 Sme Independance party? A friend of mine has been looking for awhile. Someone on Facebook claims to have the tapes, but he wanted to sell the originals along with some others he didn't want, which sounded a little shady.

Comment

• chunky
                  Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                  • Jan 2006

Originally posted by mdingeldey
                  Does anyone have any recordings from the 7/4/96 Sme Independance party? A friend of mine has been looking for awhile. Someone on Facebook claims to have the tapes, but he wanted to sell the originals along with some others he didn't want, which sounded a little shady.
                  Sasha & Digweed didn't play the Independence party. They played the Gemini party which is in the Digweed sub forum

OK I got this from Hambrecht with a load of tapes he sent me. I've had a few problems trying to get it sorted. There is some interference on the recording that keeps coming and going. Its worse in between tracks 9 to 13 in part 1. It was worse in the left channel so I deleted the left channel and created a new one by copying
                  Last edited by chunky; January 25, 2010, 02:47:27 PM.
                  Originally posted by res0nat0r
                  OK Lets All Stroke Ron Pauls Cock On 3!

Comment

• mdingeldey
                    Fresh Peossy
                    • May 2009

Originally posted by chunky
                    Sasha & Digweed didn't play the Independence party. They played the Gemini party which is in the Digweed sub forum
                    Yeah - I was there for that one too. The recording I'm looking for is from the Sme records party on 7/4/96. DJ Dan, DB, Dara, Scott Henry, etc were the headliners. It was one of the best parties I went to at Simons!

A lot of people get confused since the 1996 Gemini Party Sasha & Digweed DAT was stolen and released as an Independence Day mix.

-Matt

Comment

• thisuxbig
                      Getting warmed up
                      • Jan 2010

Okay...so I've dug up some more treasure. I have to get a working tape player, but... the following will be uploaded as soon as possible:

Paul Van Dyk - March 1997 Part 3 -- Note about this set...this was 1st time Flaming June was ever played. I was working the lights the whole night, standing behind PVD the whole set. He just finished this with BT in D.C. before coming to Florida. He had to play it off of a DAT. He had a little Sony DATman thing. Another top 5 all time night!

Paul Van Dyk - March 1997 Part 4

BTW...Parts 1 & 2 are available here:

Paul Van Dyk - Gemini Party 1997 - <sniff>.... this became a casulty as my 2nd tape deck ate it. The sound quality on it was pretty crap anyway. Fortunately I was able to rip the March set first!!!

Andy Hughes / DJ Three - Simons Tape Promo Giveaway
                      Chris Harshman - Live at Groovejet WMC 1998
                      Joe C. @ Simons - February 8, 1997 opening for Kelly Reverb

I will edit when uploaded....
                      Last edited by thisuxbig; January 26, 2010, 01:15:50 PM.

Comment

• chunky
                        Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                        • Jan 2006

Originally posted by thisuxbig
                        Paul Van Dyk - March 1997 Part 3 -- Note about this set...this was 1st time Flaming June was ever played. I was working the lights the whole night, standing behind PVD the whole set. He just finished this with BT in D.C. before coming to Florida. He had to play it off of a DAT. He had a little Sony DATman thing. Another top 5 all time night!

Paul Van Dyk - March 1997 Part 4
                        This is already posted here

Paul Van Dyk - Live @ Simon's Gainesville Florida (22.03.1997) http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SNTVJ6C6 01. ID (intro) 02. BBG &#8211; Just Be Tonight (Disco Citizens Remix) 03. En feat. Ceevox &#8211; That Sound (Edge Factor Dub) 04. ID 05. ID 06. BBG - Just Be Tonight (?REMIX) 07. Tilt &#8211; My Spirit (pink bomb remix) 08.
                        Originally posted by res0nat0r
                        OK Lets All Stroke Ron Pauls Cock On 3!

Comment

• stella
                          Getting Somewhere
                          • Feb 2008

Hi thisuxbig,

Is that the 4-19-98 agh/three demo? Somebody from Knuckleheads gave me a copy of this long ago and it has been lost; I would love to hear it again! Also looking forward to the Joe C. and Harshman tapes. Yes please upload!

Comment

• thisuxbig
                            Getting warmed up
                            • Jan 2010

thx Chunky. sorry about any reposts. I'm kinda new here and not sure what's up already. I was going by what Chang has listed and uploaded on the Simons Reunion Facebook page.

So...any chance that my shredded copy of PvD at the Gemini Party in 97 has been posted? Or maybe the 8 year anniversary?

you seem to be running the show here, and all your contributions are very much appreciated. I'm just trying to add what I can.

Stella (I can only assume it's Chris in Melbeezy, right?)...yeah it's the same tape. I actually have 2 of them if you really want one!

Comment

• ddr
                              DUDERZ get a life!!!
                              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by thisuxbig
                              thx Chunky. sorry about any reposts. I'm kinda new here and not sure what's up already. I was going by what Chang has listed and uploaded on the Simons Reunion Facebook page.

So...any chance that my shredded copy of PvD at the Gemini Party in 97 has been posted? Or maybe the 8 year anniversary?

you seem to be running the show here, and all your contributions are very much appreciated. I'm just trying to add what I can.

Stella (I can only assume it's Chris in Melbeezy, right?)...yeah it's the same tape. I actually have 2 of them if you really want one!
                              any more to that tenaglia set? =D
                              "pics or stfu" - R.I.P. Steve "Jibgolly" James

Comment

• thisuxbig
                                Getting warmed up
                                • Jan 2010

Originally posted by ddr
                                any more to that tenaglia set? =D
                                sorry...wish i had more. you wouldn't believe what it took for me to get that first part!

Comment

Working...