John Digweed - Live @ Amnesia, BBC Radio 1 Party, Ibiza, Spain (August 02, 2008)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Adzey
    Are you Kidding me??
    • Mar 2008

Re: John Digweed - Live @ Amnesia, BBC Radio 1 Party, Ibiza, Spain (August 02, 200

Originally posted by simonr
    Forge gets me every time + voices ... now those tracks always remind me of 7.00 a.m. at Matter !
    yeah dats true

you still think it loses its way toward the end though?

for me as has already been said this is the best hour of music i heard in 2008

"Working like a wizard he doesn't jump around much or react much to what he is playing but the place is going nuts"

Comment

• janky
      Addiction started
      • Jun 2004

Re: John Digweed - Live @ Amnesia, BBC Radio 1 Party, Ibiza, Spain (August 02, 200

Agreed

Originally posted by Adzey
      4 9 7 23 5 5 4

Comment

• chunky
        Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
        • Jan 2006

It was the highlight of my excursion
        Originally posted by res0nat0r
        OK Lets All Stroke Ron Pauls Cock On 3!

Comment

• simonr
          Transitionator
          • Jun 2004

yeah dats true

you still think it loses its way toward the end though?

I'm not a fan of the Mistress Barbara track ... but what went on before from Forge to Subtellite is absolute perfection.
          sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• Hydrosonic
            Gold Gabber
            • Jul 2004

Re-listened to this set in the gym last week, stunning! Some amazing transitions

Roll on his next Essential Mix
            320 requester

Comment

• kingpin7714
              Fresh Peossy
              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by gsturm
              no you are not. imo that is best part of mix. those two tracks sandwiched around freelove are sick. the breakdown (of sorts) at the end of condensated is a great hands-in-the-air moment.
              Condensated just got released, and it does NOT have this breakdown =(

Seems John made an edit himself and cut out like a min of the tune. It's pretty easy to do, but just doesn't have the same effect when played outside of amnesia haha

You can hear two notes of the sample that's about to kick in on john's version, then the edit, on the essential mix, so it's not a special version or anything.

Shame really, cause it makes the tune imo =T

Comment

• chunky
                Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                • Jan 2006

Comment

• dusk
                  DUDERZ get a life!!!
                  • Jun 2004

Holy $hit! how did I miss this set... An absolute blinder.....

Did the whole set ever get released... perhaps on Kiss 100? *wishful thinking*
                  ~ You are what you think you are ~

Comment

• chunky
                    Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                    • Jan 2006

Originally posted by dusk
                    Holy $hit! how did I miss this set... An absolute blinder.....

Did the whole set ever get released... perhaps on Kiss 100? *wishful thinking*
                    No he only played for 2 hours anyway

Comment

• dusk
                      DUDERZ get a life!!!
                      • Jun 2004

aaah cool...at least its not a marathon set that may not surface.. I hate when that happens :S

Comment

• janky
                        Addiction started
                        • Jun 2004

I wrote a blog entry on this set:

Enjoy.
                        4 9 7 23 5 5 4

Comment

• dusk
                          DUDERZ get a life!!!
                          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by janky
                          I wrote a blog entry on this set:

Enjoy.

Thank you for posting that janky... I quite enjoyed the read... very nicely summed up this set and quite right about Diggers Beruit set... I'll need to check out the rest of your blog.. have you written plenty of reviews?

Originally posted by nsamadi
                          Digweed is releasing a Free CD though DJ Mag late August. .
                          Did this get released?

Comment

• chunky
                            Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                            • Jan 2006

Did this get released?
                            Yeah it did. It should be in here somewhere

Comment

• chunky
                              Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                              • Jan 2006

Did this get released?
                              Tracklist: 01) Bedrock - Emerald 02) Tom Mangan - Chutney 03) Digweed and Muir - Aquatonic 04) Digweed and Muir - Aquatonic 05) Bedrock - Beautiful Strange 06) Guy J Mikro 07) Jim Rivers - Empathy 08) Guy J - Aftertouch 09) Saints and Sinners - Pushin too Hard 10) Bedrock - Santiago 11) Christian Smith - Flyer Talk 12) Jim

Comment

• janky
                                Addiction started
                                • Jun 2004

Used to write a lot of reviews on Sasha and Digweed nights. Here's one for example:

Thank you for posting that janky... I quite enjoyed the read... very nicely summed up this set and quite right about Diggers Beruit set... I'll need to check out the rest of your blog.. have you written plenty of reviews?

Did this get released?
                                4 9 7 23 5 5 4

Comment

Working...