[Crowd Recording] Sasha Live at Avalon Hollywood - 10-28-11 (2 hours)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • subterFUSE
    Gold Gabber
    • Nov 2006

Re: [Crowd Recording] Sasha Live at Avalon Hollywood - 10-28-11 (2 hours)

Still need to spot Track 3. Anyone know it?

Comment

• nubreed616
      Fresh Peossy
      • Jul 2004

Great set. Thanks so much for this. Saw Sasha in NYC last night and this is close.

Comment

• jess2impress
        Getting warmed up
        • Apr 2011

My first message on here, but simply had to comment on the brilliance of this set.. love the energy through the crowd, closest to being there, i was going to see Sasha at Warehouse project but had to cancel.. the last half of this mix he's just slamming them down..

Many Thanks to the poster, and the IDer's. Recognised a few tracks off his Mixmag Cd but they sound so much better in this, I wonder why?

Comment

• jess2impress
          Getting warmed up
          • Apr 2011

Originally posted by salami
          This set is Bangin! crowd record is no different from Digweed Transitions Live sets.
          the man should release this set cause its massively good !
          lets see what he is going to deliver for the fans later this month,
          like he did last year with the mos and Fabric sets !.

And I agree Salami, it's stupidly good - but don't you think it would loose that spontaneous rawness this recording has?

Comment

• subterFUSE
            Gold Gabber
            • Nov 2006

Originally posted by jess2impress
            My first message on here, but simply had to comment on the brilliance of this set.. love the energy through the crowd, closest to being there, i was going to see Sasha at Warehouse project but had to cancel.. the last half of this mix he's just slamming them down..

Many Thanks to the poster, and the IDer's. Recognised a few tracks off his Mixmag Cd but they sound so much better in this, I wonder why?
            I think the reason is the power of a big sound system combined with the reverberation of the room. Just sounds different than it does in the studio or at home.

Comment

• taper
              Fresh Peossy
              • Nov 2011

Originally posted by jess2impress

No problemo man. This reminds me of the bonaroo set... loved hearing the crowd in that one.

Comment

• Beato
                Getting Somewhere
                • Jun 2004

i've always wanted a mix i've done to have that sound, never gotten a chance to get someone to record one of my live sets in a club, but would be nice to see how it would sound like this. Sasha always rips up Avalon, seen him there a few times, always fun times, loved when he and steve porter played back in 05, played until 8 am. loved every moment of it. Then again in 08 and was just as amazing

Comment

• Nusystem
                  Getting Somewhere
                  • Oct 2005

You'll be able to do it again, he's playing there in Jan 2012. Would like to hear what the recording is like from the dancefloor instead of the balcony above it this time.

Comment

• superwave
                    Are you Kidding me??
                    • May 2006

Golly, I just listened to this one all the way though, and I gotta say, YES! If we got every set this way it would kinda kill exclusivity, but Im not complaining bout the share, just how the systems set.

Thanx taper, if'n u getta do this again? DO IT

Comment

• taper
                      Fresh Peossy
                      • Nov 2011

Haha, I will try to... the biggest issue is sneaking it in. It's pretty damn big. I told them it was a Satellite Phone.

Dudes, this thing is coming out soon... it won't sound as "quite" as good ($77 VS $2,000) but my god we must ALL GET ONE:

Comment

• Jesus@1
                        Gold Gabber
                        • Dec 2009

Originally posted by subterFUSE
                        Track 3 is the best one on the mix, IMO. Need to spot that one.
                        Originally posted by subterFUSE
                        Still need to spot Track 3. Anyone know it?
                        It's DJ W!ld & Shaun Reeves - Wish I Didn't Miss You (Lee Curtiss & Shaun Reeves Remix)

Comment

• ukhursty
                          Getting warmed up
                          • May 2006

Any more IDs for the rest of the tracks?

Comment

• dyreschlock
                            Getting warmed up
                            • Jun 2010

say taper. you didn't happen to record any of Sasha's performance from Saturday Night at Avalon did you?

Comment

• taper
                              Fresh Peossy
                              • Nov 2011

Unfortunately not man. I had an event that weekend. Will be getting the next one hopefully though.

Comment

• model1974
                                Getting Somewhere
                                • Jul 2008

Can we get this posted back up as megaupload has gone bye bye. Thanks.

Comment

Working...