The quality isn't as hot, I was guessing it would have been more convenient to get to forward facing cams (which are now discounted) and use the second as rear facing cam.
Anyone have one of those DashCams in their car?
Collapse
X
-
Re: Anyone have one of those DashCams in their car?
The quality isn't as hot, I was guessing it would have been more convenient to get to forward facing cams (which are now discounted) and use the second as rear facing cam.www.mjwebhosting.com
Jib says:
he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shittingOriginally posted by ace_dlGuys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me -
Re: Anyone have one of those DashCams in their car?
Yeah, I guess that isn't surprising given the smaller size. I will be interested to see how well they work. Will report back in a couple of weeks or so once I've got them installed.Comment
-
Re: Anyone have one of those DashCams in their car?
Just a generic question; is this battery operated or can you connect this straight to the car electronics?
The One contains the Many, and the Many contains the One:
Sbando - You Will Be Missed.
"Mankind has the propensity to fuck itself up on anything it lays its hands on."Feather
"Who moderates this forum and makes these decisions? Stevie Wonder?"
Bob"i'd give her a muscle she doesn't havethe banned1
"
"I love you Illuminate... that's divine/creator/God in me loving the origin of you."KiwiTollway
Comment
-
Re: Anyone have one of those DashCams in their car?
It is connected to the car's power system. I ordered mine with an additional power adapter that will allow the camera to continue recording when the car is off. The Adapter has a voltage meter which will turn off the camera if the car's battery gets drained below a point you set.
The camera has a shock detector which will trigger recording if your car is hit or bumped.Comment
-
Re: Anyone have one of those DashCams in their car?
That's pretty cool. Will need to invest in one if I ever get around to a new set of wheels. If there was a radar attachment to it that would be pretty awesome as well. Building a case against those ghastly speed cameras.
The One contains the Many, and the Many contains the One:
Sbando - You Will Be Missed.
"Mankind has the propensity to fuck itself up on anything it lays its hands on."Feather
"Who moderates this forum and makes these decisions? Stevie Wonder?"
Bob"i'd give her a muscle she doesn't havethe banned1
"
"I love you Illuminate... that's divine/creator/God in me loving the origin of you."KiwiTollway
Comment
-
Re: Anyone have one of those DashCams in their car?
It has a GPS built in so it can monitor your speed, if you want. In theory, you could try to fight a speed camera ticket with the video evidence.... but that's assuming you weren't actually speeding.
As for radar detection, just get a Valentine 1.
I'm having a Bel STiR Plus installed in my car along with a Blinder HP-905 laser jammer. I love my Valentine 1, but I wanted to do a full stealth install on the radar this time.Comment
-
Re: Anyone have one of those DashCams in their car?
Seems Garmin has now jumped on the bandwagon too
Garmin's new dash cam will record your crash, manwww.mjwebhosting.com
Jib says:
he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shittingOriginally posted by ace_dlGuys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for meComment
-
Re: Anyone have one of those DashCams in their car?
Just got a Audi Q5 a couple of months ago with Bang & Olufsen, 40 gig HD, SD Card for music...fucking rocks imo.
Includes NAV as well. Yeah it's expensive when you say it like that, but over the cost of the finance terms it's not that much more money per month. I could have gotten a better aftermarket stereo, and probably put an aftermarket nav system on my dash...but then i'd have a stupid looking nav box sitting on my dash. I like the clean lines of the factory installed interior options, and i'll almost always pay for that vs. some kind of custom install.Comment
-
Re: Anyone have one of those DashCams in their car?
Navigation was standard on my S6, so the B&O price really was $6000. But I already had a lot of audio equipment from my previous car that I knew I would be keeping.
Starting my install tomorrow or Wednesday. I'll post some pics when we get finished in a few weeks.
Comment
-
Re: Anyone have one of those DashCams in their car?
^Nice.
A lot of Audi enthusiasts here. Good to see.
Jenks how's the bluetooth in the factory system? I've heard that quality is really bad for phone calls. Not too sure but is it able to stream your playlist from your phone?
K - I think that the Garmin will be a pretty good buy.
The One contains the Many, and the Many contains the One:
Sbando - You Will Be Missed.
"Mankind has the propensity to fuck itself up on anything it lays its hands on."Feather
"Who moderates this forum and makes these decisions? Stevie Wonder?"
Bob"i'd give her a muscle she doesn't havethe banned1
"
"I love you Illuminate... that's divine/creator/God in me loving the origin of you."KiwiTollway
Comment
-
Re: Anyone have one of those DashCams in their car?
I think sounds pretty great for telephone calls, and way better than the system that was in our Acura a few years ago. My wife calls me from the Q5 all the time via bluetooth and I honestly can't tell she's using it. You can pull up your phone's directory on the nav screen and on a display between the tach and speedo via steering wheel controls or voice command. It's not a feature I use (I hate talking on the phone in the car- plus all calls override the music, boooo), but she seems to get a lot out of the bluetooth in this car and didn't ever use it in the previous Acura or VW because it sounded like a speakerphone.Comment
-
Re: Anyone have one of those DashCams in their car?
Yeah, the Bluetooth works a lot better in my car than it did in my old BMW that it replaced. But that car was 9 years old, so the technology was fairly new at the time. Things have definitely improved over time.
My car can stream bluetooth music but I don't use that feature because the streaming quality is not as good as using hard wire. When we upgrade the stereo, we will put in an external D/A converter for my iPod/iPhone. That will be higher quality than even the Audi Music Interface cable.Comment
-
Re: Anyone have one of those DashCams in their car?
I don't even use the Audi Interface cable. Two SD card slots in the dash, dump music on the HD or play off the cards. Would like to be able to stream spottily, but not losing sleep over it.Yeah, the Bluetooth works a lot better in my car than it did in my old BMW that it replaced. But that car was 9 years old, so the technology was fairly new at the time. Things have definitely improved over time.
My car can stream bluetooth music but I don't use that feature because the streaming quality is not as good as using hard wire. When we upgrade the stereo, we will put in an external D/A converter for my iPod/iPhone. That will be higher quality than even the Audi Music Interface cable.Comment
-
Re: Anyone have one of those DashCams in their car?
Bluetooth 4.0 is great. I love it in my new Acura too. And even Bluetooth Audio Streaming is wonderful. Although for some reason, I can't get the album art to display over Bluetooth Streaming but it will when streaming over USB / iPod Mode. Need to figure that one out.I think sounds pretty great for telephone calls, and way better than the system that was in our Acura a few years ago. My wife calls me from the Q5 all the time via bluetooth and I honestly can't tell she's using it. You can pull up your phone's directory on the nav screen and on a display between the tach and speedo via steering wheel controls or voice command. It's not a feature I use (I hate talking on the phone in the car- plus all calls override the music, boooo), but she seems to get a lot out of the bluetooth in this car and didn't ever use it in the previous Acura or VW because it sounded like a speakerphone.www.mjwebhosting.com
Jib says:
he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shittingOriginally posted by ace_dlGuys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for meComment
-
Re: Anyone have one of those DashCams in their car?
I don't use the SD cards or Jukebox because they don't support Lossless audio files, nor gapless playback. Absolutely unacceptable to me.Comment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,210
Posts: 1,238,525
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 32
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.


Comment