I was actually surprised at how good it was, and how quickly the 3 hours and 7 minutes moved along. Some genuinely terrifying moments on Skull Island and the film as a whole is a great, epic film. I have some minor beefs, like Jack Black being kind of unstable in the film (sometimes he evokes a look that reminds me too much of School of Rock, others, he's escaped into the character). The ending is so well done and amazingly faithful to the original, it's one of those really really rare film that manages to eclipse the original because it's so damn good.
King Kong
Collapse
X
-
Re: King Kong
I was actually surprised at how good it was, and how quickly the 3 hours and 7 minutes moved along. Some genuinely terrifying moments on Skull Island and the film as a whole is a great, epic film. I have some minor beefs, like Jack Black being kind of unstable in the film (sometimes he evokes a look that reminds me too much of School of Rock, others, he's escaped into the character). The ending is so well done and amazingly faithful to the original, it's one of those really really rare film that manages to eclipse the original because it's so damn good.Score so far: Owned ZoverTard 8 times - twice in one week! Twice more in same weekend.
More than six months later - he's still pissed LOL - check the last visitor - guess who the last visitor is on my profile page.
His newest incarnation this week:♫♫♫♫♫♫ -
Re: King Kong
fantastic movie. bring a snack and take a piss before you go in, though...its looooong.Comment
-
Re: King Kong
man, 3 hours and 7 minutes don't just move along, it takes hours!Originally posted by el presidente HighsteppaI was actually surprised at how good it was, and how quickly the 3 hours and 7 minutes moved along.
Oh well, at least it's not one of those 85 minute movies...
Comment
-
Re: King Kong
I wish I loved this movie as much as everyone else - I really wanted to going in...
The LOTR movies were just incredible! So epic and refreshing.
King Kong on the other hand was lame. The setup to the arrival on the island dragged on and on and on... and the acting was so poor and cheap. Jack Black, in my opinion, sucked leaky nipples.
There were just too many over the top moments. A few of these moments would have made the movie memorable - but having a giant special fx saturated scene every five minutes was too much - it was as if I built a tolerance to them throughout the movie and they were no longer a big deal every time they happened.
Some of the special effects were mind-blowing... other scenes looked like leftover footage from LOTR or Jurrasic Park.
Seems to me like Peter Jackson got too carried away trying to turn King Kong into the most epic story every told, which was not necessary and, for me, severly detracted from the movie.We are the ones we've been waiting for.Comment
-
Re: King Kong
I feel like the 3 hours went rather quickly, thourh definately go to the washroom beforehand!
The movie itself felt like it had alot more of a fleshed out story than the original. More detail into what happened on Skull Island, and I was on the edge of my seat the whole time! Yes, it was long, but every minute was a genuine movie experience. Jack Black was the only one who I agree was sketchy at times in the acting department. The boat captain reminded me of Harrison Ford as Indy! Anyway, I feel it deserves it great reviews since I initially wasn't going to see it.
I was one of the converted, though obviously if you aregoing in and comparing it to LOTR then you are already decided in your mind because that is the greatest Epic trilogy we will ever see. That is unfair comparison, and Kong is only one movie versus a trilogy.
Greg
(First Post!!!)Comment
-
Re: King Kong
Hey Greg - good points raisedOriginally posted by Balearic Boy GregI was one of the converted, though obviously if you aregoing in and comparing it to LOTR then you are already decided in your mind because that is the greatest Epic trilogy we will ever see. That is unfair comparison, and Kong is only one movie versus a trilogy.
Greg
(First Post!!!)
However, I'm not comparing King Kong to LOTR in that KK did not live up to LOTR. What I'm saying is that they had too much in common... I wished that they weren't so similar in their "epicness" - I'm not saying that King Kong should have been more like LOTR, but rather the opposite.
cheers!We are the ones we've been waiting for.Comment
-
Re: King Kong
I gotcha man. I actually didn't mean you, but some others mentioned it being too long. That he was trying to make it too Epic. But if you watch the original Kong, lets be honest.....it is light on plot (other than the fundamantal Beast meets Beauty and the heart of the Beast is tamed as he finds meaning in his lonely existence and can die happy theme), so now Jackson has fleshed it out. I just found it interestiing that people thought Jackson was purposely drawing things out for his own ego (to make his single movie an epic).
It is also worth mentioning here that Kong was originally about 2 hours. Then, after Universal execs saw this first version, they were so impressed with the effects and storyline, that they actually okayed another hour to be added from cut footage.
To me the most important part of the film is Skull Island because it is the reference for everything. I was glad to see it fleshed out, and I love how we get a more realiztic glimpse than ever of what prehistoric life was like. ie.> heard animals like Brontasauraus just struggling to survive and falling in the pursuit, and all the predator and then a bigger predator life cycle. I mention this because I feel since people are bringing up Jurrasic Park, Kong makes this aspect of Jurassic Park look pretty juvenille and succeeds in transporting us back (minus the people and giant ape of course).
Anyway, I want to make clear one more thing. People who are saying it is too much like Jurasssic Park...do you realize that the original Kong had a Prehistoric element on Skull Island. It is a given that the effect were not here to do T-Rex battles with Kong, yet had the technology been there, they would have put more in. So considering this (and the fact that Kong came out waaaay b4 Jurassic Park), we can hardly claim that showing dinosaurs on Skull Island along with Kong is something that detracts from the movie or in some way makes Kong too 'Jurassic Parkish'.
Just a thought I had,
Regards,
GregComment
-
Re: King Kong
Originally posted by Balearic Boy GregI gotcha man. I actually didn't mean you, but some others mentioned it being too long. That he was trying to make it too Epic. But if you watch the original Kong, lets be honest.....it is light on plot (other than the fundamantal Beast meets Beauty and the heart of the Beast is tamed as he finds meaning in his lonely existence and can die happy theme), so now Jackson has fleshed it out. I just found it interestiing that people thought Jackson was purposely drawing things out for his own ego (to make his single movie an epic).
It is also worth mentioning here that Kong was originally about 2 hours. Then, after Universal execs saw this first version, they were so impressed with the effects and storyline, that they actually okayed another hour to be added from cut footage.
To me the most important part of the film is Skull Island because it is the reference for everything. I was glad to see it fleshed out, and I love how we get a more realiztic glimpse than ever of what prehistoric life was like. ie.> heard animals like Brontasauraus just struggling to survive and falling in the pursuit, and all the predator and then a bigger predator life cycle. I mention this because I feel since people are bringing up Jurrasic Park, Kong makes this aspect of Jurassic Park look pretty juvenille and succeeds in transporting us back (minus the people and giant ape of course).
Anyway, I want to make clear one more thing. People who are saying it is too much like Jurasssic Park...do you realize that the original Kong had a Prehistoric element on Skull Island. It is a given that the effect were not here to do T-Rex battles with Kong, yet had the technology been there, they would have put more in. So considering this (and the fact that Kong came out waaaay b4 Jurassic Park), we can hardly claim that showing dinosaurs on Skull Island along with Kong is something that detracts from the movie or in some way makes Kong too 'Jurassic Parkish'.
Just a thought I had,
Regards,
Greg
Comment
-
www.mjwebhosting.com
Jib says:
he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shittingOriginally posted by ace_dlGuys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for meComment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,212
Posts: 1,238,528
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 31
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.




Comment