what did everyone else think?
Brokeback Mountain
Collapse
X
-
Brokeback Mountain
such a great movie- not just a gay cowboy movie, but a true love story with depth and emotion. absolutely loved it
what did everyone else think?Tags: None -
Re: Brokeback Mountain
Cant say that I've heard of it beforewww.mjwebhosting.com
Jib says:
he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shittingOriginally posted by ace_dlGuys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me -
Re: Brokeback Mountain
Haven't seen it yet, Cat. But i'm sure it will get two thumbs up from this end.Comment
-
Re: Brokeback Mountain
and which end is that?two thumbs up from this end
haha I just remembered I started a thread about this weeks ago and got zero response, thanks for reminding me cat. I think only people in alberta want to know about this movie, cause we are cowboys and all, or at least I am!Comment
-
Re: Brokeback Mountain
I think people should be debating whether to put homosexuals in mental clinics. Same sex sexual orientation is a disease.
Now....people on this message board are obviously will come out with comments such as "oooh, a gay in denial and my favourite.....you are so last century"....in which they prove that its a fashion trend.
Before you lot call me a homophobic, go read some science journals, there's study after study in which they prove that homosexuality is unnatural and defies logic.
Still not convinced? let me give you some stats.....if you exclude african immigrants in the west then 85% of sexually transmitted diseases are from gays.
Good thing the movie flopped and already out of the charts.
Anyway, i posted my message, you can have a go now....Comment
-
Re: Brokeback Mountain
Quality quality film. Clearly the homophopic aren't the target demographic, and if such things bother you that much, you've probably got a few kinks to work out anyways. Incredibly refreshing to see such an original screenplay these days. And to think I thought hollywood didn't have anymore writers these days considering all the bad re-remakes, sequels and comic-book films out last year.Groove is in the airComment
-
Re: Brokeback Mountain
Are you going to actually source some of the shit you're claiming or are you going to leave things at "some science journals" for your validity? You're not giving any stats, that's just being vague and trying to sound like you know what you're talking about, and your thinly vieled homophobia (reflected loud and clear in the statement "Good thing the movie flopped and already out of the charts") is as amusing as your denials that you are.Originally posted by sonoI think people should be debating whether to put homosexuals in mental clinics. Same sex sexual orientation is a disease.
Now....people on this message board are obviously will come out with comments such as "oooh, a gay in denial and my favourite.....you are so last century"....in which they prove that its a fashion trend.
Before you lot call me a homophobic, go read some science journals, there's study after study in which they prove that homosexuality is unnatural and defies logic.
Still not convinced? let me give you some stats.....if you exclude african immigrants in the west then 85% of sexually transmitted diseases are from gays.
Good thing the movie flopped and already out of the charts.
Anyway, i posted my message, you can have a go now....
Btw, the film hasn't even gone into wide release. Rottentomatoes.com has it listed as getting a wide release January 13th, so your pre-emptive declaration of failure is a bit pre-mature.
Again, much like Munich, I ask you, have you actually seen the movie? You obviously didn't with Munich (and I call bullshit on that you did - the time that you wrote, the film wasn't even in theatres, and the film had limited press screenings - I seriously doubt you're a journalist of any kind), and I'm highly skeptical that you've actually seen this too.Score so far: Owned ZoverTard 8 times - twice in one week! Twice more in same weekend.
More than six months later - he's still pissed LOL - check the last visitor - guess who the last visitor is on my profile page.
His newest incarnation this week:♫♫♫♫♫♫Comment
-
Re: Brokeback Mountain
I think the whole "Gay Cowboy" tag is hurting the film more than helping it. I saw it as being more complicated than two men that discover an attraction to each other on the range.Originally posted by miss_catnesssuch a great movie- not just a gay cowboy movie, but a true love story with depth and emotion. absolutely loved it
what did everyone else think?
I think the thing I related to the most in this film is the classic theme of forbidden love and denial of what might feel right in the face of the social circles that might disapprove and with nowhere to go in order to feed that desire. It kind of reminded me of that documentary in the mid to late nineties about a Serbian and Croatian couple that fell in love with each other, while the war was going on around them.
But I also couldn't help but think about the South Park/Sundance episode joke either.
Score so far: Owned ZoverTard 8 times - twice in one week! Twice more in same weekend.
More than six months later - he's still pissed LOL - check the last visitor - guess who the last visitor is on my profile page.
His newest incarnation this week:♫♫♫♫♫♫Comment
-
Re: Brokeback Mountain
el presidente, i can support the things i say from a number well known reliable sources, but i can't be bothered to go look for links on the web, the journals and newspapers i have are hard copies and papers from conferences. But for you, i will try to find some links in the next couple of days that have some reference to the material i have.Originally posted by el presidente HighsteppaAre you going to actually source some of the shit you're claiming or are you going to leave things at "some science journals" for your validity? You're not giving any stats, that's just being vague and trying to sound like you know what you're talking about, and your thinly vieled homophobia (reflected loud and clear in the statement "Good thing the movie flopped and already out of the charts") is as amusing as your denials that you are.
Btw, the film hasn't even gone into wide release. Rottentomatoes.com has it listed as getting a wide release January 13th, so your pre-emptive declaration of failure is a bit pre-mature.
Again, much like Munich, I ask you, have you actually seen the movie? You obviously didn't with Munich (and I call bullshit on that you did - the time that you wrote, the film wasn't even in theatres, and the film had limited press screenings - I seriously doubt you're a journalist of any kind), and I'm highly skeptical that you've actually seen this too.
...about Munich, i haven't seen it, but a friend of mine who has seen it and i trust his judgement says that only the israeli characters are developed...and they only show the 'israeli' characters as having remorse whereas the palastinians are shown to be ruthless and they don't show the background as to what drove them to carry that madness act.Comment
-
Re: Brokeback Mountain
The fact that its 2006 and people still think homosexuality is a "disease" - now that defies logic.Originally posted by sonoI think people should be debating whether to put homosexuals in mental clinics. Same sex sexual orientation is a disease.
Now....people on this message board are obviously will come out with comments such as "oooh, a gay in denial and my favourite.....you are so last century"....in which they prove that its a fashion trend.
Before you lot call me a homophobic, go read some science journals, there's study after study in which they prove that homosexuality is unnatural and defies logic.
You should check out the movie sono (with an open mind of course). You might find that the review miss catness put up was spot on - and if two actors can portray that kind of depth and emotion, just imagine what a "real-life" homosexual couple could do. Love is not a disease my friend - and the fact that you suggest a certain segment of the population should be committed because they think differently than you, that is pretty void of logic as well.
As for the film -- I enjoyed it. Kinda slow at parts but overall I'd recommend.Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;
a sense of humor to console him for what he is.Comment
-
Re: Brokeback Mountain
havent seen it, but i probably will eventually. i dont consider myself to be homophobic, and completely 100% disagree with that crap sono is going on about, but i can see myself having a hard time if there is a LOT of dudes making out etc. in the movie
Comment
-
Re: Brokeback Mountain
gay post imoOriginally posted by sonoI think people should be debating whether to put homosexuals in mental clinics. Same sex sexual orientation is a disease.
Now....people on this message board are obviously will come out with comments such as "oooh, a gay in denial and my favourite.....you are so last century"....in which they prove that its a fashion trend.
Before you lot call me a homophobic, go read some science journals, there's study after study in which they prove that homosexuality is unnatural and defies logic.
Still not convinced? let me give you some stats.....if you exclude african immigrants in the west then 85% of sexually transmitted diseases are from gays.
Good thing the movie flopped and already out of the charts.
Anyway, i posted my message, you can have a go now....Beats are my crack.Comment
-
www.mjwebhosting.com
Jib says:
he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shittingOriginally posted by ace_dlGuys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for meComment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,207
Posts: 1,238,511
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 32
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.


Comment