I just watched th is last night. great cinematography and kept me very interested until the end. Once the end came all I could think to myself was "that's it?" I loved the way the movie was filmed, and all three stories were very interesting, but the way the connected and the way the movie ended was weak imo. I'll give it 3 pickles
Babel
Collapse
X
-
Re: Babel
I just watched th is last night. great cinematography and kept me very interested until the end. Once the end came all I could think to myself was "that's it?" I loved the way the movie was filmed, and all three stories were very interesting, but the way the connected and the way the movie ended was weak imo. I'll give it 3 pickles -
Re: Babel
I just watched th is last night. great cinematography and kept me very interested until the end. Once the end came all I could think to myself was "that's it?" I loved the way the movie was filmed, and all three stories were very interesting, but the way the connected and the way the movie ended was weak imo. I'll give it 3 pickles
I agree with all your statements there. IMO, it was just an ok storyline and as you said a real weak ending. The concept is great though.No Soup for YouOriginally posted by MiroslavIt's not like he grabbed his balls and sucked his dick. It's not like he gave the Saudis the original copy of the Constitution to use as toilet paper. It's not like he gave away the secret recipe to the Colonel's chicken. .Comment
-
Re: Babel
I thought it was good. Impacted my wife a lot more, I was sleeping through most of it. Not as good as they say, but a good movie.dead, yet alive.Comment
-
Re: Babel
Just seen it - liked it a lot
Cinematograpghy was great , intertwining stories were glued tothegeter with real characters that you cared about.
The weak point was defo Brad/Cate - it would have been far better if they were less known actors (but clearly good for money issues and film career),
the Japanese plot was loosley connected to the film (he just gave someone something) it was perhaps the best in terms of drama and relevance to the themes of coping and survival.
So what did she write in the note to the policeman?
well worth seeing.
21 Grams is still my fav tho.....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....
Comment
-
Re: Babel
I thought she wrote she was going to kill herself, but her dad caught her first. that's what i interpreted.Comment
-
Re: Babel
if that was the case then the policeman didnt react very much when he read it!!....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....
Comment
-
Re: Babel
yeah, i figure he assumed she jumped right after he left. I don't know. what'd you think it said?Comment
-
-
Re: Babel
I thought it was more confesional - stating why she had made up a story about her mother, and this was her telling the truth.
Fits better witht the pain,coping, survival,recovery theme.
But also the whole pont of us not knowing is so that the viewer can interpret it any way he/she pleases. right?
{Until i saw the look on his face I thought it probably said I want to F your brains out- but thats clearly part of my pathology
}
....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....
Comment
-
Re: Babel
Just got the film the other day. I thought it was drawn out and too slow for my tastes. The beginning especially bored me to death. It was directed well, just not my cup of tea."Dream as if you''ll live forever, Live as if you''ll die today." -- James Dean --Comment
-
Re: Babel
remember the jap girl took off the cops coat before he left. while he was reading the note i thought she took his gun (dunno i just thought maybe it'd be in his jacket) and was going to shoot herself, as the father had explained about the mother to the cop only moments prior. then when she was still standing there nude with the father i was like Huh!
i felt the movie was good overall, but fell short at the end like so many others these days. i was really intrigued by each character and how they would end up being connected, but jeez that fell way short also. i felt 'Crash' delivered much better in that regard.
i'll agree on 3 picklesComment
-
Re: Babel
saw this on yahoo's homepage today
The latest news and headlines from Yahoo! News. Get breaking news stories and in-depth coverage with videos and photos.
i am betting its the club scene. i had to look away a couple times.
also, the scene where the girl is on the swing might get some people.Comment
-
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,209
Posts: 1,238,522
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 32
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.


Comment