If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
okay fair enough...maybe your right I was so pissed of with the fact that he killed his gang that I had to light up a cigarette at that point...i might have missed that...still it stands that the ending is quite stupid.
He is one: a wanted man
two: on his own
but thanks for pointing out the whistling
TheIdiotsAREWinning.
"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."
Mark Twain
saw it last night. thought it was good, but to be compared to Unforgiven is blasphemy. i'd recommend it to friends, but it's not a standout film in any way for me.
okay fair enough...maybe your right I was so pissed of with the fact that he killed his gang that I had to light up a cigarette at that point...i might have missed that...still it stands that the ending is quite stupid.
He is one: a wanted man
two: on his own
but thanks for pointing out the whistling
here's the point that I got out of it... (using the spoiler tag to try to spread its use, even though this whole thread is one big spoiler): Spoiler warning - Mark text to read it
earlier in the movie he said "I've always liked you Byron, but you never know when to shut up. Even bad men love their mommas" and throws the dude off the cliff for the insult. It shows that he places his parents above everything else in life. So when Bale tells him that his son thinks he's a failure because he got shot by his own men for retreating from a battle, Crowe realizes and sympathizes to the fact that he'd rather die trying to earn respect from his son than not be respected by him at all. He plays along with it because he doesn't expect the guy to make it past the whole town, because he knows how to escape from the prison, because he expects to find a way off the train before he even gets there, and because he wants the boy to treat his parents how "even bad men" do it. If he would've jumped on that train even after his men saved him they probably would've killed him because they risked their lives for him, so he had to kill them. It also proved that the father made enough of an impact to get him to willingly set off for Yuma, plus it couldn't hurt to maybe let the rest of the town(?) think Bale succeeded with getting him on the train and had a last stand as it chugged off
I loved it. maybe a bit far-fetched, but if the dude was confident about Yuma then why not?
Jib says:
he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
Originally posted by ace_dl
Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me
i picked this film up at blockbuster, when i brought it home to watch with the family they were expecting some black and white roy rogers shit.. they watched it from start to finish then again the next day... great movie....
Fantastic film - used to love westerns when I was a kid.
Pretty much everything Christian Bales has done has been great. That scene with the laminated business cards in American Psycho cracks me up every time.
sigpicSimonR
This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.
We process personal data about users of our site, through the use of cookies and other technologies, to deliver our services, personalize advertising, and to analyze site activity. We may share certain information about our users with our advertising and analytics partners. For additional details, refer to our Privacy Policy.
By clicking "I AGREE" below, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our personal data processing and cookie practices as described therein. You also acknowledge that this forum may be hosted outside your country and you consent to the collection, storage, and processing of your data in the country where this forum is hosted.
Comment