Has anybody else upgraded? What are your thoughts so far? I haven't been keeping up with this release lately, so I don't know what I should expect other than the reworked system tray
Ubuntu Lucid Lynx
Collapse
X
-
Ubuntu Lucid Lynx
Upgrading now
Has anybody else upgraded? What are your thoughts so far? I haven't been keeping up with this release lately, so I don't know what I should expect other than the reworked system tray -
Re: Ubuntu Lucid Lynx
Check this:
Prob going to have sweet ass bootup speeds. Dont want to muck with my xbmc htpc ubuntu install and break it, if i cant watch my tvshows/movies id go crazy. nor my desktop @ work as it runs some sites and apps for my dept. plus my laptop i always use that just has ubuntu on it hd went out a couple weeks ago and i havent bought another drive yet. i havent gotten to play with a new release in a while.
-
Re: Ubuntu Lucid Lynx
I was hoping to have this test installed on my lappy this weekend but home projects kept me off the charts for the most part. hopefully I'll get around to mucking with it later today.www.mjwebhosting.com
Jib says:
he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shittingOriginally posted by ace_dlGuys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for meComment
-
Re: Ubuntu Lucid Lynx
I upgraded yesterday to Lucid, it took like years, downloading and upgrading but, I like it.
It has some little improvements on gdm, like splash and some themes. It has also some kind of integration with social networks accounts with Gwibber, ie: facebook, flickr, etc. (which I don't recommend using).
There were some issues I had with java based programs on karmic, now they run perfectly.
Really don't know about major changes on kernel.Comment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,209
Posts: 1,238,523
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 32
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.


Comment