• thebanned1
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • May 2009

Re: Solid state drives

arschloch
    How to Check the True Bitrate of Your Audio Files - Make Tech Easier

Comment

• TomTom
      Paging Doctor Weeds...we have a shortage on 1st St.
      • May 2002

proud one

Comment

• thebanned1
        DUDERZ get a life!!!
        • May 2009

lol

Comment

• feather
          Shanghai ooompa loompa
          • Jul 2004

Toyed with the idea of replacing the Macbook Pro's DVD drive with an SSD to run Mac OS off it ... how much are SSDs these days, is 120GB the most price-optimum size?

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
          a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
          Originally posted by m1sT3rL
          Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• thebanned1
            DUDERZ get a life!!!
            • May 2009

Originally posted by feather
            Toyed with the idea of replacing the Macbook Pro's DVD drive with an SSD to run Mac OS off it ... how much are SSDs these days, is 120GB the most price-optimum size?
            i paid £150 for mine, you can pick them up pretty cheaply but as i learned the hard way its vital you do research on the controller in the drive also you need to make sure you're motherboard has an ACHI option but be prepared to fork out quite a bit for ones with the best controllers, if i had put the one i got yesterday and installed it in a windows laptop i would of been screwed

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advanced_Host_Controller_Interface

Comment

• Shpira
              Angry Boy Child
              • Oct 2006

yup i have a ocz vertex 2 3.5 --- 120gb for 176 USD
              http://www.amazon.com/OCZ-Technology-Vertex-2-5-Inch-OCZSSD2-2VTXE120G/dp/B003NE5JCO
              Works wonders for the boot up time...have pretty much all programs on it. Have not had any issues with it...
              The Idiots ARE Winning.

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."
              Mark Twain

SOBRIETY MIX

Comment

• thebanned1
                DUDERZ get a life!!!
                • May 2009

Originally posted by Shpira
                yup i have a ocz vertex 2 3.5 --- 120gb for 176 USD
                http://www.amazon.com/OCZ-Technology-Vertex-2-5-Inch-OCZSSD2-2VTXE120G/dp/B003NE5JCO
                Works wonders for the boot up time...have pretty much all programs on it. Have not had any issues with it...
                system specs please ?

this is over a week of nothing but problem after problem with my solid 3 and as usual i,m going from pillar to post with ocz trying to sort it out... the new firmware update was supposed to fix all problems but its far far far worse than it was before lol

i,m currently back on a mechanical drive and the ssd is sitting idle and also empty and i keep getting messages saying a drive has connected when the truth it has alwasy been connected... the sandforce controller is fucked up man

this is what i like about ocz!!! when things start getting bad they just move onto another company to design their controllers for them, its a disgrace... for a company like that i would expect at least a high level of testing before they went and put it all out to the public, i,ll never buy ocz stuff again... man all you have to do is look @ the forums for the drives on the ocz site just to see how many people are having problems... i honestly don't think i,ve seen on positive thread in there yet

Comment

• Shpira
                  Angry Boy Child
                  • Oct 2006

Well this is my work PC...NOT for gaming...I have my laptop for that

So, work PC:

Windows XP 64 bit
                  Intel i7-2600K 3.4 GHZ
                  Custom clocked 8GB Ram
                  Seagate Baracuda 1TB 7200 rpm 3gb/s
                  ocz vertex 2 3.5 --- 120gb
                  NVIDIA GeForce GT 430

As for your comments about OCZ eah...maybe you are right but my company deals a lot with custom built high performance machine...(I have complete and utter beasts that I use for trading) we get to send shit back and get it replace by nxt day mail...for free...but I can honestly say I haven't had any issues so far.

p.s. for fun I use my beast

The Idiots ARE Winning.

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."
                  Mark Twain

SOBRIETY MIX

Comment

Working...