• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • feather
    Shanghai ooompa loompa
    • Jul 2004

Re: MS Suggestion Box

Just looked at the Home page.

I see on the right column, it shows Recommended Artist and My Artists.

1) Maybe we could add a box that says 'Users who like the DJs I like' ? It sounds like an existing feature but I don't see it unless I click on the DJ profile and I see the users subscribed to that profile.

Could be a nice way of connecting people via the same DJs. I'm pretty sure there's already something like that but I don't see it on my Home page?

2) In the left column My Subscriptions, I suggest we port My Subscribed Threads and My Subscribed Forums to there as well so we have a one-stop place ... right now I hardly visit Home because I use Settings to keep track of my subscribed threads and forums.

3) Also I've been wondering, can we do a Recommend button? Eg. I'm checking out a thread in P&R, the set is good, I want to recommend it to somebody like DD or Dhar or Rib, someone whose musical taste I'm familiar with. Kinda like a Facebook Send button. And the recipient gets a PM saying "feather recommended [Thread Title] to you."

So those are the suggestions I have on the user experience.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
    a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
    Originally posted by m1sT3rL
    Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• DIDI
      Aussie Pest
      • Nov 2004

Originally posted by feather
      3) Also I've been wondering, can we do a Recommend button? Eg. I'm checking out a thread in P&R, the set is good, I want to recommend it to somebody like DD or Dhar or Rib, someone whose musical taste I'm familiar with. Kinda like a Facebook Send button. And the recipient gets a PM saying "feather recommended [Thread Title] to you."

So those are the suggestions I have on the user experience.
      Thanks for the thought But I would rather you made a comment in the thread, I have enough trouble keeping my PMs under control [cue boyish sniggers ] as it is Plus it stimulates more discussion about the music. Much and all as I hate to say it would also be very open to abuse.
      Originally posted by TheVrk
      it IS incredible isn't it??
      STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
      Simply does not get any better than Hernan
      The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• feather
        Shanghai ooompa loompa
        • Jul 2004

But if we commented in a thread, how would the other person know the thread is recommended?

I'm thinking of some kinda notification system. It doesn't have to be a PM, it could appear in the Home page under a heading ... Recommended Sets (which is different from the sets you see because you're subscribed to the DJ).

a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
        Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• DIDI
          Aussie Pest
          • Nov 2004

I think you will find a lot don't go to the home page. Isn't there a rating thing for threads. ?? I go to threads if I see someone I know responding or even if there have been a couple of responses . But I do know my thinking tends to be more old school about these things.

Actually a way to do it might be to make it an option so someone like me could block. The way some choose to be invisible. It would get rid of the abuse problem pretty well too !! Keep everyone happy. See, this what happens when people discuss, we come up with more and usually better ideas.
          STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..

Comment

• feather
            Shanghai ooompa loompa
            • Jul 2004

No I don't go to Home either, I use Settings as my [ms] HQ. So I'm thinking if we could combine them and make Home more useful.

Comment

• DIDI
              Aussie Pest
              • Nov 2004

You were always going to be a lot more organised than me

Comment

• Dhar_2
                meat and potatoes
                • Jun 2004

me is liking the idea of a recommend button!

nice one feather!

Comment

• Dhar_2
                  meat and potatoes
                  • Jun 2004

i dont know how feasible this is, and i appreciate someone is going to have to put themselves out to do it.

but a reduce weight iphone/android/htc freindly mobile internet alternative would be great for checking in on the move.

Comment

• feather
                    Shanghai ooompa loompa
                    • Jul 2004

There's this app called Tapatalk that [ms] is optimised for, I tried the cracked version because the first time I logged onto [ms] from my iphone, I was notified (for some reason) that [ms] is optimised or has this feature turned on.

Comment

• mnbvcxz
                      Platinum Poster
                      • Feb 2006

I'd like to see a section/feature that focuses on compilation and single reviews. Similar to RA basically.

This should drive traffic to the site too.

Comment

• mnbvcxz
                        Platinum Poster
                        • Feb 2006

There's this app called Tapatalk that [ms] is optimised for, I tried the cracked version because the first time I logged onto [ms] from my iphone, I was notified (for some reason) that [ms] is optimised or has this feature turned on.
                        It's optimised for vBulletin boards. Haven't heard great reviews about it though.

Native iOS app for MS!

Comment

• feather
                          Shanghai ooompa loompa
                          • Jul 2004

[ms] uses vBulletin I've only tried it for [ms] and haven't compared it with other forums or apps, so I can't really give feedback.

Comment

• mnbvcxz
                            Platinum Poster
                            • Feb 2006

[ms] uses vBulletin I've only tried it for [ms] and haven't compared it with other forums or apps, so I can't really give feedback.
                            Yeah I know.

Comment

• DIDI
                              Aussie Pest
                              • Nov 2004

My suggestion , it would be wonderful if everyone wrote as if they were actually face to face in a room with the people they were talking to .

Comment

• Shpira
                                Angry Boy Child
                                • Oct 2006

Originally posted by nikoa
                                I'd like to see a section/feature that focuses on compilation and single reviews. Similar to RA basically.

This should drive traffic to the site too.
                                I second that...although...I can't promise to contribute much

My suggestion , it would be wonderful if everyone wrote as if they were actually face to face in a room with the people they were talking to .
                                well...some do behave like that...
                                The Idiots ARE Winning.

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."
                                Mark Twain

SOBRIETY MIX

Comment

Working...