X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jaskkonii
    Are you Kidding me??
    • Apr 2007

Jamie Jones mixes Fabric 59

Jamie Jones has mixed the next Fabric installment, due out in September.

Co-head of the Hot Creations label along with Lee Foss, Jones has seen his stock rise considerably over the past few years, garnering him the #6 slot in the RA DJ poll last year. That's largely down to the pop-inflected house that Jones has begun to peddle more regularly. Fans can expect a large dose of that on Fabric 59, which sees Jones teaming with Foss as Hot Natured on two tracks and plenty of edits from Jones himself as well. Felix Da Housecat, Crazy P and Oppenheimer Analysis all feature as well, the latter of which no doubt adds an old school flavor to the mix.

Tracklist

01. Hot Natured feat. Ali Love & Kenny Glasgow - Time Intro
    02. Sebastien Tellier - La Ritournelle (Metronomy Mix)
    03. James Teej - Don't Appear (Redux)
    04. Coat Of Arms - Is This Something (Jones Fly Edit)
    05. White Lions - DePalma
    06. Karen Pollack - You Can't Touch Me (Murk Remix - Jones Fly Edit)
    07. Cajmere feat. Jamie Principle - God Sent ('10)
    08. Felix Da Housecat - Madame Hollywood
    09. Waifs & Strays - Body Shiver
    10. jennygoesdirty - Amoureux Solitaires
    11. Hot Natured feat. Ali Love & Kenny Glasgow - Assimilation
    12. Crazy P - Open For Service
    13. Panthers - Goblin City (Holy Ghost Mix)
    14. Oppenheimer Analysis - The Devil's Dancers
    15. Jamie Jones - The Lows
    16. soho808 - Get Up Disco
    17. Footprintz - Fear Of Numbers

Fabric will release Fabric 59 on September 12th, 2011.

If You Can Walk_you Can Dance ...

Trippy Sounds

deeper into the darkness of the underground.
  • Dhar_2
    meat and potatoes
    • Jun 2004

Re: Jamie Jones mixes Fabric 59

intriguing!

these guys are making a name for themselves.

Comment

• unrecogniseduser
      Platinum Poster
      • Jun 2004

wonder if it's possible to stop my subscription for 1 month.....
      motherlover

Comment

• clintlove
        Hey girl, ya Hungry?
        • Jun 2004

haha ^^^

Felix the fucking meowing overly shedding clawing up my leather chair getting kitty little all over the goddamn floor always sticking its ass in your face when he wants something loveable Housecat.

Music is the answer, to your problems. Keep on movin', till you solve them.

sigpic

Comment

• simonr
          Transitionator
          • Jun 2004

Found his RA very underwhelming ... but will see what the postman brings.

Although not too impressed with some of the pop/nu-disco electonic music that people are saying is cool and this new thing.
          sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• unrecogniseduser
            Platinum Poster
            • Jun 2004

i saw him recently in Munich and the pop/new disco thing was horrendous
            motherlover

Comment

• unrecogniseduser
              Platinum Poster
              • Jun 2004

when bender420 and I went to the urban artforms festival there was an act listed as "Felix the Houserat". No idea if it was a misspelling or a different guy because i didnt care enough to actually go and see, but it was on every flyer
              motherlover

Comment

• simonr
                Transitionator
                • Jun 2004

There will be tons more of it as the clones come out of the woodwork. Lots of DJ's dressed ironically with moustaches, wearing oversized glasses and playing re-edits of random drops of cheesy naff pop tunes that don't fit together off their laptops.

woo-hoo
                sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• feather
                  Shanghai ooompa loompa
                  • Jul 2004

Originally posted by simonr

Although not too impressed with some of the pop/nu-disco electonic music that people are saying is cool and this new thing.
                  x2

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
                  a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
                  Originally posted by m1sT3rL
                  Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• feather
                    Shanghai ooompa loompa
                    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by simonr
                    There will be tons more of it as the clones come out of the woodwork. Lots of DJ's dressed ironically with moustaches, wearing oversized glasses and playing re-edits of random drops of cheesy naff pop tunes that don't fit together off their laptops.

woo-hoo

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
                    a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
                    Originally posted by m1sT3rL
                    Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• fabriclondon
                      Fresh Peossy
                      • Apr 2011

Jamie Jones has become a household name and created an accessible brand for a new generation of dance music fans with his Hot Natured guise and Hot Creations label. His fabric compilation episode comes as he rides the crest of a tidal wave of popularity for him and his Crosstown Rebels and Visionquest crew that are forming a new cluster of stars. It's a great honour to have Jamie join our CD series with the impeccable fabric59..

As you may be aware we have had to put back the CD release to next Monday, 22nd August. This is because we lost most of the stock in the Sony/PIAS warehouse fire last week & we’ve had to work very hard to make sure Jamie’s CD will be ready to go on the shelves next week.

All's not lost because you can still get your hands on the digital copy before then, just follow the links below:

Amazon: http://amzn.to/p20PHp
                      fabric: http://bit.ly/rqHOHP
                      Digital – Junodownload: http://bit.ly/n14g8K

As if that wasnt enough, we've been losing our minds watching the new promo video. Get ready to morph into fabric59..

Sorry, we couldn’t find that page

Jamie will be back in Room One September 24th. See you on the dancefloor

x

Comment

• clintlove
                        Hey girl, ya Hungry?
                        • Jun 2004

Definitely not into his new sound. Wish he still made tracks like this.

Music is the answer, to your problems. Keep on movin', till you solve them.

sigpic

Comment

• unrecogniseduser
                          Platinum Poster
                          • Jun 2004

well, i guess we will see next week whether i have wasted my 8 quid. Maybe the london riots were good for something after all
                          motherlover

Comment

• Bender420
                            Tickle me Elmo!
                            • Jun 2004

you can always mail your copy to me.
                            Don't let anyone drive you crazy when you know it's in walking distance.

"some things simply aren’t meant to be bootybumped. Hard liquor is a prime example, as it will burn like a motherfuck."

Comment

• Kinetic
                              Platinum Poster
                              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by feather
                              x2

x3

Actually this whole wave of music coming out of the Visionquest/Crosstown Rebels/Hot Natured triad is completely f***ing boring to me, this whole ´underground pop´ sound, as Seth Troxler called it. It is, in fact, nothimg more than moaning, melancholic dance pop musivc to me, and Seth Troxler is becoming to this sound what Richie was for the ´Minus sound´.

I lean more to the techno side, that´s true, but listen to a lot of house music when I go out, and give me something like Kassem Mosse´s or DJ Qu´s recent RA mixes, or some guy like John Osborn, over this pop crap, anytime.
                              "I play music at people" - Surgeon

http://soundcloud.com/kineticdj
                              http://djkinetic.official.fm

Comment

Working...