• Show
Clear All
  • AchtungBaby!
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • Feb 2009

Hernán Cattáneo Resident | Delta FM 90.3 • 17.09.2011 • Episode 020

kptne.jpg

Part 1 Tracklist

1.Michel De Hey Vs. M.I.R.K.O. - Give Me A Light (Rodriguez Jr. Remix)
    2.Lair - Spada Sven Elmlund - Loud (Alexander Kowalski Remix)
    3.Slideshow Park - Shining (Solee Remix)
    4.Max Cooper - Qualia

Part 2 Tracklist

1.Rich Curtis - Partial Credit (Scotty.A Remix)
    2.Giorgos Gatzigristos - Flush (Paul Hazendonk Manual Remix)
    3.Villains - Slow Thump (Sian insulated remix)
    4.Marc Poppcke & Max von Valentiner - Never Go Back
    5.Diego Poblets - Meridians And Parallels

Last edited by AchtungBaby!; September 18, 2011, 12:57:18 PM.

"vision over visibility" Paul Hewson
  • stephen028
    Addiction started
    • Nov 2007

Re: Hernán Cattáneo Resident | Delta FM 90.3 • 17.09.2011 • Episode 020

oooooo. sounds yummy!

Comment

• AchtungBaby!
      DUDERZ get a life!!!
      • Feb 2009

Comment

• AchtungBaby!
        DUDERZ get a life!!!
        • Feb 2009

Solid show.... First and last track on Part2 defo got my attention at first listen.. Couple of goodies on Part 1 as well..

Had a great time

Comment

• stephen028
          Addiction started
          • Nov 2007

great show this week(par excellence per usual). where everyone be?

Comment

• DIDI
            Aussie Pest
            • Nov 2004

Hmm I guess Hoff didn't get my pm . Been working again. Now I get to download and listen !!!

Resident / Episode 020 / September 17 2011 • September 18th, 2011

Part 1 Tracklist

Michel De Hey Vs. M.I.R.K.O. - Give Me A Light (Rodriguez Jr. Remix)
            Lair - Spada
            Sven Elmlund - Loud (Alexander Kowalski Remix)
            Slideshow Park - Shining (Solee Remix)
            Max Cooper - Qualia

Part 2 Tracklist

Rich Curtis - Partial Credit (Scotty.A Remix)
            Giorgos Gatzigristos - Flush (Paul Hazendonk Manual Remix)
            Villains - Slow Thump (Sian insulated remix)
            Marc Poppcke & Max von Valentiner - Never Go Back
            Diego Poblets - Meridians And Parallels

Originally posted by TheVrk
            it IS incredible isn't it??
            STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
            Simply does not get any better than Hernan
            The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• simonr
              Transitionator
              • Jun 2004

Hernán Cattáneo : Resident (Delta_FM 90.3) - Episode 020

Part 1:

01. Michel De Hey Vs. M.I.R.K.O. - Give Me A Light (Rodriguez Jr. Remix) [HEY! Records | #HEY 017]
              02. Spada - Lair (Affin To You EP) [Manual Music | MAN 067]
              03. Sven Elmlund - Loud (Alexander Kowalski Remix) [Damage Music Berlin | DMB006]
              04. Slideshow Park - Shining (Solee Remix) [Highway Records | HWR13]
              05. Max Cooper - Qualia (Digital Only - Empirisch EP) [Traum Schallplatten | Traum V141]

Part 2:

01. Rich Curtis - Partial Credit (Scotty.A Remix) [Tulipa Recordings | TULIPA019]
              02. Giorgos Gatzigristos - Flush (Paul Hazendonk Manual Remix) (Natural Selection Remixes EP) [Outside The Box Music | OTB059]
              03. Villains - Slow Thump (Sian Insulated Mix) [Octopus Records | OCT20]
              04. Marc Poppcke & Max von Valentiner - Never Go Back [Crossfrontier Audio | CFA001]
              05. Diego Poblets - Meridians And Parallels [unsigned]

Release Notes:

01. Michel De Hey Vs. M.I.R.K.O. - Give Me A Light (Rodriguez Jr. Remix) [HEY! Records | #HEY 017]

Track info

A1: Give Me A Light (Rodriguez Jr. Remix)
              B1: Give Me A Light
              B2: Waiting And Waiting (Juan Sanchez Remix)

After the last release for EC and Paul Ritch's Quartz label, Michel de Hey and M.I.R.K.O. are back on HEY! Joining the forces are none less than Rodriguez Jr and Juan Sanchez.

After a great summer for Michel with his HEY! events in clubs, beaches and festivals, it was time to deliver that vibe to the label again. With this new ep that mission is easily accomplished. The original tracks are typical for Michel; tough but funky and made for the dancefloor. All tracks have proven their value at numerous nights, with "Give me a light" as an anthem for (the now closed) Catwalk in Rotterdam, whilst the original version of "Waiting and waiting" has proven to be a great closer to his festival sets.

HEY! as a label is closely connected to the guests on the Hey! events. In the past there has been Paul Kalkbrenner, Coyu+Imbernon, Funk D'Void, Mr G... All of them have been a guest at one of the parties and also artists Michel really admires. Rodriguez Jr, who is about to release an album for Mobilee, is a regular guest on the parties. Although being extremely busy, he found the time to create a sublime remix in his trademark style perfectly in conjunction with the HEY! sound. Juan Sanchez has had a fantastic 2011 already, with releases on Bla Bla, Neuro Traxx and Great Stuff. Furthermore he hosts a highly successful club night called Format at Air in Amsterdam. His remix is smooth and subtle and will for sure stay in the bags of all the connaisseurs for months.

While Michel's EC imprint is still doing damage with the summer smash from Taras van de Voorde ("The game), he has returned to HEY! with a great package to satisfy the needs of all his followers. If you want to hear the tracks live, just join in at one of the HEY! nights or Michel his own gigs at Space in Ibiza, Techno Parade Paris, Madrid, Serbia, Uk, Italy and more...

DJ FEEDBACK

karotte: good record again from the dutch boys. and good remixes too. will play all.
              timo maas: originals are cool
              gregor tresher: both originals r my favs here, another great hey release! juan´s mix cool as well!
              Ken Ishii: The pad sounds rocks!
              paco osuna: very nice ep full support
              hernan cattaneo: very good stuff support
              Toni Rios: Rodriguez Jr. Remix for me. play it! thanx
              slam: Nice ep will play.
              mauro picotto: nice sound, will test this weekend, thanks
              martin landsky: Rodriguez mix and the juan sanchez remix for me here, both tracks are cool...
              Vince Watson: Give Me a Light is my fav
              david labeij: Mister sanchezzzz.... lekker bezig as we say in holland!!!
              laurent Garnier: yesss , Rodriguez Mix !!! Ohhh yessssss. Very good ep alltogether
              CHRIS FORTIER: rodriguez jr good. juan sanchez even better
              rene amesz: give me a light ... original mix for me
              Nuno Dos Santos: Waiting & Waiting was just what i was waiting for haha. Lovely track! Also Rodriguez remix is cool!
              angel molina: 'Waiting And Waiting' original / Shakeyabum Remix have a nice detroitish feeling, nice tracks. thanks.

Spada is Ermanno Spadati, Brixen (Italy) an electronic producer from italy.

http://soundcloud.com/spada/tracks

His music is a crossover of various styles and feelings. From the trademark warm rolling bass, to the loopy Moroder bass of his own track "The Match", to the EBM styling, all wrapped up with his own style of big room neo-prog sound. Be sure to check out his own productions with a string of rock solid dancefloor movers on Boxer Sport, Maripoza, Manual Music, Flash, and KarateKlub, and endorsements from big guns like Florian Meindl, Erol Alkan, Sasha, John Digweed. certainly be keeping a keen eye out for his next releases out in december 2010 and january 2011: remix for Traum Schallplatten and the GAP Ep out on Blue Cola rec.

Affin To You EP

1. Lair 

2. Green 

3. Affin To You 

4. My Bloody Valentine

Check out the official video of the forthcoming Spada release on Manual Music. This is part 1 of a 2 part story which will be continued with the video of the ‘Green’ track upon release of this EP. Release date will be September 26 2011.

Enjoy!

Released by: Manual Music
              Release/catalogue number: Manual67
              Release date: Sep 26, 2011

03. Sven Elmlund - Loud (Alexander Kowalski Remix) [Damage Music Berlin | DMB006]

Tracklist:
              01. Loud (6:05) 

02. Loud (Alexander Kowalski Remix) (7:42)

03. Echo (6:32)

04. Endless (6:25)

05. Endless (Dirty Doering Remix) (6:53)

The summer brings a new digital-only release from Alexander Kowalski’s young, active and vigorous label Damage Music Berlin. Featured artist is Berlin’s Sven Elmlund and his 5-track release “Loud”. Elmlund is somewhat of a multi-talent – film, photography and music productions – he has released on Sender Berlin’s unGleich label as well as the excellent “Sudden Success EP” on Funkhaus in 2003.

With his “Loud” release, Elmlund allows the beat to rest mainly in the very modern house range, avoiding stark minimalism in favor of crisp, groovy basslines and percussive slaps. The opening title track swings along as if self-generated, the driving bass weaving well with cowbell hits and excellent sound effects. Kowalski then remixes the track as if in photo-negative: contrasting intriguingly, giving punch and pulse to the swing yet bringing it around skillfully to the gratifying root of the work.

Track three “Echo” takes a slightly more minimal approach, circumventing bleak to lush keyboards that swathe across this contemporary track. This is followed by “Endless”, a piece dabbling in a darker mood; almost nodding to an 80’s feeling, sparkling into deepness: this could have been a quiet Anne Clarke score in its melancholy and introspectiveness yet proudly exerts a distinct modern sound.

Next up “Endless” is remixed by Dirty Doering, who you well remember from his “Loco Remixes” on Damage (DMB003). Here the track gets an injection of bite and groove in the form of vocal and woodwind samples jabbing and nudging in just the right places, carrying the track to excellent dance proportions.

04. Slideshow Park - Shining (Solee Remix) [Highway Records | HWR13]

Original mix of “Shining” is a perfect summer anthem by Slideshow Park — talented indie project from Moscow, based on promising Xuman Records.

Vinyl edition includes brilliant remixes by artists whose names speak for themselves: deep house legend Phonique (Dessous, Poker Flat, Systematic, Moodmusic, Souvenir), Parquet Recordings owner Solee (also releasing his production on such imprints as Renaissance, Yoshitoshi, Global Underground and Dieb Audio) and British duo The BeatThiefs known for their massive house tunes on Spinnin, Big & Dirty, Ultra and Flamingo. Release also completed with digital exclusive — remix by Spieltape (Global Underground, Darkroom Dubs, Time Has Changed).

Released by: Highway Records
              Release/catalogue number: HWR13

05. Max Cooper - Qualia (Digital Only - Empirisch EP) [Traum Schallplatten | Traum V141]

"I wanted to make something deep and soothing with this one, nothing too hectic or in your face, but with plenty of interesting production to keep it fresh despite the subtle structure. I was toying with various names along the lines of some sort of introspective, peaceful theme, so I went for qualia - not exactly a specifically peaceful term, but something relating to introspection, and with a lot of interesting associated theory behind it." [Max Cooper]

Max Coopers returns to Traum with his brand new “Empirisch“ EP. He opens his EP with “Echoes Reality” and we realise right away this might be another cornerstone of Max Cooper’s musical carrier. Inspiring and beautifully crafted as it moves from wonderful lush sounds to a sequences of screeching tones and back to heavenly sounds, “Echoes Reality” shows all signs of an metamorphosis deluxe realised on the highest possible level of production. From roaring basslines to Cadillac squeaking tires to ambrosial vocals... this is Max Cooper at his best and a true “tour de force”.

For the first time on vinyl an ambient rework of “The End Of Reason” is highlighted here. This version is an all-time favourite of Max Cooper and was high in demands by his fans. Enjoy the symphonic quality of the track.

“Darkroom” has a amazing post Detroit feeling to it as well as a Chicago jack one... which works nicely by the interaction of emotional sounding pit shifted chords and jack percussion.

Max skilfully controls this stream of sounds with an almost live played attitude... gently building up peaks of frenzy and then bringing down the energy level again. Darkroom sets a great contrast to “Echoes Reality” and we could well imagine this being played out together with a Paul Kalkbrenner track.

It comes as a surprise that we have John Tejada here with a remix, but have known him for quite a while, releases a remix of his before on Trapez and have a solo from him and Justin Maxwell coming out on Trapez in September. His remix uses that equation that has always made Tejada tracks so special and which show his “lifetime” experience. Tejada step by step keeps adding one piece of the puzzle in a dry and seemingly unemotional but emotional way to create the whole track. This is great art and nothing the new producers of today can really get going. This is a bit of a Trapez feeling here on Traum.

With “Qualia” we have the wonderful world of midgets, monsters and flourishing colours. Max Cooper has written here quite a "happy" track at times almost ambient in a classic way... still making use of the drowning and droning sounds that are a Max Cooper treat. 

Release date: 5th September 2011

06. Rich Curtis - Partial Credit (Scotty.A Remix) [Tulipa Recordings | TULIPA019]

Written, Arranged & Produced by Rich Curtis (Brisbane, Australia)

There are few underground DJ/producers in Brisbane with as good an ear for 'big tunes' as Rich Curtis. An honours graduate from the university of epic progressive house as taught by Professors Sasha, Digweed and Cattaneo, Rich has become one of the Queensland capitalís most valuable closing slamfest DJs with a relentless approach to his DJ sets; sets built on a foundation of chugging bottom end and rolling percussion but with enough sprinklings of melody to keep music fans shoulder to shoulder with dancefloor junkies in front of him whenever he plays.

It ís Rich's discipline as a musician which has set him apart from the growing band of aspiring jocks in south-east Queensland through the mid to late noughties. Where many DJs - established, aspiring or otherwise - struggle to piece together one promo mix a year, you can set your watch to Rich turning in two quality mixes every month - always fresh, always epic, and always staying faithful to his sound, which sits at the big room end of progressive and tech house.

Schooled in the art of keyboard, trumpet, guitar and drums, it's hardly surprising that Rich has an affinity with the more musical end of house music. He continues to draw inspiration from the progressive scene's 1990s godfathers, with his endlessly rolling style and music collection very much reminiscent of John Digweed in full flight. So it's appropriate that he's played a pivotal role in bringing some of the other progressive masters to Brisbane, hosting Anthony Pappa on four separate occasions in the last four years (playing back to back with the man in 2009!) and also providing a leading hand in getting Hernan Cattaneo to Brisbane for the first time ever in 2009, then again for Ulterior in 2010.

It was inevitable that Rich turned his hand to promoting, and he's successfully hosted the Ulterior and Embrace nights under the banner of the Ritual Events promotional company. Rich also pushes his sound through a residency at Brisbane's Barsoma (for Ulterior), and in the past at Caloundra's Tonic Lounge (for House Arrest) and Luna Loca on the Gold Coast.

In mid-2010 Rich turned his attention to production and in the space of 3 weeks churned out his first batch of underground prog-tech/tech-house tunes, several of which caught the ear of Replug Records' label boss Cid Inc (ex Mashtronic) who has continued to sign and remix some of Rich's productions through 2011. Combine his increasingly busy DJ/production schedule with a monthly show "Resolutions" on insomniafm.com and guest appearances on JJJ and 4ZzZ radio and you get to understand why Rich Curtis has become such a valuable player on this local scene. His lifelong mission to bring the music is bearing fruit, and his studies at the school of prog are all but complete

Released soon on Tulipa Records
              Released by: Tulipa Recordings
              Release date: Oct 10, 2011

07. Giorgos Gatzigristos - Flush (Paul Hazendonk Manual Remix) (Natural Selection Remixes EP) [Outside The Box Music | OTB059]

We recently had Giorgos Gatzigristos on the label with the incredible three-track Natural Selection EP. Well known from steady appearances on record labels such as Bedrock, Manual Music and Wolfskuil Records, Natural Selection got major support from Hernan Cattaneo, Nuno Dos Santos, Slam, Bushwacka and a variety of other DJs.
              From the mesmerizing melodies and throbbing bassline of Natural Selection to the lush strings and broken beats of Flush, Giorgos intense, characteristic sound is written all over this EP; a textbook example of melodic techno at its best.

To complement that EP, we now bring your three fresh remixes by Examine, Yoram and Paul Hazendonk. From the mesmerizing melodies and throbbing bassline of Natural Selection to the lush strings and broken beats of Flush, all mixes are really well crafted and appeal to a wide variety of audiences. We hope you are as excited about these as we are!

Released by: Outside the Box Music
              Release/catalogue number: OTB059
              Release date: Sep 14, 2011

08. Villains - Slow Thump (Sian Insulated Mix) [Octopus Records | OCT20]

Heading stateside next we proudly present our newest roster talents, this duo blew us away with their high end laser cut precision, their sound is druggy, dark and drenched in the pounding tropical debauchery of Miami. Cold as ice and burning as the midnight sun,the duo's technical and off kilter programming will cut a swathe through the techno scene. For the first time remixing on his own label, Octopus boss Sian wrestles the lead track into a strangle hold of subby synth tones and explosive break action. Loaded with vice and capturing perfectly the raw, neon lit club subculture of Miami, the ep marks the start of a new cross atlantic connection.

09. Marc Poppcke & Max von Valentiner - Never Go Back [Crossfrontier Audio | CFA001]

Crossing frontiers… Crossfrontier Audio

http://soundcloud.com/crossfrontier-audio/tracks

What a coup. The opportunity to leave a personal mark with a record label, to bring together new and unsung heroes with old and experienced pros, to combine new things with those that have been tested, and to build something that holds everything together. Like in his DJ sets, Marc Poppcke is not willing to make any compromises and has no respect for boundaries. He wants to cross frontiers.

A1 - Marc Poppcke & Max von Valentiner - Never Go Back
              A2 - Lake People - Tellap Tac
              B1 - Salvatore Freda - Inviction
              B2 - Frieder Blume - We Play For Love

[A1] Imagine Berlin, imagine sunrise, imagine the party you left some minutes ago… Haha, I know what’s on your mind. And no, I don’t mean those cute summer open air venues your tourist guide talks about. It’s November and the Berlin summer has gone. It’s cold, it’s foggy, the shafts of sunlight have to find their way… And yes, it’s fucking beautiful and so is the track.

[A2] Leipzig is calling. Well known for his debut on Kollektiv Turmstrasse’s ‘Musik Gewinnt Freunde’ Lake People impresses with his minimalistic trademark sound that dares to be melodic as well. Great stuff for the special moments on the dancefloor.

[B1] After numerous great and ingenious releases on Cadenza, Liebe*Detail, Freerange and others, Salvatore continues with another effective lesson in hypnosis and self-awareness. Don’t ask, don’t tell, just see for yourself!

[B2] Frieder sounds like those worldly-wise professionals that definitely know their business. But in fact it’s his first track on vinyl and we all can imagine what this guy will sound like in a few years. ‘We Play For Love’ builds and builds and builds and culminates in a climax… BAM! Rewind please…

Released by: Crossfrontier Audio
              Release/catalogue number: cfa001
              Release date: Sep 30, 2011

10. Diego Poblets - Meridians And Parallels [unsigned]

Continuing to bring new artists to our attention through Resident things conclude with Diego Poblets of Cordoba, Argentina.

http://soundcloud.com/diego-poblets/tracks

DJ/PRODUCER 
Baroque Records 
Per-Vurt Records 
Stripped Muzik
              sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• Mark Santangelo
                Getting Somewhere
                • Aug 2004

an other wicked mix from Hernan

Don't forget UK heads he playing Manchester just over 2 weeks time from now, in a small intimate venue he going to tear the place apart!

all info here http://www.movement-uk.com
                Listen to some of my own mixes here
                http://soundcloud.com/marksantangelo

Comment

• Hoff
                  Are you Kidding me??
                  • Aug 2009

Originally posted by DIDI

Hmm I guess Hoff didn't get my pm . Been working again. Now I get to download and listen !!!

I just see : )

wuouwwwwww watching the episode cells and part1 ends with Qualia

since cooper live loom _ I dreamed with hernán welding qualia

have not heard anything from 018 _ 019 + 020 so very very ........ tomorrow will download this

Comment

• Illuminate
                    DUDERZ get a life!!!
                    • Aug 2009

What a spectacular track. Definitely need to get my hands on his EP.
                    Cheers for the up and review guys, excellent work as always.
                    Am I glad to stream these podcasts at work...

The One contains the Many, and the Many contains the One:
                    Sbando
                    - You Will Be Missed.

"Mankind has the propensity to fuck itself up on anything it lays its hands on."
                    Feather

"Who moderates this forum and makes these decisions? Stevie Wonder?"
                    Bob
                    "i'd give her a muscle she doesn't have "
                    the banned1

"I love you Illuminate... that's divine/creator/God in me loving the origin of you."
                    KiwiTollway

Comment

• DIDI
                      Aussie Pest
                      • Nov 2004

^^^ You going to see him when he is here??
                      Originally posted by TheVrk
                      it IS incredible isn't it??
                      STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
                      Simply does not get any better than Hernan
                      The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• unkle
                        Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                        • Mar 2007

I missed it, I need to hear this immediately.

Comment

• GregWhelan
                          Are you Kidding me??
                          • Jun 2004

Thought part one was solid. Part 2 bored me a bit though.

Comment

• Illuminate
                            DUDERZ get a life!!!
                            • Aug 2009

Originally posted by DIDI
                            ^^^ You going to see him when he is here??
                            If this one was for me?
                            Then shit yes!!! I would not miss it for the world.

The One contains the Many, and the Many contains the One:
                            Sbando
                            - You Will Be Missed.

"Mankind has the propensity to fuck itself up on anything it lays its hands on."
                            Feather

"Who moderates this forum and makes these decisions? Stevie Wonder?"
                            Bob
                            "i'd give her a muscle she doesn't have "
                            the banned1

"I love you Illuminate... that's divine/creator/God in me loving the origin of you."
                            KiwiTollway

Comment

• Syntaxx
                              Fresh Peossy
                              • Mar 2011

awesome part of the show!

Comment

Working...