Clear All
  • DIDI
    Aussie Pest
    • Nov 2004

Hernán Cattáneo Resident | Delta FM 90.3 • 28.01.2012 • Episode 038

0SeR4.jpg

New Banner!! Thank you Hoff !!

Part 1 Tracklist

Goldfrapp - Strict Machine (Jamie Jones Remix)
    Igor Cold - 2 Moons
    Caytas & Patz - Are You Afraid
    Deepmariano - Find me on the ocean
    John Gham - Cortinas Rojas

Part 2 Tracklist

Guy Mantzur - Amorphous Love (Deepfunk's 2am Mix)
    UNKLE - Heaven (Juan Deminicis Unofficial Remix)
    Nikko.Z - The Lizard King
    Guy J - My Thought Of You (Sian's telepathic mix)
    Last edited by DIDI; January 28, 2012, 11:11:50 PM.
    Originally posted by TheVrk
    it IS incredible isn't it??
    STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
    Simply does not get any better than Hernan
    The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies
  • Hoff
    Are you Kidding me??
    • Aug 2009

Re: Hernán Cattáneo Resident | Delta FM 90.3 • 28.01.2012 • Episode 038

Comment

• DIDI
      Aussie Pest
      • Nov 2004

I find that pic really disturbing. It's a really good photo , but it makes me feel as though I am looking at something I shouldn't be looking at !

This and last weeks certainly show how much diversity he is capable of. But there is actually a track on last weeks that is totally UNdancerable for me.
      STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..

Comment

• TheVrk
        Gold Gabber
        • May 2006

I found this episode exquisitely terrific..much better than last week's which was a bit down tbh.
        I felt this episode much, much more.

My top 2 trax gotta be :

Originally posted by DIDI
        Caytas & Patz - Are You Afraid

Nikko.Z - The Lizard King

Comment

• nick007
          DUDERZ get a life!!!
          • Oct 2007

Must agree with both of you - didn't enjoy last weeks segment at all - both parts. I am liking this one alot.

Deepmariano track reminded me a bit of Sander Kleinenberg in his early days

The largest room in the world, is the room for improvement!

Comment

• DIDI
            Aussie Pest
            • Nov 2004

For me probably just 034 amazingly is perfect! I'm even going to go to the trouble to take out some of the voiceovers to keep it. Wouldn't bother except that the voiceovers at the beginning, middle and end are louder than the music .

Comment

• nick007
              DUDERZ get a life!!!
              • Oct 2007

I am liking this more and more

The largest room in the world, is the room for improvement!

Comment

• nelinho
                Are you Kidding me??
                • Sep 2011

good stuff...before 37 hadnt listened since fecking 26. What a fool I was. Annoying when real life stuff gets in the way of things like Cattaneo

Comment

• nelinho
                  Are you Kidding me??
                  • Sep 2011

37 for was ok...

Comment

• DIDI
                    Aussie Pest
                    • Nov 2004

You have to listen to 34 !! 33 and 35 are very good as well.

Comment

• nelinho
                      Are you Kidding me??
                      • Sep 2011

ok...will go have a geeze for them

Comment

• simonr
                        Transitionator
                        • Jun 2004

Hernán Cattáneo : Resident (Delta_FM 90.3) - Episode 038

Part 1:

01. Goldfrapp - Strict Machine (Jamie Jones Remix) [Mute | Promo]
                        02. Igor Cold - 2 Moons [Somebodys Story Music | Promo]
                        03. Caytas & Patz - Are You Afraid [Truesoul | TRUE1233]
                        04. El Escualř - Find Me On The Ocean (Deep Mariano Remix) [Hello Memi Friends Records | HMFR014]
                        05. John Gham - Cortinas Rojas [Flash Recordings | FLASH 049]

Part 2:

01. Guy Mantzur - Amorphous Love (Deepfunk's 2am Mix) (Reflow Vol 1) [Flow Vinyl | FV037]
                        02. UNKLE - Heaven (Juan Deminicis Unofficial Remix) [unreleased]
                        03. Nikko.Z - The Lizard King [unreleased]
                        04. Guy J - My Thought Of You (Sian's Telepathic Mix Remix) [Bedrock Digital | BEDGJDIGI01]

Release Notes:

01. Goldfrapp - Strict Machine (Jamie Jones Remix) [Mute | Promo]

Limited release info.

2003's 'Strict Machine' was written by London group Goldfrapp and Nick Batt for their second studio album Black Cherry - here Resident Adviser poll topper Jamie Jone's takes things back onto the dance-floor for 2011 with a very hip remix.

Described by an RA staffer as 'The chillest bro in dance music' the rise of the Hot Creations boss is more down to hard work. Jones was billed at circ. 142 gigs in 2011, which means he nearly averaged a set every second day. Couple this with a lauded fabric CD, a whole host of remixes and the expert co-curation of a label that came to define the sound of clubland in 2011, and you're left with a simple equation. The hottest tracks + the most gigs = the #1 DJ of 2011.

02. Igor Cold - 2 Moons [Somebodys Story Music | Promo]

Igor Cold is live performer and producer from Russia, an exclusive artist and resident of Proton Radio with show Somebody’s Story, Igor is also owner of the Somebodys Story label.

Out in March, '2 Moons' is a moody progressive number with some beautiful synths.

03. Caytas & Patz - Are You Afraid [Truesoul | TRUE1233]

Alex Caytas and Aleks Patz make their debut on Truesoul with a deeply hypnotic and darkly flavored cut, Are You Afraid; pairing a rolling groove with shadowy suspense-laden brass and ominous sounding vocals to create a distinctive late-night mood changer.

The remix selection makes for an all-Swedish line up with Nihad Tule and Joel Mull. Tule creates a rougher version; using a harsh kick and dynamic percussion to toughen things up, while Mulls Dub Edit stays closer to the deepness of the original but injects flavor via gruff bass, tense pads and a mind-warping vocal re-arrangement.

Label: Truesoul
                        Format: 12", Digital
                        Released by: Truesoul
                        Release/catalogue number: TRUE1233
                        Release date: Jan 23, 2012

04. El Escualř - Find Me On The Ocean (Deep Mariano Remix) [Hello Memi Friends Records | HMFR014]

Almost ten years have passed since Mariano Marcial Pérez entered to the music scene under the artistic name of Deep Mariano. After playing in most of the best clubs in his hometown (Rosario – Argentina) he started to show up in the Buenos Aires electronic music scene and slowly but firmly gained recognition.

By that time, he had been writing and producing music. His EP “2002” caught John Digweed ‘s attention of, who played it on his own radio show “Transitions”. His work has also the support of top world djs like Hernan Cattaneo, Sasha and Laurent Garnier. He has as well remixed top artists like Switch (M.I.A’s producer), Pole Folder, Jeff Bennet. His music has been released by underground and major labels like Snejl, Frisky Records and Sony Music among others. His last remarkable piece is his remix of “Loba”, one of the songs of Shakira’s new album. 

After his first performance at Creamfields Bs.As in 2005 his career started to grow. The festival definitely meant a step forward in his career, implying performances in some of the world’s top clubs like WOMB (Tokyo – Japan) , WARUNG (Brazil), Pachá (Buenos Aires) or State (Buenos Aires),appearances in John Digweed’s radio show “Transitions” and in DJ Magazine as “Breaktrough DJ 2008” where Hernan Cataneo voted him. In addition to this, as a supporter dj, he warmed up the audience before Sasha’s, Digweed’s, Junkie XL’s, Jimmy Van M’s and Hernan Cattaneo’s sessions. Besides, he shared big festivals like “Southfest” with artists like LCD Soundsystem, Ladytron or MSTRKRFT and played several times in “Moonpark”.

Now Mariano is about to release his first artist album “Toolbox”, which will reflect the influences of almost a decade of career…

05. John Gham - Cortinas Rojas [Flash Recordings | FLASH 049]

FLASH is the label that represents Florian Meindl's taste in electronic music and will establish musical visions and ideas, not necessarily a specific sound. The label features the circle of producers affiliated to, and around him. The compilation Circle 2011 follows the success of 2010 edition and consists of 2 parts with exclusive unmixed tracksl, is clearly focussed on the dancefloor between the genres House and Techno. Established acts like Thomas Schumacher, Christian Smith, Martin Eyerer, Daso, Juergen Kirsch, Animal Trainer, Kellerkind are involved as well as upcoming producers like Martin Patino, Daniel Kampf, Marco Dassi, Spada and more.

Released by: FLASH Recordings
                        Release/catalogue number: FLASH 049
                        Release date: Dec 27, 2011

06. Guy Mantzur - Amorphous Love (Deepfunk's 2am Mix) (Reflow Vol 1) [Flow Vinyl | FV037]

Pena s Flow, presents a selection of some of the finest music from his label released last year plus some unreleased mixes from Deepfunk and Ian O´Donovan. We call these series, Reflow.

Just enjoy, feedback and chart it - Selected Feedbacks:

Hernan Cattaneo : Top pack
                        Guy J (Bedrock) : 2011 was great year for Flow , looking forward to 2012
                        Cid Inc (Replug Records) : Very very good!
                        Luciano : Thanks for the music. L
                        Jody Wisternoff (Way Out West) : Some great stuff here, thanks guys
                        Kassey Voorn (Bedrock, Cocoon, Sudbeat) : Fantastic pack, have supported plenty of those!
                        Davide Squillace (Hideout - Titbit) : downloading thks !
                        Monaque (alex) (Get Physical- Microcastle) : Great for me.
                        Seth Troxler (Visionquest) : Downloaded .thank you.

Format // Digital
                        Release Date // February 07 2012
                        Catalogue Number // Fv037
                        Distribution // Ingrooves

07. UNKLE - Heaven (Juan Deminicis Unofficial Remix) [unreleased]

Unkle (also written as U.N.K.L.E.) are a British musical outfit founded in 1994 by school friends James Lavelle and Tim Goldsworthy. Originally categorized as trip-hop, the group once included producer DJ Shadow and have employed a variety of guest artists and producers.

Heaven featured as a bonus on the digital package of the Hold My Hand single [Surrender All | SURR006D] before featuring on 'End Titles... Stories For Film' [Surrender All | SURR009LP] and 'More Stories - Selected UNKLE Works'.

Three King Unique remixes of Heaven appeared on Remix Stories Volume Two [Surrender All | SURR012DX] with one featuring on James Lavelle's Global Underground GU37: Bangkok. A Charlie May competition entry appeared in 2012 (and is on the mix link below) ahead of UNKLE Sounds, a new audio/visual DJ experience from UNKLE's James Lavelle.

http://soundcloud.com/unkleofficial/unkle-sounds-minimix

For 2012 we also get an unofficial remix by Argentinia's Juan Deminicis.

08. Nikko.Z - The Lizard King [unreleased]

Nikko.Z was born in 1985,in Greece. From a very early age,he expressed great affection for music.Bands like Pink Floyd and the Doors had a great influence on him and since then he started looking for more electronic elements and sounds,while thinking seriously of working on electronic music.The djs Sasha and Digweed were and still are his exemplar. After that,of course,Nikko.Z became extremely interested in House, Progressive and Techno sounds.

At the age of 15 he started djing and later on this hobby evolved into a real love for the electronic music.Consequently, due to this passion,he decided to also produce his own tracks.

In 2006 he attended the SAE international institute in Athens,and successfully graduated in ELECTRONIC MUSIC PRODUCTION. 
The last six years he has been creating his own productions in his studio. 
He teams up with more than ten labels worldwide which trust him and have released his tracks.

His music gets support from artists like Hernan Cattaneo, John Digweed, Paul Oakenfold, Dave Seaman, Nick Warren, Satoshi Tomiie, Marco Carola, Anthony Pappa, Armin van Buuren, Paul van Dyk and many more... 
He has also presented his dj sets as a guest at several internet radio stations, such as Frisky Radio, Proton Radio, Dance Radio ao.

After 10 years of hard work,Nikko.Z has managed to be mixing his music in quite many clubs both in Greece and abroad( Europe & the USA).

09. Guy J - My Thought Of You (Sian's Telepathic Mix Remix) [Bedrock Digital | BEDGJDIGI01]

John Digweeds Bedrock label kicks off 2012 with yet another superb release from one of the standout electronic artists in the world today. Guy J is at the forefront of a movement towards the melody-rich and emotionally charged roots of the house music spectrum. He's a young, innovative producer, DJ and live act, whose infectious production talents resulted in his amazing 3CD artist album (1000 Words) being acclaimed as one of the musical highlights of 2011.

Now, three of the albums standout tracks have been remixed alongside a brand new track, to form the hottest package you could hope for to start the year in style. Shining showcases the extraordinary talents of Guy J, from its beautifully subtle melodic intro, through a blossoming, journey-like arrangement with a highly emotive core, this is a masterful brand new track.

On 1000 Words as the mood moves towards deep, throbbing intensity, with lights down low, My Thought Of You turns up the energy levels and gets a little twisted, as Guy J pushes emotion buttons, exploring the psyche of the dance, exploring possibilities, forging ahead into the future. Which is a perfect starting point for Octopus label boss and Bedrock artist, Sian, to begin his audio experimentation on remix duty. When you have interests ranging from cosmology and marine biology, to the social impact of the rave generation, you tend to make unusual art and Sian stands out as a little more bohemian than the average electronic talent. Adhering more to the avant-garde side of club culture, his tracks develop an otherworldly, and hypnotic slant on techno. His reworking of My Thought Of You is yet another exceptional example of creative genius at work.

The gorgeous, heavenly vocals of Miriam Vaga feature on 3 tracks on 1000 Words with Fly providing a stunning finale to CD1, an amazing collection of the more eclectic and experimental side of Guy Js music. The original version can only be described as a listening experience that has been heaven sent, so there was only one possible choice to remix such beauty. Since they first burst onto the scene with the now classic album Wide Angle in 1999, Hybrid have been known as one of the most forward thinking and technically skilled acts in electronic dance music. Before hotfooting it over to Hollywood to work on the soundtrack for the new Terminator movie, they have made time to work their magic on Fly, and remixes don't come much bigger than this!

The heavenly atmospherics of Detroit techno bring 1000 Words to a close with the moody magnificence of Azimuth, which has been boldly taken into a new dimension by Bedrock remix competition winner, Kassey Voorn, from Athens, Greece.

Released by: Bedrock Records
                        Release/catalogue number: BEDGJDIGI01
                        Release date: Jan 16, 2012
                        sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• simonr
                          Transitionator
                          • Jun 2004

Apologies for the delay ... needed to tie up some track info, being a perfectionist

Igor Cold track is top notch - right up my street + always nice to have an UNKLE remix in there.

sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• remix7196
                            Getting warmed up
                            • Aug 2008

Digging this thread up from the dead as I've been trying to find Nikko.Z - The Lizard King *everywhere* !!! I'd love to buy it, but it's nowhere to be found on any site, free or for pay. Does anyone know anything more about this track??

Comment

• DIDI
                              Aussie Pest
                              • Nov 2004

You could try contacting Nikko.Z through soundcloud ??

Nikko.Z's Upcoming Gigs Fri 16 Nov, 18 Stage, Larisa, Greece Sat 16 Feb, 19 1001, London, United Kingdom Sat 21 Jul, 19 Sisyphos Hammahalle, Berlin, Germany Powered by GigaTools Nikko.Z was born

Soundclud is fast becoming my first port of call for information.

Comment

Working...