X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chunky
    Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
    • Jan 2006

Tenaglia on the bread line

Dear Friends, please, just LET me BE, LET me BE! >> The Time Has Come for ME to "finally" BE MYSELF!! I have been telling people for so many years now to JUST BE YOURSELF!! But for me, being myself was living with 1 foot in a closet and 1 outside "trying" to BE the happiest DJ on Earth, which I have been, and give the World the best I had to Give because I know how happy I have made people wit...h the gift of music from GOD and this has been a great blessing .... so I simply Could Not Stop!! Since everything has CHANGED since I first realized I wanted to BE a DJ forever like playing records" and getting a job in nightclubs back in the early 70's (gag) and now here I am at 51, been around the world many times, put over One Million Miles in the sky, 3 full Passports and my Heart has been YEARNING for something New & Different besides music. BUT, as I have been trying to STOP and make BIG changes like finally calling my home in Miami since 2006 HOME, but was always to busy between NY residencies and travels and it's been getting the best of me lately. Airplanes, Airports, Hotels, Foreign-isms, and what can I say: I HAVE SEEN THE MOUNTAINTOP as a DJ and I just need to STOP and smell the roses of my life and simply try to "Grow Up and BE who I really am" but "everything" - including the need for finances to afford my Loft of 10 years in NY which I can no longer afford and must let go of by July . . . I know many people think I am wealthy but I assure I am not! I have lived well and have very nice things to show for my earnings, but I cannot stop working!! When I say I have been writing for the past 5 days, it has been DEEP!! I kept starting over and over and it's turned into a major journal and sooooo much of this I promise I want to share with ALL of you, The Good and The Bad, but thankfully it's mostly good! ON my way home on Wed from DR & Montreal I was having a bad day as I had a head cold, and there's no enjoyment in an airplane or in a hotel room out of the country with a headcold .... anyhow, I was traveling back to Miami alone as my co-workers flew back to NY and I was just looking out the window the whole flight and for 3 hours I was just thinking HOW AM I EVER GOING TO PROPERLY RESIGN (not retire) . . . And when I got home I realized I left a small carry on murse bag with many personal things, keys, passport and so on and at first all I could feel was FURY!! I tried everything between Lost & Found and the car service, but as my ID was in there and now 6 days later no return, well all I can say is that THIS has been The Revelation that I needed to say: LADIES & GENTLEMEN: As of this day, I am "resigning" (not retiring) and all future gigs will sadly BE canceled except for My Belated Birthday @ Pacha on Sat April 28th! This will BE my final gig until I feel I am ready to return back to the decks. This is thee hardest decision I have ever had to make in my career, but if not now, then when?? I apologize to all parties involved but I think most people that know me personally know that this has been coming! I have performed at WMC 26 years in a row! I have played every year in Ibiza since 2000! It's time for ME to Stop and settle down, move out from the loft which will BE a very MAJOR ordeal . . . OMG!! I have soooooooooo much STUFF!!! There is no way I can do all this and travel and have a life . . . Only I can make the decisions of what stays and what goes, including what I will do with over 10,000 records, etc etc etc ....... SO in closing: I LOVE YOU ALL and I just wanna Thank U 4 Lettin me BE MYSELF all these years, and now I beg you to please continue with me in my journey and my quest for something new and wonderful. I will never give up my first love with MUSIC, but there has to BE something else (or someone) out there waiting for me! >> I promise to keep updating here, but I needed to do this today - in order to BE FREE & BE ME!! Please BE kind, this has not been easy and I am a very sensitive person. God BE with US all! See you soon!!
    Originally posted by res0nat0r
    OK Lets All Stroke Ron Pauls Cock On 3!
  • simonr
    Transitionator
    • Jun 2004

Re: Tenaglia on the bread line

The horse must have had an expensive upkeep.
    sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• feather
      Shanghai ooompa loompa
      • Jul 2004

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
      a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
      Originally posted by m1sT3rL
      Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• Global Eyes
        Gold Gabber
        • Jun 2004

Where's those set's he promised earlier in the year?

Comment

• unrecogniseduser
          Platinum Poster
          • Jun 2004

i thought he retired years ago
          motherlover

Comment

• thebanned1
            DUDERZ get a life!!!
            • May 2009

Originally posted by unrecogniseduser
            i thought he retired years ago

i wish he had.... never been a fan
            How to Check the True Bitrate of Your Audio Files - Make Tech Easier

Comment

• nick007
              DUDERZ get a life!!!
              • Oct 2007

The largest room in the world, is the room for improvement!

Comment

• GarryX
                DUDERZ get a life!!!
                • Apr 2006

Never really understood why he wouldnt have any of his sets go public (maybe someone can enlighten me) but his GU Athens was great i thought.

Any other time i heard him he was always just ok. Wont make much difference to me what he does tbh.

Comment

• chunky
                  Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                  • Jan 2006

I saw him loads around 97 till 04 and he was always great. But the stuff he puts out now is terrible
                  Originally posted by res0nat0r
                  OK Lets All Stroke Ron Pauls Cock On 3!

Comment

• tiddles
                    Encryption, Jr.
                    • Jun 2004

he types like a 12 year old girl. i ain't reading that shit

Comment

• GregWhelan
                      Are you Kidding me??
                      • Jun 2004

Best clubbing experience of my life was hearing him at Bedrock for Digweed's birthday in either 1998 or 1999 (cant remember exact date).

He absolutely rocked it - started with Jam & Spoon-Stella and it was tune after tune after tune. Played the Green Velvet-Flash accapella all over the place as well (months before his mix was released)

Ended up dancing next to the Global Underground Fat Lads all night who were enjoying it as much as me.

Comment

• dusk
                        DUDERZ get a life!!!
                        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by tiddles
                        he types like a 12 year old girl. i ain't reading that shit

lol... ditto on that.

Love GU Athens though
                        ~ You are what you think you are ~

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
                          Anyone have Styx livesets?
                          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by GregWhelan
                          . Played the Green Velvet-Flash accapella all over the place as well (months before his mix was released)

he was about 3 or 4 years late

sounds like an amazing night tho!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                          ....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

Comment

• da hype
                            Getting Somewhere
                            • Dec 2009

GU Athens might be one of the best all-around comilpations of all time

DT takes all diff generes and mixes em flawlessly on both discs

Comment

• sbando
                              Going back to Romford
                              • Apr 2008

TL;DR

╔══╗............/\_¸_/\
                              ╚╗╔╝...........(=•_•=)
                              ╔╝(¯`v´¯).......ღ***ღ.*
                              ╚══`.¸. ...:::.(¯`•\|/•´¯) ☆*゚

Comment

Working...