The Breakfast Club w/ GUY J (Israel / Bedrock) [3hr+set] @ New Guernica, Sun 10 June

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DIDI
    Aussie Pest
    • Nov 2004

The Breakfast Club w/ GUY J (Israel / Bedrock) [3hr+set] @ New Guernica, Sun 10 June

Darkbeat & New Guernica Present:

THE BREAKFAST CLUB

Featuring

GUY J
    (ISRAEL) [3HR+ SET] (BEDROCK, COCOON)

SUNDAY JUNE 10th @ NEW GUERNICA

(Queens Birthday weekend)

After a month hiatus, Darkbeat & New Guernica reunite to present the fourth instalment of The Breakfast Club. We are proud to be returning on Sunday June 10th with the one and only Guy J (Israel) from the Bedrock Records stables for this very special occasion.

Israeli producer Guy J has established himself as one of the most sophisticated and emotive producers in electronic music. Whether it be his sensual, hypnotic take on house music, his deeply textured techno or his wondrous ambient material, his sublime Depeche Mode-esque synth work points to a talent that has surprised many, considering his short time releasing records. Two full album releases on Bedrock Records, (Esparanza in 2008 and 1000 Words in 2011), releases on Tiga’s Turbo and Sven Vath’s Cocoon, followed by his own imprint ‘Lost & Found’ (a sub label for Digweed’s Bedrock) this unique talent’s portfolio is a diverse beast. Each of his releases is met with a swell of anticipation, and for once in this often over-hyped world, it’s fully justified.

Guy J’s performances are always touched with a magic and emotion that few can rival. Catch him preforming a exclusive 3hr+ Set as The Breakfast Club presents Guy J.

Support from Phil K, Rollin Connection, Andrew Wowk (Sydney), Dave Juric, Simon Murphy, J-Sylde, Andrew Slattery, +More TBA

Tickets Available very shortly through Moshtix, Itm, and www.newguernica.com.au

10pm til Late

Sunday 10th June (Queens Birthday Weekend) @ New Guernica

New Guernica
    2/322 Little Collins St City

I m sooo excited about this !! Only thing that would excite me more would be Hernan

Originally posted by TheVrk
    it IS incredible isn't it??
    STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
    Simply does not get any better than Hernan
    The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies
  • Hoff
    Are you Kidding me??
    • Aug 2009

Re: The Breakfast Club w/ GUY J (Israel / Bedrock) [3hr+set] @ New Guernica, Sun 10 J

should be 6 hours !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

.. . 0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0 Lost and Found

Comment

• DIDI
      Aussie Pest
      • Nov 2004

Re: The Breakfast Club w/ GUY J (Israel / Bedrock) [3hr+set] @ New Guernica, Sun 10 J

I am just waiting for that moment when that track kicks in !!!!

Btw They are actually leaving him room to play on if he wants too. But he is doing the Boat gig in Brisbane the same day , so not too hopeful that he will . Hope he can sleep on planes
      STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..

Comment

• DIDI
        Aussie Pest
        • Nov 2004

Tonight is the night!! I get to hear this in a club. !!!

Comment

• DIDI
          Aussie Pest
          • Nov 2004

Ok ! The first thing I have to say is that not only was Guy J amazing, all our locals really showed how it should be done !! Not only fantastic music but all time appropriate. Felt so proud of you all !! Shame in one way, because I didn't get to check the side room. In fact I think there were about 5 hours when I didn't even leave the dancefloor Kept begging water from others.

Dan and Phil doing that wonderful slower stuff. Dave and Andrew played so well together, sad we are losing Dave, really hope we do get to see Andrew more often .

Guy J was mind blowing , I always find that although the mixes he gives us are great , in the clubs he is just so much better. !! And he gets to everyone, I had friends there whose tastes run from handbag house to psy, and every one of them loved him !! Had them thanking me for nagging them to go. Amazing tune after amazing tune , but the one tune that really stood out for me was Lost and Found. It is just pure genius . It sounded even more incredible than I expected. I can't imagine anyone being able to beat this for track of the year.

Simon and Jordsz finished off the night beautifully , although quite a few of us would have liked them to keep playing for a while longer.

Absolutely wonderful music from beginning to end. ! You can't say that often. Thank you all

Comment

Working...